What's new

Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful mayan :) Im glad you want to repeat the congo experience!

The are 3 main phenos in the Congo hybrid:

1) The small-medium sized more indica (pck) influenced, fast flowering(9-10 weeks), more robust, better yielding. Perfect for indoor growing and outdoor growing in colder climates.

2) The medium-tall pheno of dark thin sativa leaf, very congolese dominant, very branchy, medium yield, flowering time 10-12 weeks.

3) The outdoor beast congo 3 dominant pheno, extremely vigorous sativa for outdoor growing in warm climate. 12 weeks of flowering.

They all share the same kind of aromas and similar effects. The new stock comes mainly from the first pheno.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Ahhhh! Thanks, dubi - any thoughts as to which pheno the above plant may be. I will try to get better shots. It was grown from seed so as you can see the structure is wonderful but quite compact.

thanks for the info Dubi
the one i have going now is in the mid 30s and showing some purple, it also seems more dense and yielding than the one mayan posted, so perhaps i have the pck influenced pheno and you have one of the other 2 @ Mayan.

on that note dubi, do you still get the clear very sativa like high on the pck influenced phenos? this was what i was after and for how great of plant this is, i would love it to tick the box on the high, ill be keeping her if she does :) cheers.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ahhhh! Thanks, dubi - any thoughts as to which pheno the above plant may be. I will try to get better shots. It was grown from seed so as you can see the structure is wonderful but quite compact.

Hi mayan :)

Looks like your female is the first pheno, more compact and early flowering, good for indoor growing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks for the info Dubi
the one i have going now is in the mid 30s and showing some purple, it also seems more dense and yielding than the one mayan posted, so perhaps i have the pck influenced pheno and you have one of the other 2 @ Mayan.

on that note dubi, do you still get the clear very sativa like high on the pck influenced phenos? this was what i was after and for how great of plant this is, i would love it to tick the box on the high, ill be keeping her if she does :) cheers.

Hello Mrgreenharvest,

If she's dense and good yielding purple pheno with just 30 days of flower then you have a bangi congo/pck dominant pheno, it's the first pheno ;) All phenos share the same aroma and kind of congolese effect, of course with minor differences between individuals.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Congo - Her Time Approacheth

Congo - Her Time Approacheth

Hello - oh followers of Congo! I thought I'd slap up a few quick pics of Lady Congo as she begins to fix her gaze upon Eternity. She's about 68 days in this pic and I intend for her to come down as soon as another plant is done drying. I was planning on letting her go longer but -damn- she's beginning to look ready. She is magnificent and swathed in encrusted trichs. Her calyxs are bulbous (hopefully not seeded).

For want of a better word, she's raggedy. Her growth was chaotic. At first it looked like the flowers were going to be quite small but she has really filled out in the last coupla weeks. Her odor is intensely fruity. Cloyingly. But there's a subtle undercurrent of hashiness and musk. I don't think that resin always means "potent high" but I gotta say this is giving me the distinct impression that it is very formidable.

A picture is worth a thousand words so here she is...

attachment.php

attachment.php

At this point, she's even further along (two or three days after the pics).

Attachments

• C_Macro_A.jpg
    C_Macro_A.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 48
  • c_macro_C.jpg
    c_macro_C.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 41
  • C_Macro_B.jpg
    C_Macro_B.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 42
  • c_macro_d__+.jpg
    c_macro_d__+.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Congo_part_A.jpg
    Congo_part_A.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Congo_whole_A.jpg
    Congo_whole_A.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Congo_whole_B.jpg
    Congo_whole_B.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 45

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful mayan as usual :) Congrats on your new Congo harvest!

Looks like the plant i squite matured at this point, dont like to over mature this strains but this is just a personal preference. Enjoy! ;)

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Congo - Chop!

Congo - Chop!

Hey, dubi...so glad you are liking what you see. Well, the time was right and down she came - Day 69 or 70. I went kinda pic crazy during the process as she was SO unusual and anarchic in how she grew. I do not remember my last Congo being so resinous. The flowers are small and delicate but thick up and down the branches. Also, the calyxes tend to be swollen in extremis and many of them have their very own stalks...as you will see. Scent upon harvest was pretty wild...intensely fruity and bubblegummy, hashy but with dark overtones of forest floor and rotted tropical fruit. During the trim I also sensed some fuel in the scent. I am sure this is gonna be top-shelf/connoisseur cannabis.

