What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what's the best way to have sex?

CatManDoo

Just wondering what is the best way to determine sex on regular seeds? I'm interested in maybe keeping a male or keeping clones for future seeding but am really interested first in determining if I like the female flowers first. Does forcing flower on seedlings at a young age, then back to veg increase the chances of hermie seeds later? Should I grow them all out full , then take out the males after they show balls? I do not want to contaminate the flower room with pre-sex lovi-ness and ruin my other girls' reputation with the community. Thanks:huggg:

ydijadoit

I wish I had an answer for you. I freely admit to clicking on the thread, based on the title alone. Pervin', I guess :)
Regards

supermanlives

Veteran
take clones at first topping or about 4or 5 nodes. continue to veg parents, flower out small clones. simple. flowering an then reverting a plant is best as a last ditch effort . it stresses the plant a bit an wastes time really.

norcal_sourD

Doggy style. In the dark with some one else's mama.

Oh I guess I should have read his actual question first..my bad dude. Take some cuts, separate them, mark which plants they came from, and flip em. (throw em on 12/12) Done deal. If you wait till male balls show, you are risking seeding your whole stable o hoe's. Jus muh 2 cents

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Hit er from behind with a dab rig in hand and nachos on her lower back. Ya munchies and errl during sex are a must.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Doggy, on shrooms, up a tree........

You can grow seeds on 12/12 from the start or very early. Just take and label clones from them ASAP so you don't have to rely on re-veg.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Doggy style. In the dark with some one else's mama.

Oh I guess I should have read his actual question first..my bad dude. Take some cuts, separate them, mark which plants they came from, and flip em. (throw em on 12/12) Done deal. If you wait till male balls show, you are risking seeding your whole stable o hoe's. Jus muh 2 cents

Are you perhaps Dirty Sanchez?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Most plants will show pre-flowers after 4 -5 weeks of veg time.
Just grow out a bunch in 1gln pots, veg them for 5 weeks and then t/p them into bigger pots once they show sex.
Topping multiple times from the 5th node on, will help keep them short and bushy, while quickening them to show pre-flowers.
A plant will show sex all on its own without any magic tricks.
This whole taking a clone, rooting it while in 12/12 to show sex is a waste of time. By the time you do all that, the seedling will have been in veg for 5 weeks already, and will show sex before that cutting will.