What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica grow outdoors, 44* N

konopenko

Veteran
She is lovely yoss! She will surely become serious monster towards october..yes I blame your černozjom soil, may or maybe june sun :biggrin:and crazy Ace genetics. Regards bro y privet!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I think we are still in May and in June Z#4 will be having a much better start ;)
It's about 90 cm tall now. :)

Almost a meter in... May! :laughing: Do you remember how big your Haze was at this time?

Looks like an excellent start.

Can't wait for the next update.

yoss33

Veteran
I started the Haze on the same date - 10th of March, it popped out of the ground on the 15th (2 days later than Z#4) but got transplanted from a cup to a pot a week earlier and transplanted outdoors a week earlier. Looking at my archive of photos, the Haze looks about a week ahead in size, but this is mainly because of its earlier transplant into a pot. So I'd say they are about the same in vigour.
Z#1-Z#3 were more vigorous than Z#4, so in general Zamaldelica's vigour looks good, though I expect it to show what it's capable of later on when the branching increases.

yoss33

Veteran
The weekly update:

Z#4's top part of the stem is sticky when it's hot and smells of the kind of pink bubblegum we used to have here in my childhood. The last 2 days it's colder (20-25*C vs 30*C the days before) and the stem is not sticky.
picture.php

Maybe this is the early phase of what Dubi describes as "crazy" braching? Or just a happy sativa burstling with growth...
picture.php

View of a branch's top:
picture.php

And Z#2 which thinks it's a bamboo tree, it's taller than Z#4:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran

Greetings,

It's official. I'm in love with the look of this plant. The color, the growth habit, the reputation... I hope it turns out as good as it looks. Nice work Yoss33, and Dubi!

I had a plant once that had a bubble gum smell during growth. It went away as it matured. It was called Goo, and it supposedly had Hawaiian in it. It is an old school Northern California coastal strain that was bred to mature early enough for the borderline marine/Mediterranean climate of about 40 degree north, just inland from the coast, around Humboldt . It was very good, but a bit paranoia inducing. Hmm... maybe some more similarities to Zamaldelica here. Goo is yet another strain that I would love to have back. I am pursuing this one as a friend of a friend has it.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

yoss33

Veteran
I like Z#4 too, though I like all plants that I grow like children :)
Z#4 is great and is taking off, bigger and bigger changes on my visits every 3-4 days. On my last visit I saw several small bugs like the one below, they have chewed on quite a few of the bigger leaves, nothing scary but anyways I slightly sprayed the plant with a solution I applied more thoroughly to my tomatoes against fungi and aphids - copper sulfate, lime and pyrethroid. I don't know if the plant can absorb and make any use of the copper and lime :)
picture.php

picture.php

gh0stm0de

I too have been bitten by the ZD lovebug. 2/3 of my phenos resembled your z4. they ate N thru most of flower as they just shot up and up. got taller than my fence whoops! thanks for being cool neighbors.. my experience with these phenos was much more fruity and soaring sativa - could smoke it before my coffee and not even want coffee anymore lol!!

my more columnar pheno which resembled your #2 had denser buds, more woodsy scent, and slight paranoia when overindulged. okay by that I mean more than a few snaps and its guaranteed I'd be trippin out... hence I named it paranoid pheno, lol.. this pheno went 2 weeks less than others for me

hey man good luck those ZDs should kill it for ya

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for sharing and the wishes, ghostmode!

Here's the weekly update:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And Z#2 which is finally bringing out some branches towards the top:
picture.php

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Been following your thread. I love the vigor in this strain. Watching to see if it would be doable at 43N. Dont want to get real personal but would you tell us what latitude you are at? It would help me decide on if I will run it outdoors or not next year. Thanks for the update! In love with the leaf structure.

EDIT: I see! First page first post. 44N. Thanks for sharing.

yoss33

Veteran
Hehe, alright, alright, here's the weekly dose of photos.

