What's new

Band of Brothers - Pacific

greenhead

Veteran
The first Band of Brothers = one of the best series ever!

Band of Brothers Pacific is only a few weeks away. I don't watch that much tv, but damn, that is one series that I am definitely going to watch, I've been waiting a long time for it. Anybody other Band of Brothers fans on here?

the_pacific.png

:tiphat:

RandyMarsh

I own the original and have re-watched it a couple times. Really great series, I'm not huge on war flicks but you cant not like Band of Brothers. I actually had no idea there was another one, thanks for the head up. I'll be watching this for sure.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Hey Peter, whaaaats Happening??
bill-lumbergh-and-peter-gibbons.jpg

lol i couldnt get over the fact 'Peter Gibbons' was a major role in this series

but yeah i borrowed the box set from my brother - simply amazing.
Are you saying they're making more?

greenhead

Veteran
Are you saying they're making more?

Yeah, they've been filming since 2007, so a lot of people have waiting on this one for a while.

As anybody who has seen the original Band of Brothers knows, that one takes place in the European theater, and Band of Brothers Pacific obviously takes place in the Pacific theater.

It's going to be 10 episodes, just like the original one was.

March 14 on HBO. I'm glad that I have HBO HD.

:tiphat::wave:

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Great series, terrific reality, I've been watching it again on HBO for the umpteenth time, can't wait for the next one I'll DVR it. I used to ride in a VA transportation van for a 3 hr trip one way and there usually were WWII vets on the ride , hear some amazing tales. Those guys are all heros!:tiphat:

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
nice! was it only 10 eps? man if so it was put together very well, much detail cuz i remember watching it for quite awhile.
new troops? new war? i swear i had dreams of battling in the fields with E company

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Great series, terrific reality, I've been watching it again on HBO for the umpteenth time, can't wait for the next one I'll DVR it. I used to ride in a VA transportation van for a 3 hr trip one way and there usually were WWII vets on the ride , hear some amazing tales. Those guys are all heros!:tiphat:

no doubt, one of the best part of this series was hearing from the old timers who actually sat in the fox holes fighting fisticuffs with heavy artillery

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
apparently i must spread the karma before i give it back to you..
but seriously im glad you brought this to my attention, im gonna download the series soon as available and buy the box set for my little bro - who just recently graduated Navy boot camp

TexasToker

At least Tom Hanks is still with it, even if he just producing. I can't wait. Well I will, because I want to box set of it, then surely there will be a BoB and BoB-P set.

I believe the name is just "The Pacific"

rambone

in the end of the first band of brothers Capt Winters gets transferred to the Pacific so I'm guessing he will be in the new one

Hephaestus

Can't wait... Just wish I didn't have to make the choice of HBO canada or downloading it... I'm not paying that much for HBO canada... Don't want to wait a year for a DVD copy... So guess demonoid will be getting searched as it airs... :joint: