What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitches, gripes, and complaints...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
been at my (current) job nearly 4 years now. every 3 or 4 months they have a (mandatory) meeting for "informational" purposes. they supposedly want to hear any gripes, suggestions, concerns etc. well, after TODAY, myself & several others ARE concerned. they passed around a sheet for each of us to fill out, rating the company & upper management of their responsiveness to any problems, our satisfaction with our jobs etc. HOWEVER...:biggrin: right up top where it says "this is strictly confidential- do not sign!" it ALSO has an area where they expected us to enter numerical codes for : what shift we were on, which department we worked in etc. well fuck! MANY of these "departments" only have 2 people working in them (like MINE!) and the company pets were not required to attend like the rest of us were. they had their own cheerleading session an hour earlier... it aint like they would not know immediately who did not agree with the corporate line. i handed mine in blank. last question was "do you see the need to fill out this sheet? " :biggrin:

St. Phatty

"Can we grow Pot in our desks ?

Can we put a table and some chairs in the outdoor smoking area, so we can prep our smokes before meetings ?

Can we have planning meetings where we smoke pot, just to see what happens ?

Can we have some ventilation vans in the common work area, so the non-smokers can work alongside the smokers ?"

My first round of questions.

Supposedly at TRW in the 70's, one of the summer-hire employees grew pot in his office area, which was in a warehouse. That's what they made the movie "Falcon and the Snowman" about.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it was 1982 & an argument w/my boss @ the bar (I was the cook 5 or 6 nights p/w) caused him to fire me, Jack had owned the place since 1954 and knew his biz inside & out, or so he thought.

6 weeks after being canned & barred as a customer I walked back into the joint looking to get my job back. The owner asked me to sit down in his office where he fessed up to NOT being able to cook & serve the food as I'd been doing, not even w/the help of his son, the 2 of them couldn't do what I could do alone.

:) :) :) :) :)

Business had picked up so drastically in the kitchen but he never accounted for the manpower pushing out the food. He took me back and gave me the raise I'd fought him for to begin with.

M

moose eater

Fill yours out, hippie, and tell them your work partner did it.

Or, lie through your teeth, tell them they walk on water, that everything they do is golden, and hope for a raise.

kaochiu

Veteran
I suggest five approaches.
A) Sorry, but my beliefs don't allow me for judging people. I am satisfied with my job and the only improvement I would like to see is a raise in my paycheck.
B) Sue their ass for psychological abuse and disturbing methods of gaining personal information.
C) Say yes very nice to all and keep on doing whatever you want.
D) Splash a meringue in the boss face and plan your retirement.
E) Answer the questions honestly. (Or maybe that's D)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tell them what they want to hear. If I had a nickle for every survey or questionnaire I manipulated I wouldn't need to grow weed. lol

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like “ a sprat to catch a mackerel “,,,
Nice one ,not signing Armed,,,

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
been at my (current) job nearly 4 years now. every 3 or 4 months they have a (mandatory) meeting for "informational" purposes. they supposedly want to hear any gripes, suggestions, concerns etc. well, after TODAY, myself & several others ARE concerned. they passed around a sheet for each of us to fill out, rating the company & upper management of their responsiveness to any problems, our satisfaction with our jobs etc. HOWEVER...:biggrin: right up top where it says "this is strictly confidential- do not sign!" it ALSO has an area where they expected us to enter numerical codes for : what shift we were on, which department we worked in etc. well fuck! MANY of these "departments" only have 2 people working in them (like MINE!) and the company pets were not required to attend like the rest of us were. they had their own cheerleading session an hour earlier... it aint like they would not know immediately who did not agree with the corporate line. i handed mine in blank. last question was "do you see the need to fill out this sheet? " :biggrin:
I learned that when management says, "Tell us what you think", you DO NOT tell them.

Lie. All is great! Perfect! Hope my kids & grandkids work here, it's so good! Be so blatantly cheery & upbeat about it that there's zero question as to whether you're bullshitting.

Question asked - question answered.

