What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

led05

Chasing The Present
Thats going to be some stella hash. Not made from fresh green resin but how it should be made from mature resin.
Its good to see someone using the old school methods brother aged the high is going to be other worldly.
Modern hash is nothing like what it should be. Love your spirit man a true canna connoisseur.
Many thanks bro, always means a lot coming from you; my goal is simple, do the polar opposite of what’s commercially done & available, quality over quantity always

Last edited:

NorGreen

I've had a small puck vacced and curing sinse late summer.. a few months ago, Im guessing, it some how ended up in a room of 60F, and when I found it a few weeks ago, it had small specs of fuzzy white.. one spec even had a small match head size greenish spot..

I scraped it of, let it dry in 77F for 24 hours and revacced.

I know with food, its still colonized, even though you cut away the mold... what about vacced cobs?

Is it still good? Should I cut away any, especially where the greenish spot was, perhaps?
20231130_212139.jpg

Prs2xs

I've had a small puck vacced and curing sinse late summer.. a few months ago, Im guessing, it some how ended up in a room of 60F, and when I found it a few weeks ago, it had small specs of fuzzy white.. one spec even had a small match head size greenish spot..

I know with food, its still colonized, even though you cut away the mold... what about vacced cobs?

Is it still good? Should I cut away any, especially where the greenish spot was, perhaps?
View attachment 18933358
Are you sure thats not just the salts coming up? A microscope would identify the mold hyphae if thats what it is.

Tangwena

Veteran
Never seen bloom in RL, but Im picturing crystalization, something grainy.. this was fuzzy.. and with the tiny greenish pimple in center, I'd say mold 🤷‍♂️
Never hurts to be cautious just cut it out with a sharp knife slice of a piece taking all the suspect stuff with it.
Also dry it if its getting mold on the surface its a bit too wet. Then re seal it and all should be good.
Yes the bloom def has a salty crystalline appearance under a scope or jewelers loupe.
Otherwise cure looks on point.

NorGreen

First pics was from a couple of weeks ago.. and after drying it some more, it felt as dry as another small piece, without any fuzz, I have laying, so I just revacced and just checked through the bag, and didnt see anything.. after finally getting around to post today, and reading your responses, I thought I better open it and have another look..

Took pictures through the microscope, so its not the best quality, but for all its worth..

First is from the original fuss in center, and last two last is from a newly discovered, tiny spec on the edge.

Looks kinda hairy and weird.. like some fiber glass/candy floss thing 🤷‍♂️

If its mold, there are small specs here and there, and with a puck of only 7.5g, Im not sure Im able to cut away any without cutting until nothings left? How much buffer zone do I remove? 🤷‍♂️
20231216_191030.jpg
20231216_191309.jpg

20231216_191331.jpg

Attachments

• 20231216_191331.jpg
    20231216_191331.jpg
    946.8 KB · Views: 30

led05

Chasing The Present

View attachment 18933358
You know They say Flemming discovered penicillin or I think thats who; but us ancient Cobsmen know better, eat that shit bro !! Minor dose of antibiotics if you ask me…

Tangwena

Veteran
First pics was from a couple of weeks ago.. and after drying it some more, it felt as dry as another small piece, without any fuzz, I have laying, so I just revacced and just checked through the bag, and didnt see anything.. after finally getting around to post today, and reading your responses, I thought I better open it and have another look..

Took pictures through the microscope, so its not the best quality, but for all its worth..

First is from the original fuss in center, and last two last is from a newly discovered, tiny spec on the edge.

Looks kinda hairy and weird.. like some fiber glass/candy floss thing 🤷‍♂️

If its mold, there are small specs here and there, and with a puck of only 7.5g, Im not sure Im able to cut away any without cutting until nothings left? How much buffer zone do I remove? 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 18933569 View attachment 18933570
View attachment 18933572
If you cant cut it out drop some pure alcohol on it, it will kill the spores and once dried no more will grow.
I use iso on my plants that get any mold. It kills it stone dead and plants recover as if nothing happened.

ost

haha, yeah, thats a good warning! :)
the desolving part is a bit tricky. happened to me too, but not with such a high dose. after some time of chewing the structure gets loose and you dont have a package anymore, more likely a powder, which easliy part by part finds the way into the stomach and zack you're into the world of : 'well, that didnt go as planned but i guess, thats the deal now' :)
for sure don't put nothing in your mouth to eat carefull when you swallow /cob and all ,along for the ride!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Did I miss something?? Are you not supposed to swallow the material???
No, swallowing is good! Some like to take an extra large dose and spit it out after chewing for a while. They get a more intense, but shorter high.

I've only tried it once myself, but I forgot to spit it out!
I just got a more intense and longer high😂

When i first started chewing, that's what I did. I just chewed it up until it was just liquid and then swallowed.
These days I tend to do it as if I had a wad of coca; I chew a bit and then put it in my check, periodically I rechew lightly, suck the juice and return it to the side of my cheek. Usually I feel the first effects within 15mins but may have the wad in my mouth for an hour. I'm still able to take a drink and keep the wad in place.

Happy chewing Brothers!

Tangwena

Veteran
Lately I've been using 2 year old Mulanje cobs I mix it up with varying amounts from 4 differently cured cobs of the same plant.
I get a hell productive driven high for 4 hours really enjoyable and focused.

Then I need to trip in my head for about an hour, the visuals and coma like dreams are amazing.
I sort out all the things in my life and come round energized and ready for the next 4 hours of the high.

