What's new

moving from europe to cali

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I dunno about growing in L.A. but I do think that if you do it, medically, in the suburbs, you may have less trouble. It is difficult to grow when you rent, because the landlord basically has the right to "check up on you" whenever he pleases.

Location, location, location. I would grow outside of L.A., however.

M

movingtocally

As I understand it, you need a California ID of some type in order for the doctors to recommend you anything. Seems like that would be tricky as a non citizen, but then I believe I've heard noise of illegal immigrants getting California ID's? Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm sure someone here has the scoop.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
a med card would be nice but theres plently of people who grow with no paperwork.

if your only doing 6 plants, id say F it screw teh card, just buy an ikea closet for 150 bucks, buy a 150HPS, and throw some babies in there!

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
As I understand it, you need a California ID of some type in order for the doctors to recommend you anything. Seems like that would be tricky as a non citizen, but then I believe I've heard noise of illegal immigrants getting California ID's? Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm sure someone here has the scoop.

i dont' have a california id but i do have a medical recommendation from a ca doctor ;)

cashmunny

is California a good place to move to now?

how immigrants are welcomed?

The unemployment rate is around 10%, mostly as a result of the collapse of the housing industry. Immigrants...we love that the mexican immigrants will work for dirt cheap cleaning our houses and mowing our lawns, but then complain about them stealing jobs, filling up school classrooms, and getting food stamps.

There is racism, but it's not condoned in polite company.

But as an educated person you will be welcomed with open arms. As a math major you can do so many things. There aren't enough people to fill technical jobs.

And if you are talking about the area around USC, that is one of the worst neighborhoods in the US. It's called Watts. There have been race riots there, twice in recent history. You'll want to live elsewhere.

Anyplace is better than Watts.

Most landowners would probably NOT be cool with growing. So don't mention it, just do it.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
southern california is the most over rated, over populated, over polluted area in the united states. there are much nicer places to live. and certainly is not a place i would consider moving to if the only attraction is "legal" weed....

cashmunny

southern california is the most over rated, over populated, over polluted area in the united states. there are much nicer places to live. and certainly is not a place i would consider moving to if the only attraction is "legal" weed....

Malibu is in SoCal, SantaBarbara is in SoCal, LaJolla in in SoCal, Pacific Palisades, Rancho Palos Verdes. Not cheap by any means, but SoCal has some of the most beautiful landscapes and temperate climates on earth.

There is a reason so many people live here. Climate is great and jobs are plentiful if you have a degree in something useful. The outdoor recreation is fantastic. Surfing and skiing...on the same day. Plus it's the west coast and you don't have as many rednecks as middle america.

But on the other hand the SanFernando valley should be nuked out of existence.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
When we talk about the unemployment rate of California, we also have to consider the state's population. I'm not saying that California's economy is doing "all right," I'm just saying that you have to be really invested in moving there. The state will gladly take you in, but then it's all up to you from there. You have to know that you have a good chance of getting a job.

Why should the SFV be nuked out of existence?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

Well said.

Except La Jolla, that place really is fucking nice.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i grew up and still live in a urban jungle surrounded by traffic, crime, and all sorts of wonderful things. i like my experiances growing up in the city and wouldnt trade them for anything, but its starting to burn me out and i want to move to mendocino or ukiah.

cashmunny

Why should the SFV be nuked out of existence?

Well that's a little exaggeration. But it's brutally hot in the summer, there seems like there is no vegetation anywhere. It is polluted. The streets go for miles without end and there is a strip mall on every block. A lot of sketchy neighborhoods and gang activity. I guess there are some OK neighborhoods at the south and north end, Woodland and Granada Hills maybe.

I suppose if you like tagging and massage parlors it's a nice place to live though.

But West LA is much better, between the 405 and the ocean.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I agree, north of SFV in Ventura County. It's pretty out there. I also like going over the mountains on the 14..past Palmdale. Farms and cows..mmm beef. Anyway, back to the OP's questions..

Marshmello

Are you Moving to Cali because that is where your scholarship or funding dictates that is where you go?
If Cali, is it specific to USC? What about Stanford? CAL?
If it's an option....
I would tell you to look at the other 49 states.
There's about 40 you can scratch right off the map......:joint:

bobblehead

Veteran
There are much cheaper states to live in, and as long as you don't tell anyone, you can grow all the weed you want.

Latest posts

Latest posts