We had cloudy weather most of the time this past week, so not much progress. By the way, we are having an untypically cloudy weather this June and this will continue at least another 10 days according to the forecasts. We don't receive the rains that are drowning central Europe, only occasional short bursts of rain with lots of thunder.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And Z#2:
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Today I payed a visit to my friend's balcony where Z#1, Z#5 and Z#6 grow and was pleasantly surprised. The plants have been topped and have nice bushy structure.

Z#1 is the most interesting one as it is starting to auto-flower and has truly DENSE compact structure, the main stem is completely obscured by leaves, the other stems are soon to follow. It's already fuming the balcony with a hashy smell. My friend is very excited about the plant already beginning to flower as it is already big enough and because this means an early harvest and no waiting till October :) However we don't have experience with this kind of auto-flowering and were wondering whether the plant will go into full flowering in the middle of summer or will continue in a mix of vegging and flowering until autumn comes. Anybody knows?

Here are a few photos of Z#1:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

yoss33

Veteran
And here are Z#5 and Z#6. They are both lighter in color and stretchier than Z#1. No auto-flowering, but pre-flowering everywhere (on evey node) like all Zamaldelicas seem to be.

Z#5 & Z#6:
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice plants.

Seems a bit early to start flowering.
All the shade and cloud you been receiving maybe triggering them.
Keep them in the direct sun as much as possible.
Next time take some close up shots of the bud sites.They maybe just heavy preflowers.

They look nice though.
Good luck.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Looking great, yeah they show pre flowers prolifically.

Very nice plants and structure on all, thanks for sharing.

yoss33

Veteran
I doubt it is flowering because of the cloudy weather. It is June, the day is more than 15 hours long (17 hours with the twilight), some of the days the direct sun light might not be more than 5 hours, but it's not dark during the rest of the day - the clouds are white most of the time.
I took only 1 close-up photo of a Z#1 top, but it's blurry, so there will be more photos next time I pay a visit to this friend, maybe after 2 weeks. I guess till then it'll become clear if the plant is going to flower or is just pre-flowering.

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Yoss33,

Glad to see all the Zamaldelicas are looking healthy. Seeing pics of the others, it reinforces my view that Z4 is a gem. The others look very much like the Golden Tiger side, and the Z4 looks like the Zamal influence. I hope you make some seeds, just in case.

I have never grown the Zamal, but I have heard that it is very sensitive to root restriction, and the early flowering is probably due to the plants having filled the pots with roots and are running out of space.

Actually, I have seen this with one of the Golden Tigers that I grew. It was under a 24 hours of light, and no dark cycle. I was keeping a cutting of it to preserve it in case the mother was special. When it started to flower, I made seeds from it. It never did grow filled out buds like the mother in the flowering cabinet, but it was in a tiny pot and I had been constantly cutting it back until it started flowering.

If you wanted to push the remaining plants to flower later in the year, I would transplant to a bigger pot.

Whatever you and your friends decide, it will be a very interesting experiment to watch. Thanks for documenting it here.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

P.S. I take back the comment on the Z4 looking like Zamal. Just did some more research and found Zamals that look nothing like Z4. Apparently, I just pulled that out of my a... the air. I still like Z4!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings yoss,

ThaiBliss is right, zamal genetics tend to auto flower with root restriction.

The zamal mum is semi auto flowering under certain conditions, so there are also semi auto flowering expressions in Zamaldelica, the most zamal influenced phenos flower earlier and branch massively like your Z1.

Thanks for the updates!

konopenko

Veteran
Privet yoss bro, they are nicely constructed :).. I remember you stated that there is wild hemp growing there. Do you think is posible to pollinate those preflowers on zamals..maybe dubi wll help with that..regards and stay safe!

yoss33

Veteran
Hi all,

Konopenko, hemp will surely pollinate the pre-flowers but here hemp flowers in August (from the first days to the last days of the month). I hope Z#4 starts flowering in the first days of September in order to avoid the late-August pollination.

Here's the weekly update, only of Z#4, as Z#2 is not very visible on the photos I tried to take.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php