What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

gwhunran

A pleasure to have you among us @gwhunran :) thanks for choosing Golden Tiger fem for your current grow. If growing media is within correct ph, then the shorter GT is showing nutrient toxicity. Not sure if possible in your setup, but lower down the macro nutrients and ec for that plant, the other 2 taller GTs seem to do fine with current nutrient levels and are forming great sized colas.
Thank you dubi. I love that your offering strains that don't seem to be available elsewhere. I feed them off the same reservoir. I did a regularly scheduled reservoir change yesterday and lowered the load again.

Just for reference. GH three part NPK values are:
Micro-5-0-1
Grow-2-1-6
Bloom-0-5-4

KoolBllom- 0-10-10
CalMag+- 2-0-0

A normal maximum reservoir for 17 gallons recommended by GH in Early Bloom is:
Micro- 135ml
Grow-50ml
Bloom-180ml

KoolBloom-30-40ml
CalMag+-60ml

Yesterday's reservoir:
Micro-60ml
Grow-50ml
Bloom 150ml

No CalMag+ used
No KoolBloom used

The previous reservoir had 180ml Bloom, 20ml CalMag+ and 20ml KoolBloom the other values remain the same.

The plants seem to be the same since yesterday's res change. Not any worse.

This is the first time GH recommended amounts have let me down. The recommended amounts worked just fine for a ACE Panama grow from last year.

I will post up pictures of the grow about once a week on this thread to show how their doing if that's okay.

gwhunran

Golden Tiger, Day 74 since flip running Scroged in a hydro flood and drain.

I think they are recovering from the nutrient problem. The buds have grown throughout, the leaves have just looked bad.

GT Day 74 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 74 since flip.

GT Day 74 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 74 since flip. One of the longer stalks that was run horizontal under the 2nd screen to let others catch up. Note vertical bud growth along its length. :)

gwhunran

Golden Tiger continues to improve from the nutrient burn. Flowers are filling in nicely. Three plants. Two tall phenos and one short compact pheno. Different flower structure.

GT Day  flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 86 since flip.

GT Day  flower (6).JPG

GT Day  flower (8)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 86 since flip. Short pheno bud on left. Whole plant under 2nd screen.

GT Day 80 Flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 86 since flip. Flowering of tall pheno stalk.

Hey all. Iā€™m new on here. Growing outdoors in the tropics. Not new to growing weed, but quite new to growing weed in the tropics. Iā€™ve grown Cheese, Maui Waui, Mangu Carrot and Orient Express x NepalJam (if I remember correctly) out here. Had a break from growing for about a year now.

Clearing out my fridge I found seed purchased three years ago. 10 Golden Tiger Standard and 6 Zamal type things - Mangu Carrot (French connection seeds?). Sowed them in communal pots thinking I would get little or no germination. Went away for a long weekend and very surprised to find all 10 GT germinated. Four weeks later one very weak Mangu Carrot came up. GTs had dried out badly over that long weekend and only five were in good health.

Have 4 GTs now 7wks old (lost one to monkeys).

Looking at seed catalogue now for my next grow. Plan to start in January/February. Got my eye on the ACE R&D crosses and will also be growing HSO version of Blue Dream. Any ideas which ACE R&D crosses will have the largest yield?

FFF9FA58-CEA3-4ABF-9574-A12489AC995D.jpeg

Four GT and the runty Zamal type plant on the right.

ED821E3A-62D5-447F-96A3-5341B89C7CA8.jpeg

Interesting - Have a look at the intermodal arrangement on this GT (itā€™s the tallest one). Opposite to alternate and then back to opposite!?

Thanks šŸ™

Ras Kali Rasta

Hey all. Iā€™m new on here. Growing outdoors in the tropics. Not new to growing weed, but quite new to growing weed in the tropics. Iā€™ve grown Cheese, Maui Waui, Mangu Carrot and Orient Express x NepalJam (if I remember correctly) out here. Had a break from growing for about a year now.

Clearing out my fridge I found seed purchased three years ago. 10 Golden Tiger Standard and 6 Zamal type things - Mangu Carrot (French connection seeds?). Sowed them in communal pots thinking I would get little or no germination. Went away for a long weekend and very surprised to find all 10 GT germinated. Four weeks later one very weak Mangu Carrot came up. GTs had dried out badly over that long weekend and only five were in good health.

