Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Thread Title Search
New extraction technique? Rosin tech? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2015, 03:38 PM #41
JColtrane

JColtrane is a jewel in the roughJColtrane is a jewel in the roughJColtrane is a jewel in the roughJColtrane is a jewel in the roughJColtrane is a jewel in the roughJColtrane is a jewel in the roughJColtrane is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Grayfox likes my wavy mane, so I don't have a hair straightener and will have to score one first.

Wonder who I can borrow one from, who wouldn't notice the aroma when I returned it?
Well this is the second project we need to get Bob involved on ... did you watch the youtube I posted ... the chinese's already got it fig'd out!!!
JColtrane is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 03-13-2015, 03:47 PM #42
theother

theother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the rough
This is worth trying
theother is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:20 PM #43
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Grayfox likes my wavy mane, so I don't have a hair straightener and will have to score one first.

Wonder who I can borrow one from, who wouldn't notice the aroma when I returned it?

i got a couple for me and my pa from a secondhand store for 3.99 each

Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 PM #44
smurfin'herb
Registered Cannabis User

smurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nice
I will also agree that this will be one of the new hot trends very shortly. Ive been pressing recently, and this stuff is very enjoyable, my wax and shatter just sit on the table. Probly sell it.

I have a shirt press in the works, but for now, a 2" flatiron hair straightener works great for small batches. Temps between 325 and 375 for most of my stuff. When you hear the crackle you still have 2 seconds left, when you see smoke its pretty much extracted. I do about 3-5 seconds total. I have recently been doing 2 short presses (press,harvest,press,harvest) , stopping when i hear the crackle/sizzle, but before i see smoke. This seems to give me the lighter better tasting product rather than trying to get it all in one press. The first press is always the best though.

It seems that this method does not work well with some types of flowers. Using wet product doesnt seem to work well either. I tried it on some 8 month old flowers and didnt get the kind of results that i do with fresher stuff. Maybe super dry resin glands arent good for this method.
Ideally you want something pretty fresh, relatively dense, with high resin production. A lot of folks are roasting eights only to get nothing. With my best cultivar, i am able to get around 10-12% yield. I have heard number as high as 15-16%.

Better sell your CLS machines quick, cuz this shits happenin! Bring on the solventless revolution!

Smurfs turf; 12 lights of Lemon G
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=298512

Tips for new growers; Cutting the curve...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=294173

Lets have a Deathstar thread!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....60#post3162660
smurfin'herb is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:52 PM #45
Bouldorado

Bouldorado will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
i got a couple for me and my pa from a secondhand store for 3.99 each
got mine brand new at wally world for 16 bucks
Bouldorado is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2015, 07:09 PM #46
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
i live in the sticks kinda, and the second hand store is much closer.

anyhow, a buddy of mine had some old dry stuff that wouldn't yield at all, and he got it a bit wet and it extracted some oil all of a sudden. so for you smurfin, try and add some moisture to the stuff that doesnt work and try again. it worked for me too a bit, but i got it too wet and had some water in that extract.

for some strains i think it has to be damper, but some strains will yield well very dry too. i have seen green crack and ogkush yield very well, and both were well dried/semi cured product.

another key tip, at least for me is that everything needs to be pressed at least twice with the hair flattener method. even 3-4 times on some pieces, and i usually always fold the flattened puck twice to a 1/4 the size but 4 times the thickness for the second press.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:47 PM #47
Sunfire

Sunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really niceSunfire is just really nice
Yes, sell your cls, do exactly that. I'll just be over here, not spending all day to make an ounce.
Sunfire is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2015, 09:56 PM #48
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

do what you like, except condescending

Old 03-13-2015, 10:04 PM #49
Roji

Roji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the rough
I predict good rosin will retail for upwards of 150/gram in the beginning.
Roji is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2015, 10:49 PM #50
smurfin'herb
Registered Cannabis User

smurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nicesmurfin'herb is just really nice
Thanks for the info KUT. Ill give er a shot. I let a friend try some for the first time last night, and he called me the next morning and said the rest of his day was shot after he left. Im sure he already purchased a flat iron and is making some as we speak. Stuff must have left an impression. lol

Smurfs turf; 12 lights of Lemon G
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=298512

Tips for new growers; Cutting the curve...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=294173

Lets have a Deathstar thread!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....60#post3162660
smurfin'herb is offline Quote