Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > whole plant extraction

Thread Title Search
whole plant extraction Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 09:15 AM #1
WPA

WPA is on a distinguished road
whole plant extraction

Hey guys!

Former med grower and patient, went back to my day job after 502 went into effect and I didn't get a license.

I used to average about 1.25-1.5lbs of bud per light on a single ended bulb, but I never really kept detailed notes, and pretty much never weighed my trim. My trim used to bring anywhere from 12-18% yield, but I have never done a whole plant run.

I am wondering what you guys experience for total weight per light (bud and trim) and return on whole plant extraction.

I plan on only having the legally allowed amount of plants so I can only have 15 plants. I'm not breaking the bank buying from the rec store so I want to make sure it will make sense to start, but nothing is more frustrating than paying 40/g for shitty oil that looks good in the packaging and the budtender says its fire, but ends up being mids at best.
WPA is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 07-07-2018, 12:36 PM #2
Mengsk

Mengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the rough
Not sure about yield for a plant but I have found that when I do a better job like cleaner product and not a ton of butane the yield is lower but stronger, make of that what you will. The lower yield but high recovery and potency is a good thing if that makes sense.
Mengsk is online now Quote

Old 07-08-2018, 07:56 AM #3
WaterFarmFan

WaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to all
I separate my trim and flowers for a variety of reasons, including the ability to extract separately. With every strain having a different calyx to leaf ratio, it is difficult to say, but I would guess that trim adds about 20-25% to total weight of extract return. Something like this from a frosty single plant - 3 oz total dried flowers yields 20 grams extract with 1.5 oz of trim yielding another 6 grams. Some trim will be less than others.
WaterFarmFan is offline Quote