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had these little huddles when I worked at a bank for many years,,
Guess who got moved across or down but never up?
Those folks who were very honest and critical in there assessments,,,,
I just wrote “ happy as Larry” lol,,
Company’s especially Banks are totally ruthless,,,,
Again,,, well played ArmedoldHippy,,,,s2

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I suggest five approaches.
A) Sorry, but my beliefs don't allow me for judging people. I am satisfied with my job and the only improvement I would like to see is a raise in my paycheck.
B) Sue their ass for psychological abuse and disturbing methods of gaining personal information.
C) Say yes very nice to all and keep on doing whatever you want.
D) Splash a meringue in the boss face and plan your retirement.
E) Answer the questions honestly. (Or maybe that's D)

you know...i can start drawing SS this fall. i'm leaning toward "D". (B looks cool, too) :dance013: my wife wants me to do exactly that & find a part-time gig to make up the difference in salary. i can't afford to actually "retire", but i will be able to stop working for morons...life is too short (it is even shorter viewed from your 60s) to have to deal with idiots. it also saves me time not pointing out the blatant lies/errors in the " i will only settle for perfection!" threads on here.:biggrin:

M

moose eater

When I was informally professionally black-listed in '98, hippie, I told them, after telling myself, "Ya know, if you thought you had scant control over my actions and mouth before, when I was licensed, and under your 'umbrella,' just imagine how little control you'll have once I'm no longer within your perimeter of control."

Doing what you are proposing above can sometimes provide dicey times, tighter wallets, sometimes a more barren Christmas tree, etc., but at times, makes looking in the mirror less painful, at least a tad, and frees you up more to live your life as you're comfortable with.

Good luck.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
When I was informally professionally black-listed in '98, hippie, I told them, after telling myself, "Ya know, if you thought you had scant control over my actions and mouth before, when I was licensed, and under your 'umbrella,' just imagine how little control you'll have once I'm no longer within your perimeter of control."

Doing what you are proposing above can sometimes provide dicey times, tighter wallets, sometimes a more barren Christmas tree, etc., but at times, makes looking in the mirror less painful, at least a tad, and frees you up more to live your life as you're comfortable with.

Good luck.

i've been thinking damn near exactly what you said. they made a very bad mistake. when i told them i would have to work until i died, they thought that meant i had to work for THEM until i died...:biggrin:

dddaver

Veteran
The thing is, no matter where you go and what you do, you have to deal with assholes. Life seems to be a constant struggle in avoiding assholiness.But even in retirement you have to deal with asshole doctors who think they know better or people who think they know what it's like to be old and try to help but in fact fuck things up worse. So, the fact that you retire won't really be an escape, just a change of assholes bugging you.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Last regular salaried job I had was in 1982/83 slopping out concrete tanks in a winery (V.P.Wines) - but that was for only 6 months - since then I have worked for myself, had my own bizzes, and I find it hard to envisage anyone employing me now at my age - What would I put on the CV?.....hur-de-hur.

'spose my gripe is the fact I'm getting older - does anyone have
the elixir of youth? - or am I gonna have to go full vampire to ever see my grandkids? -

igrowone

Veteran
you need to see as the company sees
1st you have to look at things as if you have no soul
not 100% true, but close
now then, can you imagine a more effective way to identify discontented workers?
any effective improvement ideas are a bonus

armedoldhippy

Veteran
now then, can you imagine a more effective way to identify discontented workers?

can anyone imagine a more cowardly/backstabbing way of identifying disillusioned workers than by saying "oh, this is confidential/anonymous" but including a way of identifying the respondents? anyone?

hayday

Veteran
Sounds like a lay off is coming soon anyway. They have a crazy corporate plan cooking and your bosses job might be up for grabs:biggrin:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
can anyone imagine a more cowardly/backstabbing way of identifying disillusioned workers than by saying "oh, this is confidential/anonymous" but including a way of identifying the respondents? anyone?

There “ cutting the corn” by stealth.
They know who they want out the door,,,
Devious bastards,,,s2