What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I flower?

I

im me

your welcome man just keep up the good work your plants look great!! definitely keep us updated.welcome to ic.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are certain things you should not skimp on, a tent is one of those. You don't want to deal with light leaks, or with your equipment falling down one day because the plastic broke over time.

Spend some extra bucks on a good quality tent like Secret Jardin.

Purchasing growing equipment is an investment and should be done carefully with research and a plan.

Why do you want a tent? Did you figure the light thing out?

Ooterz

Well yea I am looking at doing a larger setup. Just pricing right now for size and light output carb filters fans and what not. Large Grow Tent 78"x78"x78" Hydroponics Grow Tent 6.5'X6.5'X6.5' 100% Reflective Mylar is what I'm looking at

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I got a 400 MH/HPS switchable with one of each bulb, the ballast, a reflector, and a T5 with bulbs on Craig's list for $150 -- deal on wheels if you price it out. I had the guy show me that it worked before I bought it.

I got some of the panda plastic from a hydro store and put it up in a corner of the room I'm using for a grow room. The idea was to have the cloning and vegging in the same room. Unfortunately I went to 12/12 yesterday and it's nowhere near light proof.

It may be easier to just lightproof the window and door, and the clone/veg station. That would also help a lot with temperature management, and if I took that big sheet of plastic down I could even run the ceiling fan.

Also, the whole room reeks of old nasty sweatsocks, I think that's the Warlock x Blockhead. I hope that means it smokes like a fiend.

Anyway, I have some duct tape and a little more panda plastic to try and get serious lightproof going on tomorrow. Not sure what will happen if they have some leakage the first two days, more likely to herm? Just not flower quite as fast? Guess we'll find out.

:tiphat:
<3 Tesla

I

im me

Also do you guys have any specific brands of lighting you like or trust?

i personally prefer hydrofarm light systems they've always done great for me, never a single problem with their ballasts. as far as bulbs go i use hortilux. always produced great results and they got good life expectancy.

I

im me

Well yea I am looking at doing a larger setup. Just pricing right now for size and light output carb filters fans and what not. Large Grow Tent 78"x78"x78" Hydroponics Grow Tent 6.5'X6.5'X6.5' 100% Reflective Mylar is what I'm looking at

for a tent that size id use at LEAST a 600 watt hps but you'd be much better off with a 1000 watt light but for the 1000 watter you better have good ventilation cause shit will get real hot real quick.the 1000 watt might be overkill but i always overdo shit. but a 1000 watts in that space would produce awesome results just be sure you have good ventilation.

Ooterz

Yea I'm thinking smaller scale now Virtual Sun VS4800-48 Indoor Grow Tent, 48-Inch x 48-Inch x 78-Inch what do you think about that I'm me

I

im me

id go with a 400 or 600 watt hps. and put a few nice bushes in there. and since this is your first grow most important thing for you to remember...DONT TELL ANYONE!!! EVER.

I

im me

she looks great but i can't answer your question till i know what your gonna flower her under. can u give us a pic from the side? if not how tall is she? are u gonna flower her in the totes? she looks really healthy by the way keep up the the good work!!

I

im me

if your going to flower em under cfls do it now! top em and clip off all lower growth cause cfls don't provide enough light penetration for lower growth

I

im me

Can you top them after the go into flower? How late is too late?

Thanks
<3 Tesla
Well you could but I wouldnt , do your topping before flower. If your plants are getting to tall in flower tie em down. Its best to do your topping before flower if you have height restricions top again right before 12/12