What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New growers just chill and enjoy learning to grow.

Lamogio

There are certainly many different ways of germinating a seed. Personally I have never used the glass of water method. Most of the time I plant directly into soil if I'm using soil. If I'm using cocoa I use the paper towel method. Knock on wood, so far I have a 100% germination rate. If you are using soil my best recommendation is to use red solo cups poke a bunch of holes in the bottom. Fill the cup with whatever medium you're using and completely saturate it with properly ph'ed water say 6.5 ph. Let all of the water completely drain out then poke a hole in the soil in the middle of the cup to the first knuckle of your index finger. Drop the seed in and cover it loosely. Yes, the seeds should be in the dark and the soil should be around 80 degrees. A seed heating blanket is great. Once the seeds poke though the soil then you can use your light. As for the paper towel method I would let your seeds get to room temp then put them in the wet paper towel method, Keep it moist dark and warm. Once they pop very carefully remove from the towel being careful that the tap root hasn't attached to the fiber of the towel and then transplant into solo cup using the same method. Tap root down.

Thank you mate for your reply !
Well , i have 5 seeds left in the paper towel ( closed dark place under my bulbs ) , I will wait 1-2 days and then i will put them in soil whatever their condition (even if they haven't show root)

Peace !

Dblbogey

Too late if in fact it would ever have done any good at all, even two months ago, the main stalk on my 100% Sativa, just as it exits the ground, has split in two right down the middle for about an inch underground and an inch above ground essentially dividing the plant down the middle, with the right side only slightly less full than the left one.

How much, if any damage has this split done to both sides? The leaves and preflowers on each look fairly robust, comparable to their sisters (and one Brother) plant right beside it.

Just his morning the single male showed his junk and has been cut from the stalk, and placed in water.

Q: will this 100% Sativa male live on and produce pollen--- while in water ----so that I can cross it with another female phenotype later, (thinking Girl Scout Cookies, or Tangie) and if so, how long will it live in plain water? Should I re-veg it instead in a totally safe place?

Any help will result in my sending you, if you want, some free seeds from either the just cut male or his offspring later.

Dblbogey

mrbump

Thank you for the thread! The starting tips were stuff I'd not found out yet.

I feel I've been doing far too much research and getting myself baffled at words I don't know and methods I've never heard of.

I've got my LED light and going to order the rest of my kit soon. Going the hydro and clay pebbles route.

chomsky

Thank you for the thread! The starting tips were stuff I'd not found out yet.

I feel I've been doing far too much research and getting myself baffled at words I don't know and methods I've never heard of.

I've got my LED light and going to order the rest of my kit soon. Going the hydro and clay pebbles route.

I've been growing for years now and I still see words and lingo I have no idea WTF!!! Have fun man!!!

Attilioatia

I am a new grower, currently in my 6th week of vegging a northern lights plant, just the one as wanted to make sure i got it right before jumping in. She currently stands at 15 inches, my aim is begin flowering today. My question is, is my plant on track or am i behind in any way, want to make sure before i begin this process, i am growing in soil also.

Attilioatia

6 weeks

6 weeks

This is the plant, grown in soil under CFL's, currently 6 weeks old, stands at 15 inches, let me know what other info you require, i am using bio bizz soil.

chomsky

I'm really not sure what your question is. You can flip to 12 and 12 anytime you want. Six weeks is a very solid veg time. However 15 inches is not very tall at all. There are many factors to consider. Your grow height as in How tall are you able to even grow the plants? Are they healthy are they suffering from deficiencies?