What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BUDDER MAKING MADE PUBLIC

G

Verite said:
Nothing wrong with the post, just your method of evasiveness when it comes to answering questions about it. If your going to bother all capping a post titled "Budder making made public" and use the same methods of not answering the questions about how it gets to the " budder up " stage then sorry if I ended your long dramatic pause. Hell even in the Reeferman thread you still didnt answer the question and someone else did. Why title a post with the word "budder" in it if all you are going to do is explain to people how to make oil?

http://www.reefermanseeds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3367
if i remember right, the threadstarter did the exact same thing in overgrow. he made the thread, then a sentence for the 1st post, and didn't explain anything about what his thread was about. i wanted to smack him in the face for being stupid, and i want to do the same for how he managed this thread...c'mon man

headees

Ive heard ISO leaves an undesirable taste in the oil that cannot be removed with any amount of purging, so wouldnt washing your BHO with ISO "taint" the final product? Also would a hot water purge while extracting the BHO have any noticable beneficial effects if you did do a ISO wash as well?

G

Just seeing if there was enough interest to spend the time.
This isn't the only forum I'm on, and there's only so many hours in the day.....

I think that's false, perhaps the person who told you that was using something else that they thought was the iso contaminating their oil.
I use Iso, no taste of iso if you evaporate it all.

Budder elitist...... :chin:
I actually notice that if the oil isn't top notch quality (but close), there is a bit of not-so-nice taste and harshness, this is where 'buddering up' becomes important as that taste can be almost nullified by achieving a 'budder' state.This was more important when I was using a hot-knife, before I had my vape. A vape takes away that harshness, and some of the taste.
If it's killer, like the stuff you make HMK, I'll smoke it as glass and smile...... :woohoo:
(hope that gets HMK's mood off of 'irritated')
Notice how easily the G-13 came back for you? Same with the watty for me, some other strains are even better.

And yes, budder IS just dry bho, qwiso, but getting that state means having control over your cooking, and knowing what to look for!

The yield is dependant on several factors, butane generally yields more than iso, but you have less control over how far you cook it as it boils off at room temperature.

Listen
Everyone knows someone, or has something better, or doesn't like the way I post, or has some other sort of issue.

I started the 'budder' posts in the first place to give this info away after seeing the backlash against budder from what the BK has been releasing.

For all those that care, yes, there is only a minute difference between making oil, and what I'm illustrating here as 'budder making', but that difference is essential!!!!!!
Budder is an emulsion, do you make cream, or merangue in your kitchen? Most people don't, and if you don't know how to do it properly, it's not that easy.

For all those that complain over my attempt to help, thinking this is about ego, or attention (Verite - U reading this?), FUCK OFF.
I'm behind a computer for f@*# sake, there's no glory or attention, I could care less what you think.
This thread is for people with a good attitude who want to learn and chat, maybe make some new friends.
I don't think you'll have to worry about that last part.

Anyone who thinks budder isn't all that, or is easy to make, come up with something that looks like THIS every time, not once in a while, or dark stuff that tastes bad.
This is pure resin, no contaminant, and it tastes like the strain did......

Real 'budder' is creamy, not dry, flaky, oily, or hard. It has the texture of margarine, or...... butter.

Last edited:
G

It appears I have some sort of issue myself, whereas I seem to feel compelled to put dramatic pauses in my writing...... With these 6 dots...... Too often...... lol, cough, lol

Iso is very easy to find in Canada, the burgeoning oil market has almost every hydro store selling it, as well as the chain IDA and several others, in gallon jugs. Small containers of 99% can be bought at Safeway, Save-on-foods, and almost any pharmacy, but they are more expensive.

Some hydro stores will sell you 45 gallon drums of it, if you want.

In other countries, you might try buying it online, it's not illegal to buy, but it is hazardous to ship, so it leaves a papertrail.
You could have it mailed to a post-office box, no LEO is going to track a jug of iso to a post box......

There's those f@%#n' 6 dots again, they're following me......

Last edited:

comphashon

hey tug ...thanks for sharing...for that is the true point of these forums ...and cannabis for that matter!!!....i have made my fair share of iso oil...similer to your method...and had gotten the glass consistantly with bud testing over 18%...and found it killer!!!

but is it really better as budder???i will admit it would seem easier to handle than glass!!!but i mean is it stronger???anyway i would love to try some to see for myself....i dont make oil anymore cause of the petrolieum product...but i will smoke some killer (sometimes)...but Rosin is where its at if you ask me!!!
thanks again!!!
c

my fav pile!!!

G

Hey Compashon, nice to see you here.

