What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace rig: Mauritius x Ethiopian (4x)

Podenco

L.S.,

I moved house to Spain but with my current landlord I can't grow outside. I ran out of material to smoke so I needed to do an indoor run in my small set up documented in earlier posts. It had to be a potency run too, in the sense that I need fast flowering high potency strains, no playing with low potency plants that flower for 20 weeks. But I did/do want to play, so I went for home made seeds of the crosses of earlier plants also shown in this topic.

Dutch Passion Power Plant x Cannabiogen Durban. This is a potent fast flowering cross, with relatively narrow leaves. I have 2 types, the F1 and the F1 times itself (F2) from an earlier grow. The F1 look more like Durban than the F2, that look like PP. In the pic the F1 are alternating on the left, the F2 on the right.

Power Plant has been reliable for me since 1997. Under HPS in a student dorm, under CMH/Led with extra UV, outdoors, it has always yielded smokable material.

full

I really loved Mauritius x Ethiopia, see the first pages of this topic. Luckily I had males of that back then, who crossed with my female Power plant. The last really increased potency and decreased flowering time in the cross. Plant(s) look different from the PP x Durban, more lanky and tropical. Originally I had 3 females but 2 gave male flowers as well, I only kept the one that didn't and crossed her with a brother of hers, a true male. Only pollinated a lower branch, just a few seeds for the collection.

full

It is nicely resinous. Early samples show good potency.

full

Grow was 2-3 weeks of veg, 8-9 weeks of flowering. Christmas 2023 to April 2024, finished nicely in time before it gets hot here.

Last edited: