What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you clean ur hands after... ?

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Hello !!

I`m just courious how to clean my hands quickly after harvest <triming> , I dont like work with gloves, normal soup is not enough, I know taht alcohol works good but do u have any difrent ideas to clean it properly staright after few hours of hard work ?

THC is alcohol soluble. Moisten your hands with alcohol and rub away. If you want to really get rid of the THC quickly, you can add something coarse to your hands like salt or sand to help pull the resin off your hands.

pilsenViper

I wash my hands prior to harvest .When I'm done I rub my hands together ,generate some heat and collect the tar that balls up.
Results in a few real nice "Gum" hits to reward me for my hard work
then clean with R-OH

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
yep standaard cooking oil, dip your fingertips into the deepfat fryer. (remember to make sure its off).

G

Popeye agrees with Olive Oil. I wear Nitrile surgical gloves (available at "HarborFreight.com" for cheap. When finished the gloves are soaked/rinsed off in a small amount of 90% alcohol (WalMart) and allowed to evaporate. Scrape up the THC and make yourself happy.

TyStik

G

great suggestion with the oils. i always used ISO Alcohol and just scrubbed away with some Pumice soap, but never seemed to work that good.

i will be trying the oil.

J

Jam Master Jaco

I don't know if your familiar with a type of pipe cleaning product called 420 cleaner but that stuff'll get anything weed related off your hands.

Y

yamaha_1fan

I tried some citrus cleaner in the ornage bottle. Its the stuff mechanics use and it didnt work well.

just make sure you dont have any cuts on your hands when using alcohol OUCH. I use latex gloves

Y

yamaha_1fan

upgradeshafted said:
butter margarine or vegetable oil a rag...then wash with dish soap

How the hell did you come up with that? I mean seriously, who gets done trimming, then looks in the fridge and says " wow that butter should clean my hands"

I am not doubting it works, I just dont know how anyone thought of it.

SoEx

yamaha_1fan said:
How the hell did you come up with that? I mean seriously, who gets done trimming, then looks in the fridge and says " wow that butter should clean my hands"

THC is also known to be fat soluble (which is why people cook using oil/butter), so I suppose that's how it lead up to it.

I think dipping your fingers in food/cooking stuff is kinda weird. But whatever floats your boat. If you just want to get clean and don't care about saving it, alcohol should work fantastically. I've never tried making iso hash out of rinsings from gloves after working with plants, but then again this is my first grow. I have made iso hash before with some good success, though.

Thanks for this thread, some interesting ideas in it. I think the freezing sounds most appealing.

S

strain_searcher

Here is your solution! Rub your hands with coco butter hand lotiong. The shit comes right off. You can use many diffrent types of lotion as well.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Off topic.....but,

After cutting garlic, when you wash your hands use something stainless steel I use a butter knife thats 18/10 and it strips the odor from your hands.

understanding what is on my hands and what gets it off and years of trying different shit is how i came up with it son..i didnt read it somewhere like most of you...anything i say is from experience and not some bullshit i read or saw in a youtube video...i have found chemicals will remove but butter is way safer you think?...i could use motor oil if i wanted...any oil baby oil butter ....any oil will remove it i will let you guys be the decider of what is safest to be putting in your skin...i already expressed my solution to the wonderful problem i have every month...peace
yamaha_1fan said:

Latest posts

Latest posts