What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do clone moms mature faster than their clones?

FarmerTed

I have a clone mom that i put into 12/12 after taking many clones over several months & saving one to be the new mom. Typically these clones take 7 weeks to show a few amber trichs. I checked her at 5 weeks and shes already turning amber! Is there anything other than maturity that could cause this or should i chop her down?
Thanks

badmf

Always chop when its time, there is no exact timetable as temp/stress/nutes/lighting etc can effect finish times. I would add that larger plants usually take longer not shorter so check top-mid-bottom and harvest accordingly. :joint:

CDM

The mom, and her clones are the same age.. so they should all mature at the same time when put in the right conditions.. the clones will mature in the same timeframe as the mom.

potty1

i'm with cdm^
as soon as the plant is sexually mature then there should be no difference in bloom time.