What's new

Interstate Travel & Drug Dogs

Lucky 7

This is a big shout out to our well traveled friends. Are they still using drug sniffing dogs on our Interstates? Last year I saw teams in Nebraska near Lincoln with signs, dogs, Troopers, the whole works.

I understand they operate in Missouri as well, and possibly south & west of De Moines, Iowa. Anybody run into one of these Nazi style gang bangs?

Heads Up Mo Fo's! The life you save may be your own! :fsu:

Lucky 7

Well, just because no one has posted . . . I'm sure they're still at it so beware!

If you're on yer way to Grandma's with some of her medicine, maybe some white widow or Midwest Ditch # 5 and yer roaring down I 35 & see the sign "Drug Dog in Use Ahead"

IT"S TOO FU*KIN LATE! You've gotta 50/50 chance they'll pull you over.

Cheap commie Bast*ds! :bashhead:

W

Wunderkind

Of course they use drug dogs when appropriate, but I've never seen or heard of an interstate check point, especially out in the middle of no where, and I'm from the midwest.

edit - and wouldn't letting people with drugs know there are drug dogs ahead defeat the purpose of the whole thing?

Last edited:

mazzakush

*warning... complete post is hearsay

alright, so I read (hence^) and have not experienced this....but it seems logical.
Cops will set up those signs in order to see who freaks out and does something dirastic when folks see the sign. Then they go after em.

not saying they don't actually checkpoint ya.

NOKUY

Veteran
since when can they do such a search w/out probable cause...seems like a violation of rights to me :confused:

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
mazzakush said:
*warning... complete post is hearsay

alright, so I read (hence^) and have not experienced this....but it seems logical.
Cops will set up those signs in order to see who freaks out and does something dirastic when folks see the sign. Then they go after em.

not saying they don't actually checkpoint ya.

Forsure you're on the right track..

See what they actually do is this -

post up signs like drug check point/drug dogs ahead and they put these signs a few miles before an exit.. now these interstate exits are generally rural roads with no service station, hotels, or restaurants anywhere. If you're from out of state you probably have no business being on a road like this.

so the state trooper (Piece of shit) sits and waits.. its like using dynamite to go fishing.. its cheating. but if you stay calm and use your brain you would never run into a situation like this.

in a certain time of my life i useto run across states loaded with contraband locked in a suitcase (always put your goods in a locked container of sorts as they actually need a warrant and not just probable cause to unlock it.. and a key for that matter!! lol)
Remember your rights folks! never consent to a search especially if you have illegal items in your possession.

ive been pulled over a few times in situations were i thankfully had alreadly dropped the product.. and ive consented to a few searches just to get them off my back. ive had sheriffs actually damage my car looking for what they "know" i must have concealed.. its no fun.

in "X" state i had got pulled over "for a small crack on my windshield" that a parked trooper "saw" as i was going down the interstate at 75mph on the nose.. ohhh did i forget to mention i had Arizona plates at the time????

anyways me being stupid at the time i had kept the empty suitcase in my trunk that had been used to transport the recently broken up lbs after i removed the wrapping. it had been empty for a few days but stilll REEEKED of the skunky ganj that i dropped off..i let him search and he came back to the cruiser and sed "wheres the money?" i sed what money?
trooper- "i may have been born at night but it wasnt last night"
he called for back up and tore my shit apart.
frustrated that he knew the crime i had committed but had to let me go he looked up my address on a computer and pointed out on a map where i lived. took my name and let me know that he was "going to inform my local authorities what business i am in" as i was leaving he shouted
"STAY OUT OF *********!"

ive had a few close calls including getting pulled over by a K9 unit with 20K stuffed in my air vents.. talk about nerve racking!

W

Wunderkind

now that I've thought about it, I do remember seeing one of these signs before. I was pretty high and came to conclusion I was tripping/misread the sign as I never came upon said stop.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
My 20 year-old son was pulled over for speeding two days ago on an interstate in IL by a state police canine unit. They searched his car with the dog without probable cause or his permission. Wasted about half an hour of his time. It was not a check point, AFAIK, just a speed trap. He was doing 81 in a 65 zone.

