What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what do you think about my incoming order ?

le_chef_boyarde

Bodhi: Field Trip (GSCxSSDD) 11
Freebie Bodhi Soul Mate (Pinesoul x Wookie)11
for 102$US shipped

Serious Seeds: Double Dutch Regular Seeds - 11
Mosca : Chem #4 x OTM #1 Regular Seeds - 10
Ministry :Early XXX Feminised Seeds - 2
Pyramid : Alpujarrena Feminised Seeds - 3
freebie Seedsman Jack Herer Feminised 3
freebie Seedsman Gelat.OG Feminised 3
freebie - Special Mix Reg by Mosca Seeds 5
all that for 135$US shipped

i think i scored some great deals on genetics i was dreaming about years back

I have G13 Lab bbgum #2, TH seeds crtitical hog, G13 Lab Blue cindy, Cali connection Jupiter OG and Dinafem Strawberry amnesia running right now. Starting those after so much years without growing got me wanting more

These were all around 5 years old and germed great. They were freebies and old stuff that i had kept after taking a couple years break on growing.

So i'm back with a plan.

- Better genetics ( i think)
- First outdoor grow in the forest this summer (have a big land in the forest 46N) will NEED some advice from you guys !
-Ordered the Early XXX (skunk) and the Alpujarrena for their resistance to cold and fast flowering because the canadian summer is quite short and im in a bit of altitude.
-Finding mothers in those genetics (never kept a mother, always from clone to clone or seeds)
-Finding great males in the Bodhi seeds, Double dutch and chem#4xOTM and pollinating everything i can

so that where im at now... open to suggestions and advice and comments on my choices and idea

how do you guys go about choosing you mother
-taking clones of all potential mothers and flowering the mother while keeping the clone 60 days
or
Just reveging the flowering mother who is a keeper?

browntrout

Veteran
Hopefully yo uget them bro. I haven't had an issue getting beans from seedsman into Canada but others I know from different UK banks (RGSC) and had increasing issues with seizures from CBSA.

Assuming all is good, definitely a good deal. Seedsman has some good promotions.

Is everything going outdoors? Most of em won't finish properly at 46N. Early XXX (skunk) and the Alpujarrena look possible.

And yes re vegging is fairly easy. I've done it even after frosts outdoors.

Best thing to do I found is dig the plant up (leaving 1/3 or more lower buds) with as much root space as possible on a warm day, wash the previous soil from the roots and plant in new medium (you can also wait a week after indoors to do this). Wait a week and feed with decent strength nutes/kelp/hormones/vitamins etc. medium/strong LED and Fluorescents work well at 24/7.

le_chef_boyarde

yeah i read a bit about that happening lately... finger crossed... but took insurance
the bodhi are from JBC tho

the xxx and alpu are the ones going outdoor this summer... the rest is mainly for indoor
also read i need to wait for june to take them out if they are clones so they dont flower/veg/flower

the reveging i want to do is for indoor plants... when pheno hunting
Don't know if i should take clones of all possible mother before flowering them or just revegged the best female to be mothers

thanks for the advice