Here goes...Here she is - day of harvest...

attachment.php

Here's the top of the kola...

attachment.php

Attachments

• top_b.jpg
    top_b.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 39
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 38
  • nekkid.jpg
    nekkid.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 41
  • gettin_there.jpg
    gettin_there.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 42
  • whole_A.jpg
    whole_A.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 33
  • bud_b+.jpg
    bud_b+.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 36
  • kola_c+.jpg
    kola_c+.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 37

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Congo - Close up and Personal

Congo - Close up and Personal

These shots are a bit more intimate in nature...Enjoy!

Attachments

• macro_i+.jpg
    macro_i+.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 30
  • macro_h+.jpg
    macro_h+.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 28
  • macro_g+.jpg
    macro_g+.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 24
  • macro_f+.jpg
    macro_f+.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 28
  • macro_e+d.jpg
    macro_e+d.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 29
  • macro_j_A+.jpg
    macro_j_A+.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 32
  • macroa+.jpg
    macroa+.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 33
  • macrob+.jpg
    macrob+.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 36
  • macroc++.jpg
    macroc++.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 29

konopenko

Veteran
Konno - isseur ganja 4sure...last 3 pictures are clear evidence that ganja is the ultimate medicine..hats off mayan

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks and sounds tasty indeed hehehhe mouth watering pics :yummy:

Love the resinous foxtailed sativa ovaries, 70 days flowering time is very nice for such sativa expression! Enjoy!! :D

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey konno -> just sampled a taste. Yes! Absolutely quite amazing. Trippy and long-lasting. Kanna-sseur to be sure. And yo way not generic. Happy camper.

Bobby Stainless -> thanks so much, man. I'm loving it - figure you will too. Fascinating plant. There's a wildness to it. Bag appeal may need to be defined differently. But since I ain't selling it's not an issue. If you have patients/clients, they may need to be educated in the wily ways of the sativoid.

dubi...70 days is way cool for this type of "high." You did good!! Respect!!!

Beautiful Congo you have there Mayan.

I must say your phenotype varies quite a bit compared to mine, while both share the same structure, your buds tend to show more of a sativa expression compared to mine.

a post of such is useless without a picture, so i attempted to take a bud shot on a camera phone (sorry for the lack of tech :biggrin:)

any way, here is a poor photo of a bud from mine, keep in mine this is one of the higher up dense buds, not the bottom fluffy buds which tend to produce more trichomes visually.

i would say majority of the buds are a solid dark purple, it's barely visible due to the large trichomes though, also you can see she has more hybrid looking buds.

i really feel like i've hit a winner here, it easilly has more frost than anything else i've grown to date.

how common are such phenotypes @ dubi? and thank you for providing such nice genetics..

in terms of smell, i'm getting an initial hit of possibly wheat? followed by fruity goodness, if i touch a bud and smell after a gentle rub together of the fingers, it reminds me of celery (this is very new to me)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mrgreenharvest :)

Im glad to know congo is also providing good experiences in your garden. Depending on the year release, there could be some differences between the different congo releases, latest release has a great sweet floral aroma, purpling easily, great resin production and short flowering time for a sativa dominant hybrid. It's a great plant! Thanks for share it ;)

thanks for the reply dubi, and thank you once again for these genetics..i'm blown away really..

i tried a bit around week 9 just recent, about 10% amber i would guess, letting her go 30-40% amber, im thinking week 10.

any way..heres what i expected when i only poped 2 of these seeds..

a short sativa with fluffy buds, green and about 12 weeks flower.

what i got.
1 female
a short sativa, beautiful dense deep purple buds just covered in massive trichomes, beautiful fruity smell, deep berry taste, 9-10 weeks flowering time, and best of all the high i wanted!

beautiful sativa buzz through the body with an extremely clear head, your eyes do not feel high..the exhale reminds me of the purple berry rollups..beautiful stuff..

will do a smoke report when properly cured etc..but as of now this is a new favourite for me, i'll be crossing this female to a nice male kksc pheno i found from a few packs of kksc x fire alien..i can only imagine the beauty :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sounds nice Mrgreenharvest :smoke: that's early flowering! I think you got a pakistani tasty one with strong congolese effect. Enjoy!

southernpeace

Congo

Hi Dubi,
Mine have been in flower for 40days and have black licorice &sweet skunky smell and strechy but good bud density.
What pheno would you say it leans?