What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nature Lovers' Thread

G

Hi Bongosaurus,
That sea of purple looks like lupine. I have a blood red variety that have already had there 1st bloom...waiting for the second anyday and I will post some pics. This stuff works great for camo.

Seed

Aldous

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!!! What a beautiful thread! Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Here´s some more!

Best regards,

Aldous

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Hey guys! I took a trip to the Oregon coast, from Bandon to north of Reedsport.

Peacock near home-
7710Peacock_6-6-06.jpg

Salmon berries in coast range-
7710Salmon_berries_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_001.jpg

Water fall in Coast range-
7710Water_fall_in_Coastal_moutains_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_016.jpg

Harbor seals near Bandon-

7710Harbor_seals_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_021.jpg

Roses at Shore acres state park, and sunsets from near by-
7710Rose_1_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_040.jpg

7710Rose_2_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_052.jpg

7710Sun_set_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_073.jpg

7710Sunset_2_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_082.jpg

Siltcoose beach, north of Reedsport-

7710Siltcose_beach_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_094.jpg

7710Sea_sheals_6-7_and_8-06_Coast_trip_101.jpg

Last edited:
G

Hi Backcountry,
Those are some dandy photos. I love the Oregon coast. I usually travel between Coos Bay and Cresant City. Sometimes I do a lil whale watching from Gold Beach. I will get some of my beach pics up when I get some. Most of my pics were not taken on a digital camera so I have no way of uploading---I have 1 now so watch out!lol

Inspired,
Seed

TAG-monk

Geez, lets talk about heaven on earth...

And they keep telling us there is something better then that after death ... :pointlaug

G

Hi JJ,
There isn't much that tastes better than a pheasant, fried up like a chicken.
Nice pics....brought back memories.

Seed

Sleepy

Veteran

ahhh...Gordon Lightfoot...

"I can see her lyin back in her satin dress
In a room where ya do what ya dont confess
Sundown ya better take care
If I find you been creepin round my back stairs
Shes been lookin like a queen in a sailors dream
And she dont always say what she really means
Sometimes I think its a shame
When I get feelin better when Im feelin no pain

I can picture every move that a man could make
Getting lost in her lovin is your first mistake
Sometimes I think its a sin
When I feel like Im winnin when Im losin again

I can see her lookin fast in her faded jeans
Shes a hard lovin woman, got me feelin mean
Sometimes I think its a sin
When I feel like Im winnin when Im losin again"

peace bothers & sisters!!

Tripco

Sunset over the Lake Bovan (South Serbia).
Well, you cann't see the lake in this picture, but believe me, it's there, amog those hills. It's an arteficial lake, an water acumulation dating late seventies. Local people says that lake gave 'em this beautiful sunsets and mosquitos.
05_566.jpg

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
bongasaurus-Salmon berries are a type of Raspberry, they are very fat and juicy with a sweet mild Raspberry flavor. The name refers to two things:

1.The berries resemble Pacific salmon row(eggs), the raw kind, not the processed stuff in jars.
2.The start of the Salmon berry season is often close to strong Salmon runs in some PacNW, W.Canadian, and Alaskan coastal rivers, which is also the native range of the salmon berry.

Here is a few pics, 2 from coastal Sonoma county in California, and one from my Veg garden.

A coastal wildflower at Bodega head, north of San Francisco(A type of Aster I think)-

A Macro I took with the camera sitting low down close to and paralel to the tide, looking out to sea-

My Cabbage patch(Broccoli and Cauliflower too)-

Tripco

Strange birds are flying these days over my town. Scientific name: Paranoia factor.
pict00240ff.jpg

Seriously, it's still early for cops to look around for Cannabis crops, but some outdoor growers gone mad last few days since this helicopter started to search for something. Maybe it's just training, or they are looking for something else, but, you know, it's never to much precaution.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
bongasaurus-Yeah, Salmon berries are awesome when they are good and ripe. Yep, I have the Cabbage patch all set up for auto water, they were the first to get it early last month because Cole crops are very sensitive to moisture levals Vs. warm temps. I need to get the rest of the garden hooked up, and get 3 plots hooked up in the hills, I think regular rain fall is comming to a end for the Spring/Summer, and hot/dry is around the corner.

Tripco-Could you give me a basic rundown on how to post full size images? I knew all the code at OG, but I have not figured that out here.

Last edited:

Tripco

B/country, nothing special, just click "post reply" and than click on the icon/button with the yellow graphic showing hills or something. In the following window type URL where your picture is stored (you gotta type it, copy/paste don't works in this case) and that's it. I think it should work.
If you already use this path, maybe it's about picture hosting service. I use imageshack.

Tripco

I'm so stupid, of corse you're using this path (how else you could post the picture). The catch is probably in the link - don't use forums option in image host, but full URL

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
i remember ya polak! glad to see you found this place.

nice lilac pic hotdog. are those cherries above?

possibly the craziest mushrooms ive found. im assuming there just babies. what do you call a baby mushroom anyway...

9412DSC01368.JPG

Last edited: