Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Growing with purely peat, pumice, compost and worm castings?

Thread Title Search
Growing with purely peat, pumice, compost and worm castings? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 11:32 PM #1
RenaissanceBrah

RenaissanceBrah has a spectacular aura aboutRenaissanceBrah has a spectacular aura aboutRenaissanceBrah has a spectacular aura about
Growing with purely peat, pumice, compost and worm castings?

I've read that all you really need is good compost (Bu's Blend) and good worm castings to grow... hoping to put that to the test

If I'll be growing using strictly an equal mix of peat moss, pumice and (compost + EWC), how well would my plants grow with that mix?

(Not looking for huge yields or super potency, growing for strictly positive effect, I don't mind lower potency).

I have an organic worm bin I've been cultivating for the past 8 months, so I have a ton of worm castings.

Just wondering about the ratios... For the compost part of the mix, should I do 50/50 mix of compost and worm castings? Or how should the worm castings play into the equation?

I picked up 10 three-gallon fabric pots, want to run them alongside my 30-gallon no-till pots, and plant regular seeds. If I get males, they'll be easier to move to another location, and the females I can just leave. Want to start playing with making my own seeds
RenaissanceBrah is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2021, 09:26 AM #2
Sat X RB

Sat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud of
Good luck. Sounds like fucking around to me ...
Sat X RB is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:02 AM #3
Bio boy

Bio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the rough
Google coots. Mix

Ur almost there but missing a few amendments.

Its compost airation peat 33% equal the compost is only good if u follow the guides of composting.

They are wha u feed.

But ur missing ph stabilisers dolomite
Oyster shell

Neem
Kelp
Chittin
Crabmeal

Biochar
Etc
Bio boy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:08 PM #4
Azeotrope

Azeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of light
I might go with 1/3 ewc/compost, 1/3 peat, 2/3 coco

Peat is really a shitty growing medium. Too hydrophobic, compacts too easily, breaks down, and the environmental imoact of harvesting peat is fairly disturbing
Azeotrope is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 01:27 AM #5
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
You read too much!

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 11:25 AM #6
Bio boy

Bio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the rough
Coco is worse than peat.

Same hf reaction. Compacts down even when airated and locks ca and k easily causing deficincys.

It also has a bad harvest worse thsn peat tbh. And if it dryes out goodluck making it wet again when roots haven grown in it

Btw im a coco grower.
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2021, 04:19 PM #7
RenaissanceBrah

RenaissanceBrah has a spectacular aura aboutRenaissanceBrah has a spectacular aura aboutRenaissanceBrah has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
You read too much!
You mean in regards to the peat? Or my pure peat/pumice/compost/EWC question?
RenaissanceBrah is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2021, 04:26 PM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
I guess the question could have been have you grown before? Each time you grow there are lessons learned that can be applied to increase efficiency. OTOH, there is a lot of "bogusness out there as well", all dependent on environment and growing conditions.

~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Old 01-21-2021, 10:09 AM #9
Sat X RB

Sat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud ofSat X RB has much to be proud of
Man ... Switcher might be saying, that: The Learning is in the Doing!
Sat X RB is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2021, 01:53 AM #10
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

No! I am saying stop chasing rainbows!!

~Snowden