Not the first time he's been stopped and searched. Last time about a month ago he did everything right, told them they did not have permission to search and the only "probable cause" was that he was driving without a seatbelt. Made him wait an hour while they got the dog and searched both the outside and inside of his car. This was local LEO.

Happy ending both times -- they found nothing.

D

Don Cotyle

I just heard of a new way to "beat" the drug dogs! Tell the ossifer your going to a family reunion "where ever". Keep a small amount of weed sealed in a seal a meal bag and put it the center of a big pack of ground beef! When the dog goes ballistic on the cooler you open it up and say "I guess your dogs hungry" cause he went right for the raw meat! You don't fool the dog but you just might fool the officer! I've never tryed this myself so don't know how well it'll work! Just some food for thought! Don

Lucky 7

As of 2005, the Supreme Court ruled motorists vehicles could indeed be searched -- that's an outside search-- to see if the dog got a "hit".

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/372/dogsearches.shtml

the search begins after a probable cause traffic stop (I've seen them pulling cars over randomly, but they may have stopped that). Call is made to canine unit, and dog is run around car.

http://www.ketv.com/news/9726734/detail.html

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/04/police_intercept_illegal_drugs.html

for more info, search: interstate drug dog

rights' advocates:

Civil libertarians and defense lawyers said the ruling was a step toward converting routine traffic stops into full-fledged searches. They also predicted it would lead to more targeting of racial minorities and out-of-state drivers.

“We are disappointed that the Supreme Court today exposes all motorists across Illinois, and the rest of the nation, to unnecessary, intimidating searches by drug-sniffing dogs,” said Harvey Grossman, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois.

I spoke with our sheriff and he claims our state does not use this approach, Calif. either. When traveling, make sure you're safe people!

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
^^QFT^^

I-91 corridor all throughout New England is fully K9 at this time of year. FYI.

Also, DOT truck weigh stations in this region have dogs now and I have personally seen them circling EVERY RIG with dogs at the weigh stations while the driver shows his log.

I will not travel with more than a couple nugs these days. NFW. Not through the Gauntlet, and ESPECIALLY not during harvest time in an election year...

Lucky 7

thanks Stinkyattic for that info! So far we've got Illinios, Nebraska, Iowa, New England.

You can probably add Missouri & Kansas to a limited extent.

The question is: can a drug sniffing pooch smell a gram or two inside our vehicles? I wouldn't bet against them.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
The question is: can a drug sniffing pooch smell a gram or two inside our vehicles? I wouldn't bet against them.
If you do bet against it your stupid. Dogs can smell a few grams in a car no problem. When I was a child I had a hound dog and he could sniff things out hundreds of yards away with ease. i didn't even train him to sniff things out but if he caught the scent of something and then i hid it he would find it most of the time. now imagine a trained dog doing the same thing.
now there are things that might throw a dog off a little bit for reason another, but i would say dogs are successful more than there not.

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Rules for driving with weed:

1. Don't break any other laws, stay exactly the speed limit (some states have a no tolerance speeding policy and I have been pulled before for doing the normal 5 over)

2. Make sure your car is somewhat new model that everyone and their mother has for getting groceries. Also check tag lights,inspection stickers, tag expiration, headlamps, turn signals, brake lights, and make sure nothing can set you apart (bumper stickers, car damage)

3. Don't look like a pot head. Wear a suit if it's a big deal.

4. Politely refuse search don't sound like a lawyer or someone who knows the law better than most need to know, just say look im in a hurry- i don't have time, mother/gf is waiting and already mad at you.... if your late to work one more time ur fired. etc.

5. Don't talk on the phone about where you are/where your going. I will say these days there is no warrant needed to listen to cell phone discussions, i can tap into any cellphone conversation over a cell phone within 2 miles of here. I hear all kinds of deals going down, Bf/Gf's argueing, phone sex- never say anything incriminating over the phone.