I will try your method soon and post my results, I am very interested in solvent-less extraction. How does it stack up against FMCD?

I don't believe oil is more potent as budder, I used to, but have changed my opinion. I believe it is smoother, so I was taking in more, thus thinking it was more potent.

I find it hard to go back to a less potent product though, as I'm hopelessly addicted to budder...... lol

Seriously, I will try it, and let you know what I think.

peace - tug

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Imo smoking iso makes you a little aggro. You can make the same product with Everclear and actually experience what oil tastes like void of the entire iso taste.

comphashon

hey bro...ya i think you will turn into a rosin head!!!!and stack up against FMCD...it is FMCD...from lesser quality hash!!!
i know what you mean as far as meathods of delivery...some seem to get you off more and send you higher!!!we will hook up and share a few stories!!!
later
c

G

Cool, keep postin' pics when U have time......here's a quote (from me) posted on another site. It is a reply as to why I changed my original post to say 'it's basically dry QWISO'......

originally posted by the unknown grower
I was on IC, and Verite was giving me a hard time, saying -'Oh yeah, here we go again, aren't you the same guy who posted that on OG and RMS, leaving everyone in suspense for 3 weeks, only to reveal that it's just dry honey oil?'

So I decided to add to all my 1st posts the fact that it's JUST dry-QWISO...... lol
You know how many people are going to think they can take their oil and 'budder it up'...... :noway:

Let me illustrate for all who think I'm a 'budder elitist' why budder is a better representation of quality oil.
First of all, remember I am using ISO>>>>

I just made a batch (2 g.) of glass from bottom Chernobyl buds (pea bud), and haven't buddered it up yet, burns good, gets you ripped, tastes alright too. The 20 grams I cooked was probably worth $90.

I then made a batch (2.5 g.) of glass from trim leaf (& shake) from Chernobyl, and it won't budder up at all, burns ok, gets you somewhat high, but tastes like bias-ply. The 2 ounces I cooked was worthless.

AS GLASS, YOU CAN'T TELL THEM APART, THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME

I gave the bias-ply away, it leaves a pile of residue on the blade, and when I say it tastes like bias-ply, I mean it tastes and smells like burning rubber, terrible...... too much plant material/chlorophyl/something.

Last edited:
G

99% usually, but after noticing how much was being sold, recently one pharmacy started stocking 100% iso, it was about 15% more expensive than 99%.
I asked the orderer (pharmacist) about it, and he said it's because it takes a lot of effort to get that last 1% of water out of iso, I haven't noticed a difference though.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Thats why from a solvent standpoint in the use of MJ theres really no difference between 99% iso and 100% iso. Imo 100% iso from a chemical standpoint is kind of misleading since they are simply adding a drying agent to attempt to pull as much water out of the 99%. I dont think its possible to pull it all out since iso forms an azeotrope* with water at 87.4% alcohol.

* Im also pretty sure that iso forms the same azeotrope relation with cannabis oils [ any oils really ] to the point where regardless of how well you purge it the iso will still be in there because its infused by the azeotrope relation.

Then know that the human liver converts iso into acetone inside the body and I think in the long run that could be a very bad thing to injest.

Iso info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

Azeotropic distillation info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azeotropic_distillation

Azeotropic definition info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azeotrope

G

Wow, thanks Verite.
I had better start wearing gloves when I make budder, the absorption is worse than I thought.

I'm going to start referring to budder as 'partially hydrogenated' honey oil...... :woohoo:

headees

Heres a small amount of budder I made using about 12 grams of Bogs LSD colas. This stuff buddered up very quickly while It was still on the heat, it didnt even need to cool down. It is the most potent smoke Ive ever had, its very similar to 73 FMCD except it is even more pure. I would still probably prefer the solvent free bubble hash though, but this stuff is too strong.

Oh yea this stuff was made from BHO using a super heated water purge, then redissolved in ISO and buddered up. Thanks to TUG and OIL Baron for the info. :wave:

Last edited:
G

Nice lookin dude, I'm impressed!

A friend called last night, I got a little of the Tuna, here's a pic of a 1/2 of the tuna I made (about a gram from a 1/4 oz of bud), some of the best oil I've ever had (haven't buddered it yet)......

While I was out, a stop at a (private) liquor store for some beer rewarded me with a pair of Stella Artois glasses!!!!!!

Last edited:
G

headees, that's awesome bro :yes:

best budder ever TUG? sounds rad.

your buddy is going to budder up a whole bunch of Jimi within the next 24...

the Jimi is undoubtedly the finest strain available down here and makes the finest oil... will be comparing it to QTS's incredible sour diesel bho...

ya'll bee safe