What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question on clone only strains,why cant we seed them

floydfanx6

Here is my question,all those cali medicinal strains like gdp,or urkle,grape ape ect..are clone only.no seeds are available. why hasnt someone taken 1 female clone spray some gibb acid on it turn it into a hermie,,collect the polllen from it,and pollinate a female of the same strain??? basically why dont we have gdp,and urkle seeds? and where do u go about finding a strain like bubonic bluberry,or blue ruskaka

full time daddy
Veteran
floydfanx6 said:
Here is my question,all those cali medicinal strains like gdp,or urkle,grape ape ect..are clone only.no seeds are available. why hasnt someone taken 1 female clone spray some gibb acid on it turn it into a hermie,,collect the polllen from it,and pollinate a female of the same strain??? basically why dont we have gdp,and urkle seeds? and where do u go about finding a strain like bubonic bluberry,or blue ruskaka

i dont think ppl do this for the fact of they don't want seed's they want bud's...

there's seeds of all 3 around you just have to know the right ppl.... i have gave lot's of them away (grape ape & grape crosses)

Chrome

Pink Bubble Tooth
ICMag Donor
there are!

specialy GHS is working this way ;)

the problem to this elite S1s all are femed and
they arent the same as the cuts.

so the better get the cut and dont struggle with s1.
then u got the true 1. if u cant get the cut then s1s will be a possible choice.

greetings

T

TREE KING

why arent the s1's the same as the cut? i thought alot of the phenos would be identicle.

Last edited:
S

Scoobs

OG was selfed a few years ago and seeds were made available.

Guess what the result was.....Dozens of new named cuts, with differences seen between them.

You can't recreate a clone by selfing.

H

Hazeseeker

I believe but could be wrong here that selfing is basically opening up the door to the family/pool the original cut came from,
so selfing say Chem D could give you a pheno close to the cut but it'll also give different phenos depending on the matching of the chromosomes held already within the genes (someone plz tell me if i'm wrong here, maybe i've got this wrong?),
here's a pic of the Chem D clone grown by SmokeyPuffMaster and a possible Chem D pheno i found in Chem D x OG Kush/Affie,
they weren't S1's but it's still the same theory - that it's possible to find something close to what your looking for

Chem D Clone (grown by smokeypuffmaster) Chem D Pheno found in Chem D x OG Kush/Affie seedline (grown by me)
11088chemdawgd9-med.JPG
328432nd_september_B_06.jpg

peace :joint:

T

TREE KING

Hazeseeker said:
I believe but could be wrong here that selfing is basically opening up the door to the family/pool the original cut came from,
so selfing say Chem D could give you a pheno close to the cut but it'll also give different phenos depending on the matching of the chromosomes held already within the genes (someone plz tell me if i'm wrong here, maybe i've got this wrong?),
here's a pic of the Chem D clone grown by SmokeyPuffMaster and a possible Chem D pheno i found in Chem D x OG Kush/Affie,
they weren't S1's but it's still the same theory - that it's possible to find something close to what your looking for

Chem D Clone (grown by smokeypuffmaster) Chem D Pheno found in Chem D x OG Kush/Affie seedline (grown by me)
11088chemdawgd9-med.JPG
328432nd_september_B_06.jpg

peace :joint:

thats pretty much what i was thinkin too. if you grow out a bunch of s1's you will probably get something pretty identicle by picking the right pheno.

Last edited:

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These strains have all been released in seeds/crosses in the past 2 years.You haven't been looking hard enough..well maby not the ape.

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

i havent heard anything about any strawberry creme releases? tell you the truth kryptonite was just talkin about a haze cross with sc but that would make the flower time way to long for me. other than that its the first time ive heard about any releases. i never heard about a dabney blueberry release?

Last edited:

floydfanx6

purple urkle, grandaddy purple grape ape,,these seeds have NOT been released,,please tell me who has,,i live on the east coast usa,so clones isnt really an option unfrotantly also i think u can get close to the strain,,but i dont think ul have a pure strain of any,,i could be wrong as welll

floydfanx6

purple urkle, grandaddy purple grape ape,,these seeds have NOT been released,,please tell me who has,,i live on the east coast usa,so clones isnt really an option unfrotantly also i think u can get close to the strain,,but i dont think ul have a pure strain of any,,i could be wrong as welll

M

medical_shed

All those clones have been used in crosses just like folks are telling you.

floydfanx6

yes i know crosses are available,,but how about getting the pure strain.not a cross...llike actual grandaddy purple seeds

floydfanx6

i would imagine,u can breed pretty close to the true strain,but no way to get pure grandaddy purple ,or urkle seeds,unless its been crossed,or its seeds of a hermie,people cross things all the time such as purple wreck, purple urklextrain wreck,,,sure u can keep breeding yr way back,,but how are u getting gdp males,or male pollen? besdies hermifying it with hormones and,pollinating a female of the same strain,;) cheers!! if anyone could make gdp,or urkle,or grape ape seeds,,i reckon he would make a lot of dough,people want these strains,,,,not everyone can get clones

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A clone can never be exactly the same as from seed, even if you had pollen from the clone and self pollinated it would still only be similar. I've heard some strains like C99 are fairly true breeding so you would be closer to the original.....

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
floydfanx6 said:
yes i know crosses are available,,but how about getting the pure strain.not a cross...llike actual grandaddy purple seeds

Many of the older "clone only" strains come from homogeneous stock. Meaning the seed were stable in genetic characteristics.

For example, the UK Cheese clone is "true breeding" and so does not and will not herm / make male flowers when grown ,, and cannot be selfed naturally.

n.b. Some ppl have suggested that they used chemical applications to make the plant stress out and produce male flowers, and seeds,, but we never saw any credible results.

Those "clone only" strains that have been selfed (s1) usually come from really unstable genetic lines , or plants where the hermaphroditic traits / male flowers were visible, easy to induce with stress. These unstable / undesirable genetics are then passed on in lineage.

Hope this helps / makes sense :D

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please show us photos of true Cheese S1's if you have them,, quids on the are BigBuddha's Cheese or Kachina.