What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew Rx for flowering plants?

BudZad7

:wave: Hi All ! Nice info !! Tried all the mentioned remedies, and decided to try
Maxicrop liquid seaweed concentrate 1 tbs in a gal water, or mix as a foliar spray.....It Is AWSOME!!! builds the plants immune system from within......
use to spray for mold every 2 weeks for a year+then started seaweed and no
problems for over a year+.....knock on wood!!! :woohoo: So try it and see the
Magic!!!! Peace! :wave:

G

H202 is good, I use a shot of milk in the mister full of warm water with a drop of dishwashing detergent. H202 comes out as a backup plan. Anything that will mess up the PH so bad the mold can't take it. The original developer of the Mite Eradicator mix recipe claimed it was tested along the west coast shorlines and worked well on PM too. Never had it bad enough to get tempted to try it on mold tho it works on the borgs...

jorge

I added Scorpion Juice and Barricade to the mix and no problems at all this time. Wondering if the Scorpion Juice really works?

mark6699331

I put a whole bottle of scorpion juice in the rez and it didh't kill the pm. BTW a cheap way to produce your own scorpion juice is to put one crushed aspirin per gallon and a tablespoon of flax seed oil/gallon.

Both of these ingredients produce a systemic acquired resistence.
The plant produces these naturally, but bumping it up couldn't hurt. I read this in a college plant bio-physiology test book.

-M

Hammer

mark6699331 said:
I've heard sulfur burner in veg kills it before it hits flower. don't forget by the time you SEE it its already gone through its life cycle and those are the babies. So just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean its not there infecting plants.

For flower, I've found that dunking the plant for a second or two in dutch master's zone (10ml/gallon) and dutch master's penetrator (accord. to instructed dilution) fries the shit right out of the plant- or disinfects it, I should say. Spray with water the next couple days and no residue I could notice and it was gone for over two weeks. Only thing I've found that WORKS in flower- and my opinion, BTW is that serenade sucks-it actually made it worse. I'd go sulfur in veg, dutch master zone in flower, get a dehumidifier. And dunk every 3-5 days for two weeks to break the 5-7 reproductive lifecycle of p.m. A hepa air filtration system will filter out spores in the air.
I've spent lots of time and $$ contemplating this one.

good luck-
-M

oh also look for pm on plants outside your grow. It loves blackberry bushes. Often it will HIDE outside and then pop inside after you've sprayed. OR vice versa -its a very sneaky complex fungi for sure.

That Serenade really stinks BAD and only help for a day or two. Lame crap.I will have to try the Dutch master zone with penetrator or the hydroguard. Thanks.

Andyo

Veteran
no mold in 25 years of growing under lights

no mold in 25 years of growing under lights

get your ventilation right and have oscillating fans blowing across your plants day and night and you wont get mold of any kind .
in 25 yrs of growing ive never had any boytritis or any other molds.
Outside yes we all get some unless you use a resistant strain .

Hammer

SedatedPeasant said:
just spray ur plants top to bottom with hydrogen peroxide. completely harmless to ur plant. It breaks down the PM to nothing then drys off completely while leaving ur buds and leaves looking lush and green again. U can repeat this process serveral times a week. once the PM is gone u can stop treatment. This method only kills the PM but doesnt prevent it from coming back if the conditions are right. With that said, this was the safest and easiest way to get rid of my PM problem. And i had it bad trust me.

Well I tried the hydrogen peroxide. Will see.

Hammer

Andyo said:
get your ventilation right and have oscillating fans blowing across your plants day and night and you wont get mold of any kind .
in 25 yrs of growing ive never had any boytritis or any other molds.
Outside yes we all get some unless you use a resistant strain .

This is a strange thing. Never ever have I had this PM. Dam stuff is even on some of the out door plants. Even the smallest little spot makes my nuts.As for inside.... Ventilation is great and 4 fans also on 24-7. Fans high and low. Has anyone used Chai the product? Not the yummy tea. Hay.... yummy chai tea...it has milk in it. Humm. That milk never worked for other people I know. Oh well....some thing will work. Thanks for the information all.

mark6699331

Dudes and Dudeettes, I'm telling you. The dutch master zone at 10ml/gallon and penetrater at reccomended strength (for dipping one bottle of penetrater makes 3 gallons dip water). The penetraters a little pricey but the zone will last you forever.

I've actually eraticated the PM 100%. A feat i never thought possible. It is no longer systemically in my cuts. I did the above mentioned treatment every five days for like a month. ALL GONE!

For smaller gardens you could hand spray and save $$ on the penetrater, but make sure all keaf surfaces are sprayed.

