What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Matanuska Thunderfuck lineage

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Thanks Malachi. Man its frustrating to think that within a couple hours of me, how many people could probably kick me down a cut of this. But no we can't have pot clubs or farmer's markets that sell cuts. What the fuck is wrong with OR and WA that they can't do the Cali thing already? It just sucks that there isn't an easy way to network with other growers around here.

There is..... just depends on where ya live ......... and where ya look

Cheers

Smiley

Lone Wolf

Veteran
a member here "greyskull" had a nice writeup on his matanuska thunderfuck clone that he paid an outrageous amount of money for... i think like 5 grand he spent or some shit? he made a nice thread about it somewhere... perhaps i can pull it up somewhere? ?

mxpx

here is a couple pics of the clone only mvtf i grew about a year ago. smells like straight spearmint. i think greyskull has the same cut even though it looks diff, ive grown this plant a few times and the appearence changines alot to diff enviroments

treewizard

There is..... just depends on where ya live ......... and where ya look

Cheers

Smiley

I've only been here for a year. So it will just take time. I'm sure if I, well got out once in a while it wouldn't hurt. Still I wish I could hit up the Saturday Market for a MTV cut. One day..

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a member here "greyskull" had a nice writeup on his matanuska thunderfuck clone that he paid an outrageous amount of money for... i think like 5 grand he spent or some shit? he made a nice thread about it somewhere... perhaps i can pull it up somewhere? ?

aloha Lone Wolf. its the same 'me'!!! I'm trying to find where i posted that, too!!!! I paid $1500 for the clone +1 ounce from a patient of mine who had recently (at the time) moved to socal from Washington state. he said he'd had the plant 20+ years and that to acquire it he had to first buy 10lb of it at non discount price.

i updated/added some more old pics to my mtf album that i had laying around....

and heres the coins i was passed with the plant
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

how many people could probably kick me down a cut of this.

this cut was passed to multiple clone vendors in the medical 'community' and had been floating around for at least 2 years now. this was done specifically to encourage its spread beyond my scope (and for security purposes). maybe you'll find a friend with it....

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
no idea what makes this lady up
the guy said it was 'matanuskan thunderfuck'

picture.php

she was my first 'clone'. i paid a pretty lil bit for her but what shes brought to my table and laid foundation for are priceless.

i used to have pics of the palmer dollar i got with the plant but i cant find those... ill have to take out the camera & snap a fresh shot of it.

really good yeild. looking back now (especially since i grow varieties like bubba) she yeilds really well. very bushy once you top it 'space invaders' haha stretches about double its start height. good fun plant. killer creeper stone. be ready to eat hahaha

fucking beautiful bro send her up this way... -=P

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
here is a couple of things..

here is a couple of things..

I was just curious what the history of this strain is. I've heard that it smells like vomit and completely destroyes you. So whats in it? Who did it come from?

Alaska I hear it comes from the indiginous ppl hence the name .. I do know that there is one trick about this plant and that is it likes ash as in volcanic ash lol peace out Headband707:tiphat:

treewizard

Good to know, I wonder if a combination of charcoal and/or wood ash with a silica clay or nettles would be a good call with this strain.

osoloco69

aloha Lone Wolf. its the same 'me'!!! I'm trying to find where i posted that, too!!!! I paid $1500 for the clone +1 ounce from a patient of mine who had recently (at the time) moved to socal from Washington state. he said he'd had the plant 20+ years and that to acquire it he had to first buy 10lb of it at non discount price.

i updated/added some more old pics to my mtf album that i had laying around....

and heres the coins i was passed with the plant
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this cut was passed to multiple clone vendors in the medical 'community' and had been floating around for at least 2 years now. this was done specifically to encourage its spread beyond my scope (and for security purposes). maybe you'll find a friend with it....

Would you please elaborate as to which clone vendors are currently offering the strain? I had this strain for a long time and gave it out to a few people. I have since lost contact with those groups of people(overgrow died) and haven't seen it since. I would really appreciate any help you could give in helping me locate a club/vendor that offers the real MVTF.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew up smoking it in the late 80s early nineties...im sure my folks grew some of it, but back then no one really paid attention to what was what, at least in our community...ive smoked sooo many diff bags that were thunderfuck i cant even count...always liked it, but its an easy, recognizable name for the summer crowd up there to spend thier bucks on...i dont know if anyone could even recognize the 'true' MTF....i like to think its out there, but keep in mind, clones were never really traded much in alaska back in the day, it was mostly seeds so lots of mixing up there...ive said it before, im willing to bet that every cut people have showed on here labeled mtf are probably mtf, but you can see just from pics lots of variety...dont think we will ever know the true story on this cut, so the legend will live on!

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I have smokes a lot of diff incarnations of an MTF/ATF or just "Thunderfuck" as it were. It all the time in the PNW only 1 of those was crystal as snow and knocked my dick in the dirt. So guy named the professor had it and called MTF

That's the main reason I'm growing this out, just in case it's "that one"

Can't think of too many strains that have come close.

The leaves on mine are just different than everything else.

Smiley

@b$+r@c+

The original MVTF from the Kenai Peninsula also has Russian Ruderalis in its lineage, shown in it's short, stalky, almost autoflowering and super stony qualities.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
oh wow, this is a dope lookin strain, rumors are great. wonder if it's in BC, must be if in the pnw

H

hulkbogan

Yeah it is on the island, but like most things the one we got up in BC might be totally different.

BlackBart

Veteran
Original Alsakan Thunderfuck Only grows about three feet max and autoflowers . The one I have was brought back from a friend who was stationed in Alaska in the early seventies .

Attachments

• Alaskan # 1.JPG
    Alaskan # 1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Alaskan # 2.JPG
    Alaskan # 2.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Alaskan auto top.JPG
    Alaskan auto top.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Alaskan.JPG
    Alaskan.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 10

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Well, my mtf is 3 feet tall and has been supercropped and topped the whole way. No auto and not short.

Mine's probably some breeders version.