What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free advertising for KUSH growers....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Ive noticed this for a while but lately every damn song is about kush. every single person in the hip hop industry is talking about kush. kush this kush that. none of these fucks probably really know what it is. whenever these guys rap about kush i really wonder exactly what kush they are smoking on? some chem4 relabeled kush? some random dense hardball purple that some dealer just put the kush tag on? shit not a few weeks ago i renamed a blue dream to blueberry kush and shit sold out quick locally kids were raving......what the fuck! if it was blue dream would they have complained?? i know a guy who grows plain old bubba kush that gets renamed "kushington" in the clubs......not joking...regular chemdawg crosses get renamed "diamond kush" too

So im listening to XM radio, toca tuesdays smoke out mix. They take calls from around the country, and i shit you not almost every single caller is on some kush shit. "hey im in chicago im smoking purple kush".."hey im in south carolina im smoking bubblegum kush"......"hey im in BC smoking BC BUD KUSH" ....i called in and said i was smoking cherry pie and they cut me off..ITS GOT KUSH IN IT FUCKERS.

finally one person calls in and is smoking some alaskan thunderfuck. if there was a kush on the end of that i would have died laughing.....

but i really cant hate on the hip hop industry. i look at songs from Wiz Khalifa and Snoop as free advertising....more people smoking weed and going against the government. props to all those in non med states who do their thing. and the only thing that is still fetching non lowball prices is OG kush. every other strains, even purps, is getting lowball prices in my area, more than 1k cheaper per lb compared to before. the only thing fetching 3k+ in my area is the OG or its varieties...

speaking of that...im smoking some kind of old school kush from an old grower. some kind of afghani hindu cross that looks nothing like the typical pre-98 OG kush...but when you smoke it you can taste a hint of that lemon pledge goodness that everyone jocks..

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
To me,and mind you I do not count,it is just a way to make a sale.If you put it in a video "they will watch"who they are I do not know.I equate it to Disney Pushing Hanna Montana till we all want to go deaf.You have the real deal,I wish we could smoke one.Just my opinion Brother:)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haha and now "dro" is used to describe mid grades in some areas now....will there be a day when kush is used to describe regular mid grades..haha

whats the next trend....everyone will always love weed but those who can predict the next craze will be rich.

so it was chronic, then purps, the kush, whats next?

i think blueberry will make a comeback....blue piff? blue kush? I know BOG and SOL are releasing some really nice blueberry strains that are slept on IMO...the dried pics from 40amps and others are amazing...i just let the secret out fuck. there some "blue knight" from northern cali that i circulated around the place and so far people are loving it...its blueberry x GDP..

as i type this the new "kush" song is playing on shade45...inhale...exhale...inhale....exhale.....its got akon in it some other random people.

HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE LET ME PUT SOME KUSH UP IN IT.....

i mean the lemony goodness is so good....i have girl scout cookie (Cherry pie X Fire OG) and i have some nice SFV OG as well...gonna have to pack a nice bowl. save the sour and skunk for the blunt...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
fuck regular radio, i only listen to sirus/xm radio, what you smokin on?

vaped

I love kushes I am guilty but in talking paki and affie kushes the real deal stuff not just blaa blaa renamed kush after the craze hit. I like the sour bubble bubba kush types the best. My alltime fav kush is actually a kush hybrid its Detroit purple kush x northern lights.

T

TurboDog

Im gonna make the dankest, most ill fucking strain. one hit and your balls will curl up into your stomach. Im gonna call it DICK. just to piss people off. Id love to hear a rapper put in his song hes smokin on some dick LMAO...... or some kid telling his buddies he just got some dick, "you gotta hit this dick, shit taste amazing" shit Im stoned....pretty gay tho, sorry guys.... one more, "thats the fatest dick nug Ive ever seen"

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea KB xm is the only way to roll..have it on my computer and in my cars....shade45 and backspin forever son....its like having your own personal DJs...ive been on air twice already, one time was talking shit about nikki minaj, then tonight i was the guy on the smokeout mix who said he was smoking cherry pie in oaksterdam...they cut me off though i had some hash and heinekin too!

Im gonna make the dankest, most ill fucking strain. one hit and your balls will curl up into your stomach. Im gonna call it DICK. just to piss people off. Id love to hear a rapper put in his song hes smokin on some dick LMAO...... or some kid telling his buddies he just got some dick, "you gotta hit this dick" shit Im stoned....pretty gay tho, sorry guys.... one more, "thats the fatest dick nug Ive ever seen"

haha the thing is whenever my friends get some weird strains with non bag appeal names we switch them up....no one wants to smoke "hogs breath" but they will smoke some Headband Kush lol...if i got some shit called "dick" im renaming it Durban Diesel hahaha...

T

TurboDog

lol

yea KB xm is the only way to roll..have it on my computer and in my cars....shade45 and backspin forever son....its like having your own personal DJs...ive been on air twice already, one time was talking shit about nikki minaj, then tonight i was the guy on the smokeout mix who said he was smoking cherry pie in oaksterdam...they cut me off though i had some hash and heinekin too!

haha the thing is whenever my friends get some weird strains with non bag appeal names we switch them up....no one wants to smoke "hogs breath" but they will smoke some Headband Kush lol...if i got some shit called "dick" im renaming it Durban Diesel hahaha...

