What's new

What are the genetics of PRE98 BUBBA KUSH?

daheadies

poppin' outta control
hi all,
I dont know how the search feature on IC is working for everyone else but it has not worked for me last few times I tried.

Sooo, what are the genetics of the pre98?

What are the genetics of other bubba's?

R

raypack

Who knows. My favorite theory says it's a Master Kush that was renamed because some people didn't like the slavery connotations of the word "master".

growhi

its a hermie northanlights that pollinated a kush , bubba comes from a slag word used in cali' my bubba' bub ! .......... so the story gos ! but how knows

C

Chong_Irie

I've heard it's Oregon Affy...NL X Kush and the least likely (IMO) Bubblegum x Kush.
After 98 it got crossed with something if i remember correctly. That's where the Katsu cut comes in.

growhi

its all hype and catchy names , when it comes to clones i dont buy into it , i prefure poping seeds and finding winning phenos !!

daheadies

poppin' outta control
its all hype and catchy names , when it comes to clones i dont buy into it , i prefure poping seeds and finding winning phenos !!

The only thing is clones are the thing that are 100% consistent from one to the next.. whereas seeds each pheno is different, some not resembling the particular "strain ideology" what so ever. So naming clones makes sense.. naming seed's does not, other than naming the genetics (sd x og, etc)

As long as you have a super solid source that knows their shit and has been in it awhile, clone passing w/ appropriate name has seemed pretty successful for me.. Its when I start buying clones from dispensaries that I get a bunch of BS. (Not to discredit buying beans! Its one of my favorite things to do in the world and is can be very successful w/ good stable genetics..)

Thank you Chong for clairifying that. I figured afghani but Oregon Afghani seemed funny to me and I second guessed myself

growhi

The only thing is clones are the thing that are 100% consistent from one to the next.. whereas seeds each pheno is different, some not resembling the particular "strain ideology" what so ever. So naming clones makes sense.. naming seed's does not, other than naming the genetics (sd x og, etc)

As long as you have a super solid source that knows their shit and has been in it awhile, clone passing w/ appropriate name has seemed pretty successful for me.. Its when I start buying clones from dispensaries that I get a bunch of BS. (Not to discredit buying beans! Its one of my favorite things to do in the world and is can be very successful w/ good stable genetics..)

Thank you Chong for clairifying that. I figured afghani but Oregon Afghani seemed funny to me and I second guessed myself

but the names ant appropriate in most case's ,there basically ridiculous , id even go as far as to say a clones success is based as much on how catchy the name is, than how good the smoke is !

i prefer having something unique, i don't want what everyone has, i guarantee you will find better plants poping seeds than buying clones

growhi

What about S1 they should be an exact copy of the mother correct>>

from the s1's iv poped there are lots of differing phenos , witch is exactly what i want thats half the fun of growing finding and discovering !!

take bubba kush for an example its basically a bog standard indica, akin to indica cross's most seed banks have , powerfull knock out stone !

if it was called hermie northan X kush we wouldnt even be talking about it !

a catchy name is key ! ........... not always the case but mostly is

R

raypack

What about S1 they should be an exact copy of the mother correct>>

No.

Genes come in pairs. One from the mother, one from the father. It could be written down like this for an individual gene pair: "MomDad".

When you do an S1 (MomDad x MomDad) the possible results in the children for this gene pair will be "MomMom", "MomDad", "DadMom", and "DadDad".

So basically there are four options. But this doesn't mean that the S1 will only give four different types of plants because cannabis has many different gene pairs that control different things. Therefore the number of possible different combinations is huge.

So an S1 is pretty much just like any other seed.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
a long long time ago a coffee plant was pollinated by a chronic plant and pre 98 bubba was born :joint:

S

symbiote420

I grew NL #1, 2, and 5 for a long time, grew Katsu, and pre98 as well, I don't see NL genes anywhere in the growth or structure of the bubba, not saying the story's not true, it's just funny to me how strains with blurry backgrounds five or ten years down the road the genetics get revealed...(e.g. NL, Chemdawg, etc.) The pre98 is good erb no matter what it's true origins are!

daheadies

poppin' outta control
What does the Katsu taste like?? I have tried the pre98 and another that is very very sweet and delicious.. dunno if the 2nd wast katsu or what

Latest posts

Latest posts