What's new

First attempt with Colloidal silver, who is gonna give an hand?

El Tigre

Hi everybody, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this (if not moderators feel free to move/remove the thread), but looks like somebody with experience could read this.
I build my first basic CS generator:
picture.php

The output of the 12V transformer is at 1A.
My first attempt to generate CS was quite a mess.
I had run the generator too long and the water I've used probably was not pure enough (or at least i think).
After couple of hours a weird dark deposit formed on one electrode, I cleaned it.
When i woke up this morning (generator was running 9 hours +/-) i found a dark liquid with a lot of silver suspended, one of the electrodes was reduced to an half!
I let it settle all day and most of the silver suspended is now on the bottom of the jar.
If i leave the liquid alone for more time, do you think that Colloidal silver is usable?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any further help or tip would be really appreciated :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Cool thread, nice writeup. :)

Personally I use STS, and have been itching to work with CS as well. With both, be sure to keep it out of the light! ;)

brickweeder

...When i woke up this morning (generator was running 9 hours +/-)..., one of the electrodes was reduced to an half!

definitely have to use a lower-powered supply. the more silver in solution, the faster it goes, so the last hour will make more CS than the previous hour. Also, when the power to too large, the particles are also large, and I would think that the smaller the particle, the better or easier it is to makes it way into the plant.

El Tigre

Thanks to all guys!

Phenomenal's thread suggested by Blynx is a good information source.
I also found a cool thread from another forum, try to google and you find it: The Definitive Colloidal Silver Tutorial
There are contradictory opinions on the use of air pumps to move the solution. I bought a small one, also because it was a long time that I would like to try to make aerated teas. What do I do? do I use it for CS or better not?

I bought a DC with adjustable voltage,that exit at 600 mA and pure water from pharmacy. I will change electrodes every hour.
Still not sure how long should be the process, but i will try the laser trick.
I will document here my next try soon.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🍆 Special 🍆
i get the parameter settings on my colloid generator:
[FONT=&quot]Electrode voltage : 60V DC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Electrode power: 1 mA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Polarity change: 60 seconds
[/FONT]

M

Mr D

You can only use distilled water and the output can actually be anywhere between 400 mA and 800 mA. 1A is to high.

El Tigre

ATTEMPT n2

ATTEMPT n2

Ok, as told above i'm now making my second try to get some CS.
Water from pharmacy, 9V 600 mA, I switch and clean electrodes every hour.
After few hours huge dark deposit on the electrodes. Is this normal?
I washed the jar with water, then pure water. Maybe i brushed too little and there is some dirt from last attempt?

Not the best pic, but the close up describe what is happening.
picture.php

picture.php

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🍆 Special 🍆
yes that s normal, clean it with a rough sponge, never use chemicals on it
clean the electrodes, than use paper coffe filter to get rid of that from the colloid solution

El Tigre

yes that s normal, clean it with a rough sponge, never use chemicals on it
clean the electrodes, than use paper coffe filter to get rid of that from the colloid solution
Thanks for the support mate! I really appreciate your interest :tiphat:

El Tigre

Right now I'm between the fifth and sixth hour and aiming the laser I see a decent beam. In 2 hours or so I go to bed and I don't want to leave it on overnight. In your opinion, 8 hours could be enough?

Any opinion?

If not enough, i think i can continue tomorrow night without any adverse reaction right?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🍆 Special 🍆
yes can pause it anytime, and change polarity more frequently i would say 5 minutes if you can, or 10
aerating the solution has no effect on the speed of process, only
heating it up 56 Celsius degree maximum
clean electrodes from that dark residue more often