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
hope all you serious xm listeners listen to the ELLIS show , been a long time listener!! always great as specially with a celebrity guest, ralphy may was on this week sooo funny man , talked about how when he was forced to babysit the whole weekend his 3 and 18month old where getting on his nerves so he was calling them N bombs,lol

"Hold up wait a minute let me put some KUSH up in it!!!"

thank you dr dre , pretty sure Kush has gone up just from the single , amagine when the album drops, lol

RED DRAGONS !!! Teemu

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haha and now "dro" is used to describe mid grades in some areas now....will there be a day when kush is used to describe regular mid grades..haha

whats the next trend....everyone will always love weed but those who can predict the next craze will be rich.

ya there was a skunk fad, a white fad, a haze fad, a purple fad. It goes back much farther too; back in the 60's there was a panama red, purple haze, and Maui wowie fad. I bet there was fad of strains since the first ancient breeders. this craft is 5000 years old plus.

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
Hell yeah switching it up keeping things moving even though everything's kinda the same, haha Orange Kush was a while ago, I used to mistakenly refer to it as Orange Crush and I still think they should of breeded it with some soda pop genetics and stemmed some new variety. Sharksbreath should be in more songs it's just not as catchy tho.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ya there was a skunk fad, a white fad, a haze fad, a purple fad. It goes back much farther too; back in the 60's there was a panama red, purple haze, and Maui wowie fad. I bet there was fad of strains since the first ancient breeders. this craft is 5000 years old plus.

interesting mang....i think i remember the skunk fad wasnt that around early 2000?

thats why im thinking blue is next....anything with good true blueberry genetics and taste..hope my OGxBS2.2 beans come out nice..and popped some Blubonic too. "smokin on some Blubonic chronic with my ginntonic!" see it already rhymes real nice hah..

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
fuck regular radio, i only listen to sirus/xm radio, what you smokin on?

...and even those are going to shit. I swear all i ever hear on the hip-hop channels is some straight homo shit courtesy of yelawolf or kanye west or drake or some other straight fucking garbage ass hip-pop. and eminem....man i used to respect this dood. ive seen him spit some of the foulest freestyles ever. heard that cat spit free for like 20 fucking minutes straight. now all i hear is these fucking fairy ass collab projects with people like nicki minaj or rhiafia or B.o.B. or some other completly underserving artist. em needs to go back and do another project with d12.

also - yeah i guarantee most them cats aint smoking kush. you never hear people say i got that sfv og... or that tahoe kush ... its all some bullshit they bought from some dood whos realized that if he slaps a kush name on it will sell easier. thats why you get all these clowns from the midwest using that word kush like dro, or dank, or chronic. kush to them isnt a strain. its just a word for good weed. fucking comedy.... i forget how good we got it in CA.

....no one wants to smoke "hogs breath" but they will smoke some Headband Kush lol

PS: dont be dissing hogsbreath.... BhT's Hogsbreath::::

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
...and even those are going to shit. I swear all i ever hear on the hip-hop channels is some straight homo shit courtesy of yelawolf or kanye west or drake or some other straight fucking garbage ass hip-pop. and eminem....man i used to respect this dood. ive seen him spit some of the foulest freestyles ever. heard that cat spit free for like 20 fucking minutes straight. now all i hear is these fucking fairy ass collab projects with people like nicki minaj or rhiafia or B.o.B. or some other completly underserving artist. em needs to go back and do another project with d12.

also - yeah i guarantee most them cats aint smoking kush. you never hear people say i got that sfv og... or that tahoe kush ... its all some bullshit they bought from some dood whos realized that if he slaps a kush name on it will sell easier. thats why you get all these clowns from the midwest using that word kush like dro, or dank, or chronic. kush to them isnt a strain. its just a word for good weed. fucking comedy.... i forget how good we got it in CA.

PS: dont be dissing hogsbreath.... BhT's Hogsbreath::::

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

haha i know about the hogs breath..my boy grew some pretty decent outdoor HB...but my boy had to switch the name up because your average smoker has no idea what hogs breath is and if its headband it sells easier.

and yea i agree about XM falling off a little bit.....ENOUGH of the nikki minaj...i called into shade 45 last week complaining about how they always play nikki but they cut off my call. NM is straight garbage...no one listens to her except little girls. its pathetic that they are polluting the airwaves with her crap...drake too. just a bunch of fake commercial artists exploiting the dumbest generation of all time (everyone 15-18 right now)....

backspin 65 is still a good channel...and shade45 is good if its got the right DJ on there...but yeah if its angelas lip service or g-unit radio its usually a bunch of crap. tony touch usually has some good mixes though toca tuesdays are my favorite...he had freeway, talib, tech9 on last week shit was dope.

jd4083

Veteran
I think at this point "kush" has joined the ranks of "headies" and "chronic" as a euphemism for any kind of good herb...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

spot on calling the bullshit on xm.....

i mostly listen to hiphopnation and shady only when rude jude is on there.....

my sirus player lets me record a hour of music. so when i get in to the car, i can fast forward through all the bullshit music.....

that hogsbreah....man!

N

Nick Sand

All you need to do is make a magzine or website that hypes the strains that you and your buddies are growing and selling and portray them as the greatest herb on the planet being sure to note that you are special if you actually have them. High Times has been doing it for years. Think about it, duh.

Latest posts

Latest posts