Looking at seed catalogue now for my next grow. Plan to start in January/February. Got my eye on the ACE R&D crosses and will also be growing HSO version of Blue Dream. Any ideas which ACE R&D crosses will have the largest yield?

View attachment 18905648

View attachment 18905649
Interesting - Have a look at the intermodal arrangement on this GT (itā€™s the tallest one). Opposite to alternate and then back to opposite!?

Thanks šŸ™

Putting the mango carrot zamal to a Koh Chang dominant GT 2.0 pheno would be pretty cool.
You would have to think that among the R&D selections, GTƗA5 would be extremely productive.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Golden Tiger continues to improve from the nutrient burn. Flowers are filling in nicely. Three plants. Two tall phenos and one short compact pheno. Different flower structure.

View attachment 18904607

View attachment 18904608

View attachment 18904609
Golden Tiger, Day 86 since flip. Short pheno bud on left. Whole plant under 2nd screen.

View attachment 18904615
Golden Tiger, Day 86 since flip. Flowering of tall pheno stalk.

Glad you managed to correct a bit the problem @gwhunran new growth looks much healthier, producing big colas. I'm an organic grower so i'm not very familiarized with GH line, but you must take in consideration the ec levels after mixing all the products. Fertilizer companies like to recommend too high levels of nutrients (indeed too high for sativa strains like Golden Tiger).

The early Killer Malawi pheno with such resins and huge ovaries looks almost done, i would flush that one and harvest soon. The other, longer flowering one in your last picture has more Thai influence and still needs a few weeks more.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag @17 Degrees North :) thanks for choosing Golden Tiger for your current outdoor grow in the subtropics.

View attachment 18905648

View attachment 18905649

Thanks šŸ™

hehehehe that one wanted to become adult, then realized how cruel is adults world and went back to childhood :LOL:

Regarding best yielding sativas for warm climates, you have plenty to choose from:

Ethiopia x Malawi
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger 3
Golden Tiger x Panama
Guawi
Honduras x Panama
Killer A5 Haze
Malawi x Panama
Panama x Bangi Haze
Panama A5 Haze
Super Panama Haze
Zenith

and from R+D:

Golden Tiger x A5 Haze
Zamaldelica x A5 Haze

Hope it helps!

gwhunran

Glad you managed to correct a bit the problem @gwhunran new growth looks much healthier, producing big colas. I'm an organic grower so i'm not very familiarized with GH line, but you must take in consideration the ec levels after mixing all the products. Fertilizer companies like to recommend too high levels of nutrients (indeed too high for sativa strains like Golden Tiger).

The early Killer Malawi pheno with such resins and huge ovaries looks almost done, i would flush that one and harvest soon. The other, longer flowering one in your last picture has more Thai influence and still needs a few weeks more.
Thank you for your assistance. :) Especially identifying my phenos. I had them backwards.:rolleyes: I thought the taller ones were the Malawi leaning phenotypes.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to harvest the Killer Malawi pheno before the others. I might be able to cut a few stalks but the Thai pheno in front, is in the way. All three plants in the flood and drain, are being fed from the same reservoir. I was planning on harvesting about day 120 from flip. :unsure:Tomorrow will be day 90. Straight water at day 110.

Welcome to ICMag @17 Degrees North :) thanks for choosing Golden Tiger for your current outdoor grow in the subtropics.

hehehehe that one wanted to become adult, then realized how cruel is adults world and went back to childhood :LOL:

Regarding best yielding sativas for warm climates, you have plenty to choose from:

Ethiopia x Malawi
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger 3
Golden Tiger x Panama
Guawi
Honduras x Panama
Killer A5 Haze
Malawi x Panama
Panama x Bangi Haze
Panama A5 Haze
Super Panama Haze
Zenith

and from R+D:

Golden Tiger x A5 Haze
Zamaldelica x A5 Haze

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the help!

The tall one went alternate again! šŸ¤£

Iā€™ll have a browse. GTxA5 looks like it would be awesome!