-M

Hammer

Thanks M, I will try this and get back to you. Dutch Master Zone here we go.

mark6699331 said:
Dudes and Dudeettes, I'm telling you. The dutch master zone at 10ml/gallon and penetrater at reccomended strength (for dipping one bottle of penetrater makes 3 gallons dip water). The penetraters a little pricey but the zone will last you forever.

I've actually eraticated the PM 100%. A feat i never thought possible. It is no longer systemically in my cuts. I did the above mentioned treatment every five days for like a month. ALL GONE!

For smaller gardens you could hand spray and save $$ on the penetrater, but make sure all keaf surfaces are sprayed.

-M

Hammer

Dutch master ZONE is it. Finally a product that works. Thanks for the great tip mark6699331. Great information.

mark6699331 said:

-M
:jump: :jump: :jump:

jorge

Hydrogen Peroxide never worked well for me. I would clean most of the PM off but it would grow right back very quickly. I didn't try milk. I read that does well. I had to use a Sulpher burner till week 5.
This time I used the Scorpion Juice as a foliar. 5ml each Scorpion, Emerald Shamen, and Colassial Bud Blast. No PM. Sprayed all through veg, every 2-3 days. No PM problems. I'm curious to try the flax seed oil/aspirin mix.

Hammer

Yah, the hydrogen Peroxide didn't work for me too. But they did like it. Positive response. Milk does not work. As Mark posted....The dutch Master ZONE is the mega super bomb that really works. The ZONE is so killer mon. I can't say enough good words to say how great this stuff is. I am now in the ZONE. Thank you MARK.

jorge said:
Hydrogen Peroxide never worked well for me. I would clean most of the PM off but it would grow right back very quickly. I didn't try milk. I read that does well. I had to use a Sulpher burner till week 5.
This time I used the Scorpion Juice as a foliar. 5ml each Scorpion, Emerald Shamen, and Colassial Bud Blast. No PM. Sprayed all through veg, every 2-3 days. No PM problems. I'm curious to try the flax seed oil/aspirin mix.
:jump:

jorge

I'm either using plants with resistence or my foliar mix is working too. I usee Colasial Bud Blast 5ml, Scorpion Juice 5ml, and Emerald Shamen 2 drops per liter all through veg. I have no PM at all. One of my mom's got it again. Some strains definately seem more susceptible.
Is the Zone effective as a foliar? I can't dip mine. Is Penetrator similar to Wet Betty or organic soap? I've been using Dr. Bronner's Baby soap to help with my foliar sprays.
http://www.drbronner.com/drb_sai_liquids.html

Ed Borg

Greetings, Within the past 2 years here in Holland an epidemic od powdery mildew from the Rose industry afflicted the Cannabis species as well. We have found successful results with a sulpher burner. Allow the smoking sulpher to permeate the flowering room and when the lights are turned off. You can do this every few days to until harvest.

Hammer

The Zone

The Zone

jorge said:
I'm either using plants with resistence or my foliar mix is working too. I usee Colasial Bud Blast 5ml, Scorpion Juice 5ml, and Emerald Shamen 2 drops per liter all through veg. I have no PM at all. One of my mom's got it again. Some strains definately seem more susceptible.
Is the Zone effective as a foliar? I can't dip mine. Is Penetrator similar to Wet Betty or organic soap? I've been using Dr. Bronner's Baby soap to help with my foliar sprays.
http://www.drbronner.com/drb_sai_liquids.html

Hay jorge,
The Zone is it. Use it as a foliage spray with penetrator. Works great.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I am growing outdoors.

Am I reading correctly that neem oil is not to be used in the last half of flowering? I'm growing outdoors and have been under the impression that neem can be used to prevent mold and bugs up until about the final week before harvest. Also, I am under the impression that a little neem oil in your water helps prevent bugs and things from getting to your plant soil- I grow in pots outdoors.

Thanks.

G

wow, don't sulphurize with real buds ripening...

wow, don't sulphurize with real buds ripening...

Jeeezzz, H Resin says You can use it til harvest??? There goes Amsterdam again...wow, it will make your flowers taste different and cause the hairs to dry up and wither. I wouldn't use it after week two of flowering, just my two cents, but i'm in the moist redwoods and pm is a reality....but the sulpher does work better than spraying, why??? It hits every surface in the room, be it the corners of the room or walls or ceiling. When you spray, you'll miss some of the precious PM spores in your room and in due time you'll be spraying again and again and again to stop your pm...just give it time, it comes back.
With the sulphur vape you actually will kill all the spores and plants need sulphur too...lol

Latest posts

Latest posts