What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can my buds spread COVID ???

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I was just wondering if I have Covid while trimming, could I spread covid to my friends that I give bud to. I've been leaving it outside for them to pick up,( absolutely no contact) but now I'm concerned the covid might be on the buds.
Any one have any idea??:chin:

G

I was just wondering if I have Covid while trimming, could I spread covid to my friends that I give bud to. I've been leaving it outside for them to pick up,( absolutely no contact) but now I'm concerned the covid might be on the buds.
Any one have any idea??:chin:

As of several months ago, FDA, CDC, MedScape, etc. (one or all), stated that there was a low risk for transmission via food, and I would assume this applies to vegetable matter, as well. The source stated there was "no evidence" of food-born transmission.

I perceive 'low risk' to be slightly less of a relief than 'no risk,' but also acknowledge this is a 'novel virus,' meaning there's room for us to have 'what we think we know' compete with what we really know.'

That, and my earlier reading (like 6+ months ago), had an earlier variant of CORONA virus remaining viable for 2 years while frozen.

So for now, there's this...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/food-and-COVID-19.html

Nonetheless, we disinfect almost everything that comes into our home, whether hardware or groceries; if it can be disinfected before entering our abode, it is.

G

I think money is the real offender.

Remember 50-60 years ago when our mothers told us to not put coins and bills in our mouths? Then the early 1990s, when it was announced that over 90% of currency in the US had drug residue on it, and some of us thought about elaborate extraction schemes, failing to consider that if we were going to have all that money to extract from, we probably wouldn't need all of that money to extract from?

And the repeat epiphany wherein all of those bills having drug residue meant that most or all of them had been up someone else's nose, and the law of averages dictated that we only personally knew a few of them, and we probably didn't want to swap boogers with them orally, even if we DID know them.

Hence, and thanks to the medical professional folks in my family, but I think the cash and the plastic baggies are the greater threats here, and that's why even (especially) coins and cash get wiped down at our home.

But I suspect the real profit to be made would be in offering a coin and cash cleaning service at the local retail outlets. money laundering at its finest, if you will. :)

Another (All-American??) niche market is born...

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Thanks ya'll

Thanks ya'll

Was that really a stupid question, I mean, being mistaken for Yummybud????:redface: I guess I'm just freaking out like everybody else. I don't want to get my friends sick, if I can avoid it. This virus is changing the way we smoke. no more :smoke out: now its just :joint: Kind of a lonely virus.
I washed all my jars in the dishwasher and packing it with gloves on.

St. Phatty

Moral of the Story

Smoke the bud, or cook with it.

Do not rub it on the inside of your (friend's) nose, or on your (friend's) eye.

Covid19 is a fascinating little dust particle. It behaves a little like a gas.

One of my introductions to dust is the marble & granite yards in the San Diego area.

There the dust is visible. It would get in buds. You touch marble & granite dust with a sticky bud, some of that dust will stick to the bud.

You spend enough time there, it will get in your hair.

Covid19 is a really really small dust particle. Until I hear otherwise I will estimate it as being about as dense as water.

Regardless of the exact density, just think of a water molecule with that unique "Velcro" surface.

It just kind of looks FLOATY.

But if you talk to fluid dynamics etc. people, they might not use the term floaty. They do have terms to describe floati-ness.

They will probably be talking about how Covid19 spreads at conferences for decades.

Anyway I think that shape with the fuzzballs sticking out, and density near water, results in a particle that behaves like a gas. Not like your normal marble or granite dust particle. Not like the I live next to a big forest and there is dust fucking EVERYWHERE, dust.

Sort of like the weight of a water molecule was spread out over a larger surface, so it's sort of like a FEATHER ? - - does that make any sense.

- - -

But if you actually coughed on a specific bud, I would keep it for yourself. Maybe cook with it or smoke it.

We would need something like a Scanning Electron Microscope to see the Covid19 virus/dust particles on the bud.

I looked it up once but I would be happy to be proven wrong. a 60 nanometer particle is too small to resolve using optical lens ?

Wouldn't it make a great macro, Covid19 dust particles on Cannabis bud.

G

Was that really a stupid question, I mean, being mistaken for Yummybud????:redface: I guess I'm just freaking out like everybody else. I don't want to get my friends sick, if I can avoid it. This virus is changing the way we smoke. no more :smoke out: now its just :joint: Kind of a lonely virus.
I washed all my jars in the dishwasher and packing it with gloves on.

When it concerns others' or your own health, there are no stupid questions, only impatient sources for answers.

Johns-Hopkins and others earlier had listed solid surfaces, and the duration in time the C-19 virus was assumed to remain viable on them.

While we continue to assume that many of the statements in these releases were, in fact, accurate, a similar number of resources shortly thereafter discounted the degree of risk in passing the virus between persons, via contaminated surfaces.

Bearing in mind the difference between the resources stating there is a 'low risk,' versus stating there is 'no risk.'

That all stated, we still don't eat take-out now since about mid-March... and while I miss hot sour soup, chicken gizzards, sushi, and deep-fried mushrooms, I really like the thought of knowing the hygiene practices of the persons who cooked our grub and grew our weed... Mostly... me.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm very sorry to meander from the thread but you go out to eat chicken gizzards moose? I've never even heard the most redneck hillbillies in GA going out to eat gizzards.is there a special way they cook them? I'm sorry to derail the thread but that's a new one for me.nothing wrong with it.im just curious

And I agree about the money.my dad was saying the same thing.whats odd to me is that places will take cash but not cards.that boggles the heck out of me.it happened at a couple places by me

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I suppose no matter what, there will be some risk involved.

Every thanksgiving, my mother takes the innards out of the turkey and cooks them separate and eats them. Gizzards and all. Can't imagine ordering them at a restaurant. :puke:

G

That's why I was curious.ive never seen that on any menu.meant no offense moose.

No offense taken, 'hawk, from either of you.

The deep-fried gizzards are more of a deli item, when I encounter them. Been eating them since I was a kid. I was in my mid-50s when I learned they were a standard Southern thing; fellow in the deli asked me if I'd lived in the deep south, as related to my gizzard intake.

"Nope, just grew up eating them, and only lived in a limited part of Florida as an infant/toddler, for a very brief period, so more likely something my folks were into."

Admittedly, I use turkey giblets in both the oyster stuffing, and in the turkey gravy at Thanksgiving time, if I get my way and we have oyster stuffing (with giblets, water chestnuts, sometimes wild rice, etc.).

But no, no deli food, restaurant food, or any other food that hasn't been prepared by one of us who lives here; not since March of 2020. And no house guests inside the home since then, either.

And, assuming those who believe COVID transmits mo' betta' in colder air than in room temp air, and MedScape's published report/observation re. C-19 morphing to become even more contagious than previously believed, it made perfect sense that it was a chilly -34 f. on my front porch yesterday morning, and only a bit warmer than that earlier today.

2020 is stacking up to go down as potentially being an all-time shitty year among shitty years, during which the 'surprises' simply don't slow down.

Latest posts

Latest posts