As long as I plan my day around it (the head trip) I can work or play all day long amazing high.
But the head tripping is my favorite I go from exhausted after 4 hours of high intensity action.
To closing my eyes and tripping in my head like morphine only better.
Once I'm recharged I get this urge to get up and go that cannot be denied ha ha.
Love this high it has everything I want. If I take lower doses (less than 0.3g) the head trip doesn't happen.
But the energized euphoria more than makes up for it ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
This is some Acapulco Gold I have had curing since January.
The finish is stringy like cig rolling tobacco very aromatic and slightly moist.
The aromas are sweet floral and I'm sure would smoke smooth as silk.
img_3401-web.jpg
img_3400 - copy-web.jpg
img_3401b-web.jpg

Then some more sweated Mulanje cob from 2021
Same plant left hand one unsweated right hand one sweated.
The unsweated is very aromatic pine, sweet floral aroma.
The sweated one very different deep funky sweet fermented fruits and had my attention as soon as I opened the bag ha ha.

img_3403 - copy-web.jpg
img_3402c-web.jpg

Finally some ass kicking unsweated Mulanje from the short pheno with the one main central cola from 2021.

img_3405-web.jpg

It has a fermented sweet honey funk and tastes the same.
I overdosed on it first time I tested it today so I intent halving the dose so I can get a better idea of the high ha ha.

ost

Lately I've been using 2 year old Mulanje cobs I mix it up with varying amounts from 4 differently cured cobs of the same plant.
I get a hell productive driven high for 4 hours really enjoyable and focused.

Then I need to trip in my head for about an hour, the visuals and coma like dreams are amazing.
I sort out all the things in my life and come round energized and ready for the next 4 hours of the high.

As long as I plan my day around it (the head trip) I can work or play all day long amazing high.
But the head tripping is my favorite I go from exhausted after 4 hours of high intensity action.
To closing my eyes and tripping in my head like morphine only better.
Once I'm recharged I get this urge to get up and go that cannot be denied ha ha.
Love this high it has everything I want. If I take lower doses (less than 0.3g) the head trip doesn't happen.
But the energized euphoria more than makes up for it ha ha.
seems i need a lot more cobs and more age on what i have!at this point i smoke too much for the cob to really hit i could try a 3gram chew and see it the cob came thru, at about 1and1/2 grams i can near get a peaceful feeling after chewing from about 9:00am till late afternoon

mike-or-ozzy

This is some Acapulco Gold I have had curing since January.
The finish is stringy like cig rolling tobacco very aromatic and slightly moist.
The aromas are sweet floral and I'm sure would smoke smooth as silk.
View attachment 18934462 View attachment 18934461 View attachment 18934463

Then some more sweated Mulanje cob from 2021
Same plant left hand one unsweated right hand one sweated.
The unsweated is very aromatic pine, sweet floral aroma.
The sweated one very different deep funky sweet fermented fruits and had my attention as soon as I opened the bag ha ha.

View attachment 18934466 View attachment 18934465

Finally some ass kicking unsweated Mulanje from the short pheno with the one main central cola from 2021.

View attachment 18934467

It has a fermented sweet honey funk and tastes the same.
I overdosed on it first time I tested it today so I intent halving the dose so I can get a better idea of the high ha ha.

I get a buzz looking at those Tangewena, but must ask, did you take a bite out of this one? haahaaa, tis my new hobby these cobs. Thank you master for teaching as you do .

ost

No, swallowing is good! Some like to take an extra large dose and spit it out after chewing for a while. They get a more intense, but shorter high.

I've only tried it once myself, but I forgot to spit it out!
I just got a more intense and longer high😂

When i first started chewing, that's what I did. I just chewed it up until it was just liquid and then swallowed.
These days I tend to do it as if I had a wad of coca; I chew a bit and then put it in my check, periodically I rechew lightly, suck the juice and return it to the side of my cheek. Usually I feel the first effects within 15mins but may have the wad in my mouth for an hour. I'm still able to take a drink and keep the wad in place.

Happy chewing Brothers!
i just wasn't ready when that cob went down with my girl scout cookie

Tangwena

Veteran
I get a buzz looking at those Tangewena, but must ask, did you take a bite out of this one? haahaaa, tis my new hobby these cobs. Thank you master for teaching as you do .
Brother today I got the mix so perfect I've been on a mission from God all day. Its 7.30pm now and I'm still in euphoric energized bliss.
I dont think sleeping will be a problem I got so much shit done today I must be worn out I just dont know it haha.
This will be a perfect mix on my fishing expedition after Christmas. Clear the jetty! wild man coming through ha ha.
I think I def got my mojo back today ha ha.
Christmas is going to be a breeze to handle now ha ha.
Share the love brother spread the knowledge ha ha.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
seems i need a lot more cobs and more age on what i have!at this point i smoke too much for the cob to really hit i could try a 3gram chew and see it the cob came thru, at about 1and1/2 grams i can near get a peaceful feeling after chewing from about 9:00am till late afternoon
Stick to smoking it brother you cant do both.
Well not effectively anyway, just keep practicing and perfecting your technique, smoking it will be good enough for now.
Once you feel stopping smoking is the way to go for you, if you ever do stop. You will have chewing as your savior.
I was the same I smoked from about 13 to 50 years of age and some not too good hash at one stage with tobacco. I hated the tobacco and only used enough to burn the hash.
I stopped joints (never liked pipes) when the lungs started packing in and chewing it is now my joy.
I wish I had chewed from day one when I think how much good cob went up in smoke and got wasted.
But really good cobs are made for smoking pin joints of high quality buds in the first instance at least.
Nothing beats a pinner of primo cob if your a smoker ha ha.