What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treegrowing, Groundgrowing, Microgrowing. Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Autos.

kojak

Hi Bom. Nice grow. Very nice:tiphat:
I can not find to buy a seeds of Finnish strains. Can you tell me, where I can get them? :)

"...Growing for seeds is almost more fun than sensi..."

That's damn right it is!
I always avoided it like a pest (like most people do), but made my own first ventures into seedmaking and straincrossing this year also. It's the best feeling ever - I'm so proud it's almost unbearable, and looking SO much forward to growing them.

Never postet in your thread before, but read it many times.
Very very good and inspiring stuff!!!

rafe

You can grow some real tall plants but you have to cover them well . It is a lot of work because of the winds. Where are you?

norwegian

:yay: :laughing: :greenstars:
! InniRamsalteHælvete ! Hi Bom!
Have been away a long time-saw this
stuff and freaked out man!

This is Pure Awsomeness, I actually never really thought you
would sucseed THAT good!
I mean, pot in trees is crazy enough; but in Norway&snow?!
(Tried myself in my youth.. know how difficult it is…and that was in the spring!)

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
Brave work!

:laughing: :laughing: :jump:

"Two women from Denmark and Finland found alone&naked,covered with earth, in a blue and grey plastic-container on top of a fucking fir tree -
almost freezed to death,but still smelling good,
in a snow-blizzard 30F. cold
Lat. 59 North in Norway -
A witness insists that the frozen ladies tried to hypnotize him..
Impossible, says chief - inspector Brian Blyant Penal.
More on page 3... "

Headline from The New York Times Nov.12 2010

TB Gardens

Veteran
Hey Bom, really great read, and what a beautiful area you live in. must be real nice farming out in those woods on a beautiful day.

G

Guest129216

Thanks guys. I learned so much last year, and I actually thought I did pretty good aswell. It is so good to not having to stress about getting weed.

One important thing I learned was that I was stressing way too much when the minusdegrees and mold started showing up in late september. When it gets so cold the mold pretty much stop to develop further eventhough its humid as hell. The reason for this is that it is also very cold temps. I had theese two Erdpurt plants that I didnt bother harvesting. I thought they were a lost case, so I just let them stay. When I came back in mid november I was amazed that they had grown descent buds and hardly had any mold on them. I was so sick of harvesting and trimming at that point so I gave them to a friend, but I kinda regret it since they turned out so well. Think he got three jars. He laughed all the way to the bank he hehe.

The purple pheno was the best, the other one not so big yield pluss not so good smoke.

Pics are taken about 10th November. He harvested a week later. Theese plants had then been through 20 cm of snow pluss many many nights of minusdegrees.

Green pheno, not so good

PB020338.jpg

Purple pheno. Very good smoke. A little bit over average i think.

PB020336.jpg

You can see the green pheno lying down to the right there.
PB020331.jpg

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I hope that all goes well with you Bom and i´m looking forward to your next grow!
ATB

GrnMtFinn

yo, bom! happy summer. i'm doing a little treegrowing action for now to avoid deer problems with my young plants. i'm wondering if there's some easy DIY waterpump design you know of?

Mr Apricot

Alternative is as mentioned to just shake some dry pollen into a plastic bag (brødpose), transport that pollen to the females in the bag and just either pull the bag over the branch or plant you want pollinated or shake the pollen out of the bag over the female. Make sure the pollen is kept absolutely 100% dry at all times.

The males will release pollen before the females are ready to catch it, it may not be a bad idea to remove the males and let the females develop bud for a week or two before pollination in order to get a bigger harvest. if the males are left in the spot for the duration of the grow, they will continuously release pollen on the new shoots, its possible that a one time only pollination will give a better (more) bean yield then if the plants are allowed to be continuously pollinated through the season because the one time only pollination will likely lead to that more beans are ripe at the same time. However the risk lies in waiting too long with the pollination as the beans needs at least 4 weeks to mature. One must pollinate the females no later then week 3 of flowering, indoor i usually pollinate around day 20-25, outdoor i will probably pollinate around day 15 or so of flowering.. Just before the first trichomes start to show..

i hope my explaining isnt too confusing best of luck

good knowledge, saved

Latest posts

Latest posts