What's new

sativa in thorny thickets (49 N, out 2020), search purple malawi and test malawi cros

rindindoo

Greetings to the community!
So I found a reason to invite you to my outdoor garden located on the southern slope, in the thorny thickets.

while we make our way along the hare paths I will tell you the prehistory.

in 2018 germinated 6 seeds of Malawi ACE, of which 5 women and one man grew.
one girl was rejected due to very fluid buds.
here are their photos:

Malawi #3

Malawi #4

Malawi #5

Malawi #1 - photo not saved

to be continued....

rindindoo

I saved the man of Malawi
here is his clone

and he already pollinated all 4 women of Malawi and also for Atomical Haze & Durga Mata (paradise seeds).

here is a purple mom with her kids

rindindoo

and so, got a lot of seeds. I was interested to find a colored mother and father from the seeds of purple malawi. I don’t understand the laws of selection, but I read somewhere that the purple color in Malawi is a recessive gene. Does this mean that in the next generation this character may not appear or appear in a smaller number of populations?
I would like to try to fix this symptom and how to do it I will study here on the icmag pages.
To save money, I decided to conduct vegetation and selection in the open air. I will select and clone the plants I like so that the flowering can be carried out already in closed ground.

The place of cultivation is an abandoned orchard on the southern slope, which is overgrown with impassable thorny thickets where I cut down my ganja garden.

planted a test batch of seeds on April 9. for comparison, planted a little Malawi # 3.

the trial batch sprouted on April 16th. the nights are cold, the temperature drops to -5 and it is visible on the plants, they are all with a purple color.

rindindoo

last year, 1 woman and 5 men grew out of 6 seeds of Oldtimers Haze. 2 clones of Malawi and 2 Durga Mata lived near OT Haze, they received Haze pollen and gave a decent handful of seeds.
May 9th sprouted 17 of 20 Malawi # 1 X Oldtimer`s Haze

today planted 15 seeds Atomical Haze X Malawi

garden map

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the guerrilla grows! If I understand, you are going to veg outside/clone and flower the clones inside a building or greenhouse.? Must be how it is, to finish such sativas.

No idea of colors and recessive and such. I found that ignoring colors/looks was the best way to get the high I wanted. Often the less impressive looking phenos have given the more quality effects.

rindindoo

Hi!
yesum
will bloom under 600 HPS.
with regard to color and psychoactivity, everything is fine with me in purple Malawi. she is distinguished by her calmness from her killer sisters, but this is a sativa that gave me a relaxing height after the afternoon, and did not immobilize as indices and hybrids do. if I wanted to find the maximum height, I would choose Malawi # 5 & 3 from the phenotypes. Using the example of purple Malawi, I want to begin to learn the basics of selection, of course, on an amateur level. I live in a country where it is not legal.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rindindoo :)

i still remember the beautiful pure Oldtimer's Haze you grew indoors!
Glad to see you have been busy lately growing Malawi indoors, beautiful results :yes:
It's not difficult to find colorful plants from purple Malawi, even when crossed with a green Malawi male.

Don't want to be pessimistic, but i don't think Oldtimer's Haze crosses are a good choice for outdoor growing at your latitude.
Offspring coming from purple Malawi will have better chances to finish there.
To play safe, i would also recommend you to plant very early flowering or autoflowering strains.

rindindoo

Hi Dubi!
I am also impressed by Oldtimers Haze, both from cultivation and from psychoactive properties. as comrades correctly noted, this is a medicinal herb, every morning I start with this smoke. when I do not have enough strength and energy I make a blend of Malawi & OTH.
as for the ripening of OTH crosses, I'm not so optimistic that I can count on it :) in my region work are autoflowers and some fast strains. The main goal of this experiment is to see what plants grow from these seeds, remove clones from promising mothers and grow them in closed ground and save on electricity costs. and of course I believe that plants, as living things, collect information about the environment where they grew, so clones taken from mothers born in the open air will transmit information to their seeds.
Thanks for the informative support.

rindindoo

Malawi #4 purple feno

Malawi #4 purple feno

Malawi #4 purple feno

purple Malawi features a wide leaf

about 70-80 pcs. completely young, who were planted by the second wave.
most plants have a broad leaf shape.

rindindoo

porple Malawi 74 days 12\12

porple Malawi 74 days 12\12

this is the first colored plant that I grew, I am fascinated by the grace of this purple lady, I hope these photos will give you aesthetic pleasure.
she grew in the shade of 600 HPS, and over the past 14 days it has blossomed under 250 HPS 10\14.
74 days 12\12

84 days -harvest

Safe Gardener

Looks great man! I have a wide(ish) leaf Malawi Male growing with a nice looking Female Panama and two more female crosses I've been working with. I was hoping for a Malawi female but got two males and decided to use the wide (ish) leaf for my pollen chuck. Also have a Malawi thin leaf male that I'm thinking of flowering just to save the pollen from.

Good luck with your projects. I'll be keeping track, looks great so far!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rindindoo,

The mix of Haze and Malawi flowers indeed produces a lovely smoke :yummy:
Hopefully some of the offspring you have produced by crossing our sativas with shorter flowering strains will finish on time at your latitude. The purple Malawi is a beauty! ;)

rindindoo

hybrids of Oldtimer`s Haze & Malawi

hybrids of Oldtimer`s Haze & Malawi

Greetings! Unfortunately
all plants suffered from drought. our region is poor in rain, and the place is a high hill, where there is no groundwater nearby, and since it is a wild, partisan garden, artificial irrigation is impossible. it was a great joy for me to see healthy plants from my seeds and I found a high% purple Malawi.
next year I will look for a place near the river for watering. for this place I found from the ACE range of Moroccan Beldia Kif. 1 is a semi-autoflowering plant, which is necessary for full maturation at my latitude. as well as the autoflowering Malawi & Zamaldelica. but these are just rainbow dreams :)
in order not to multiply the topics, I will continue in this thread to share with you photos of plants created from the genetics of ACE seeds.
I did some trial crosses out of curiosity, with no purpose. I had two mother plants, Atomical Haze and Durga Mata (Paradise Seeds), which were pollinated by OT Haze and Malawi males.
and this is what came of it...

Atomical Haze x OT Haze

Durga Mata x OT Haze

rindindoo

waited until they decided on the floor, cut off the clones and planted them ~ 5-6 liters 50/50 coconut and humus and under 400 watts HPS.

Atomical Haze x OT Haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rindindoo

Atomical Haze x Malawi

Atomical Haze x Malawi

Atomical Haze x Malawi - 27 days 12\12

this lady has a very intense aroma of strawberry lawn, ripe plum, with vanilla cream. None of the parents had similar fragrances.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to see you back posting rindindoo :)

Beldia is a great choice for outdoor gardens where lack of proper irrigation is a problem.
Our 2 autoflowering strains have provided very good results even to growers in very northern latitudes.
A pleasure to see your own new crosses! ;)

rindindoo

Hi Dubi and thanks for visiting my garden! Your autoflowering strains are first on my list for outdoor use. after I read that they will soon be gone, my eyes quivered :)
a friend of mine ordered auto Malawi and promised to share it with me.

Last edited:

rindindoo

Durga Mata x OT Haze

Durga Mata x OT Haze

Durga Mata x OT Haze 27 days 12\12
a very resinous plant. lilies of the valley are heard in the aroma. sturdy plant with a sturdy frame. I can see the effect of OT Haze on leaf, structure, and terpenes. fully bloomed a little more than the usual 14 days, maybe 17 d.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts