What's new

purp from humbult pics

G

to answer some of your questions Nspecta.

the farthest i have traced bubba back is about 6 years to my friend who has had it that long, he does not know how old it was before he got it. But, him having the cut pre-dates the whole orgnkid bubba kush scene that popped up a couple years ago. my friend has had it longer and he is in norcal, so i think it orginates from that area proably being a good expression of an old kush line. (although i have heard there are some pure m/f bubba kush beans still around in some peoples hands)

i think deep chunk were beans that were passed around the norcal community. i just think tomhill was the outsxtanding individual to keep breeding the strain continuously over the past 25 or 30 years. there was another individual that went by the name of Tug had the deep skunk 9 or ds9 i think a few years back on OG. his ds9 is speculated to be the same or just different breeding takes on the smae line as deep chunk. i dont have personal experience with the ds9, so i cant make any claims.

its been a long speculation of the possible OPT or similar genetics beign related to the purple indica/urkle line. the purps from cannabible is not one in the same with the real purple lines IMO ^^^. i think its a weak hybrid at best. i dont know what skunkafryed is talkin about.

G

Nspecta GT said:
CBF~ Does anyone know whereabouts Bubba Kush originates from...I've heard it's not from SoCal?

I have no idea even whats in it, let alone where its from. i think its a renamed strain outta the triangle, like a bunch of other stuff floatin around.

Here's a quick ?...Is Deep Chunk 'Tom's Genetics' or was Deep Chunk 'shared' genetics around NorCal/SoOrg?

from Toms first post on OG he claims their his genes which he has worked for quite some time. I believe him. have bits and pieces the DC was involved in a few different strains that im sure you would reconize. some are commin back and floatin around the community....tarantula, deep skunk,.......Im sure his work is all over up there, as he grows lots of other shared strains from that area.

really do think quite a bit of the new stuff is old hippie stuff, thats been grown forever, there done with it, so now we get a taste, LOL.....there smokin all new shit we aint even heard of.

Im just now flowerin out my first TW, Romulan, sourdeez, bubba, NYCD, hopefully some purp soon. like you said its been around 15 yrs or better.

CBF

G

Really Good Info guys, all around. Its amazing to me how much misinformation one has too sift through in order to get to the facts. I am sure as most on this thread would agree, as it is nice to know what you are using in your breeding regimen's. Or should I elaborate and say, know as much as you can.

Also, here are a couple quotes I dug up from various Reputable PM's. I am sure a few of you will know who they originated from.

"The dc is not the same as the tarantula or the deep skunk9, but it was a component of these hybrids.

Folks are getting the DS9 & the Tranch pedigrees mixed up. It is Tarantula, a BC1 ((Indian X Afghan) X Afghan) & Deep Skunk 9, an F1 (Indian X Afghan).."

The above afghan being DC.

On a sandstorm side note:

I would love to get my hands on some pure Chitral, from Charlie of Cannabiogen, as that is where all the color comes from in his crosses. It is definately more dominant color-wise, than its Morroccan counterpart. As those following my thread at OG, 5/6 ladies display color to varying degrees. The one above pic being the most pronounced. I plan on a few Bx'es, so I will isolate it(color) one way or the other.

Nspecta- If interested in that sandstrom, drop me a PM.

Finally, anyone from this thread going to the 420, please PM me so we can hook up and talk some shop at some point.

ES

humanbean420 said:
man skunkafryed your crazzy bro talking about purp having diffrent phenos from one mom that cant happen,

With the strain I'm talking about it not only can but does. I know more then a few growing it in humbolt (garberville and Arcata) and they have all said that different phenos (4) come through from the same clone/mom *which I had never heard before). It was called "purps" and was damn near solid purple and some were swirled green/purple like you pics. Some were like the solid purp that Nspecta posted. I have no idea because I havent grow thier clone out but I can say it fit Jason kings description to a tee. Best pot I've smoked yet. 15 years worth from a daily chronic head.

Killer pics all the way around.

G

hey skunk.i see diff plants from clone right here with a few clones between my grow and my buddies.

CBF

G

one of these days ima figure out how to grow feckin Phat bud like that:yes:

the bud dwarfs the leaf, very nice plant IGT.

all the purps, i cant remember nothin at all on any of um, lol. enjoyed your thread on CW. very informative, its were I learned what the hell the purps even were.

CBF

G

Hey NGT :wave: What is the strain of that pic(the Purp?)?Sorry if you said already and i missed it.DWW :canabis:

I'd have to agree on different setups/rooms getting drastically different results. What ever I got that they called "purps" was it was the best pot Ive ever smoked. Unreal stuff. Killer in every way.

Thanks for the info regarding this mystery strain. She is my fav smoke.

Peace

WickedOne

The purps

The purps

I have had a taste of something called the purps. The source wasn't reliable but if its the same one the buzz is body type and the flavor is like deep blueberry jam similar to afghani crosses.