What's new

Anyone else think the zombie apocolypse would be a cake walk?

BigJohnny

I love zombie genre movies/games/etc, but the more I think about it, the more I think that we wouldn't have too much to worry about.

Here's why;

Firstly, the zombies would rot. Since we know it's a virus and not magic then it stands to reason that after the muscle tissue has rotted to a certain degree the zombies would lack any form of locomotion.

Even if the virus/mutation somehow slowed rotting, even by a factor of 100, that would mean that eventually the zombies would "die" on their own. But, other people could become infected helping to keep the zombie population going, however because the population would be so sparse the number of "dying" zombies would outweigh the number of newly infected.

Secondly, they are slow moving, I don't care what any fiction has come up with, due to the lack of muscular structure there is no way that zombies could be runners.

Stay away from swarms and I'm pretty sure you could mow down zombies all day with relative safety.

Here's the big one though, something I haven't really seen mentioned anywhere, WINTER!

People down south, you're screwed..... but anywhere the temperature drops below freezing there would be frozen zombies.

Even if those zombies maintained consciousness they would be frozen and immobile, leaving them open for humans to slaughter them.

Add to that the fact that there would be no snow plows or any kind of snow removal services so it would be nigh impossible to move through the snow as a clumsy zombie, thus ensuring the non-infected's survival.

Now food obviously becomes an issue, but I think humans are smart enough to be able to work that out and there are ways to grow your own food....so I don't even think that would have as great an effect as you see in fiction.

So what are your guys thoughts on this matter?

GlandualFever

I'll have what he is smoking...

Well, you have a good point, but what about the bio-hazard element. The zombie outbreak would as you correctly stated be viral.. That means it can spread. The real question is at what rate it would spread! Can you outrun a virus, especially if it were airborne lets say!

BigJohnny

I'll have what he is smoking...

Well, you have a good point, but what about the bio-hazard element. The zombie outbreak would as you correctly stated be viral.. That means it can spread. The real question is at what rate it would spread! Can you outrun a virus, especially if it were airborne lets say!

That depends on it's life span outside of a host body. Most virii don't live long outside of their host environment, even airborne ones.

But there are also going to be immune people, or at least I'd like to think there would be so those people wouldn't even need to worry.....they'd be the ones trudging through the snow lighting bonfires from frozen zombies :)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
zombies are slow and stupid...but if they somehow started tweeking it could get interesting...yeehaw...I got my crossbow ready...

BigJohnny

zombies are slow and stupid...but if they somehow started tweeking it could get interesting...yeehaw...I got my crossbow ready...

I'm a big fan of mass execution myself, get as many in a group as you can then light'em up.

Or the funnel method where you get them to follow you down a long hallway or something then just lay them out one by one in a row.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
It would be easy if they were slow-moving. I'd use a cheap samurai sword to chop their heads off then make a big rack outside to put all my skulls on. In reality, I'd be hitting up a bunker.

Waldschrat

Is it proven that only a zombie can turn you into a zombie?
What if the disease is not spread only by the zombies, but by something else too.
Lets say rats, or fleas. Or marihuana plants!

Nice tread ;)

harold

zombies are a metaphor for the joe public, the living dead, the useful idiots, the worthless eaters, the unbegun (in the eyes of the elite)....

a zombie is a metaphor for human being in a desperate situation, this is why the military practice training drills on zombies = people in a crazed frenzy.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/pentagon-zombie-apocalypse/

Hollywood (the holy wood = magic wand), there is a dark programming to all this zombie propaganda. When the shit hits the fan, maybe people will resort to cannibalism?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The news this morning had a report on some college idiots made map of the country and how long it would take for the zombies to take over....they would eat San Franciso in 48 hours lol they said the safest places were Montana and Idaho hahaha
Some ppl have too much time in their hands lol

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Zombies = way too much time on your hands

Although I like the way they dance in the Thriller video ... I use that zombie wiggle on the basketball court

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
they found a gene in humans that could turn us to zombies

here is something i have been working on over the weekends

i know where ill be sitting :tiphat:

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
What I never understood bout zombie shows or movies is why the fuck do people stay on land? Steal a cruise ship from marina/shipyard problem solved.

Goldberry

I feel like you all need to be made aware of this movie which features frozen snow Nazi zombies...

Regardless, I like to think I would fare well in a zombie apocalypse on account of having a genuine bat'leth to wield.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I wouldn't mind the target practice,,, and I have always wondered how a headshot with my crossbow would be..320fps 119 fpsi..yeehaw...field tip vrs broadhead and maybe expanding tip just for fun as it prob wouldn't penetrate skull far....yeehaw

waveguide

Veteran
ballards crystal forest was slightly more interesting than zombie apocalypse, but i think production would limit the amount of sexual material that would make it worthy of televising (the actual spreader of zombie).

but given a zombie apocalypse, i'd probably spend a lot of time posting online in forums attempting to insinuate some critical perspective on cultural institutions and shit like that,

ghostmade

Veteran
zombies are a metaphor for the joe public, the living dead, the useful idiots, the worthless eaters, the unbegun (in the eyes of the elite)....

a zombie is a metaphor for human being in a desperate situation, this is why the military practice training drills on zombies = people in a crazed frenzy.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/pentagon-zombie-apocalypse/

Hollywood (the holy wood = magic wand), there is a dark programming to all this zombie propaganda. When the shit hits the fan, maybe people will resort to cannibalism?
agreed

Latest posts

Latest posts