What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R. Crumb

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I watched a special about his family not long ago. He is the STRAIGHT member of his family. You should see his Mother and his Brother. OMG!!!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Damn, I thought this was gonna be another RIP thread, phew!

Happy birthday señor Crumb! :tiphat:

B

bench warmer

A decent quality film of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers/Fat Freddy’s Cat is seriously overdue.

If I could cast such a movie I’d choose:

•Willy Nelson as Free-Wheelin Franklin
• Reggie Watts as Phineas
•Jonah Hill as Fat Freddy.

Fat Freddy’s cat would have to be CGI.

picture.php

Last edited:
T

Teddybrae

I thought he must be older than that. I particularly like the 65 year old hippie. the one who has had thousands of bad acid trips but isn't giving up yet!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
A decent quality film of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers/Fat Freddy’s Cat is seriously overdue.

If I could cast such a movie I’d choose:

•Willy Nelson as Free-Wheelin Franklin
• Reggie Watts as Phineas
•Jonah Hill as Fat Freddy.

Fat Freddy’s cat would have to be CGI.

View Image

MEMEME! i wanna be Country Cowfreak if the spot aint taken...:biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Teddybrae - "I particularly like the 65 year old hippie. the one who has had thousands of bad acid trips but isn't giving up yet!"

dude...NOBODY likes a quitter...:biggrin:

B

bench warmer

I just remembered Crumb didn’t create the Freak Brothers; it was Gilbert Shelton.

In the same vain of thought (movie-wise), it would be cool to see a Mr Natural movie or an updated Fritz the Cat.

M

moose eater

Happy birthday.

AT LAST!!

An aging hippies thread!! I was starting to feel like the IC mag of old was buried some place. But nope!! Some of you are hiding in here!

I ate a few pieces of paper back in the day with that image of Mr. Natural on them, Gry. That, and some of the ones that had the Sorcerer's Apprentice, too.

Wonder if he ever got a percentage of the proceeds for the MN? Copyrights and all... ;^>)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Happy birthday.

AT LAST!!

An aging hippies thread!! I was starting to feel like the IC mag of old was buried some place. But nope!! Some of you are hiding in here!

well, they say that your memory is the first thing to go. none of us realized it was Shelton instead of Crumb doing FF Bros, so... :biggrin: i can't remember what the second thing to go wrong was supposed to be. :tiphat:

M

moose eater

well, they say that your memory is the first thing to go. none of us realized it was Shelton instead of Crumb doing FF Bros, so... :biggrin: i can't remember what the second thing to go wrong was supposed to be. :tiphat:

The second thing to go?

Not sure if it's -THE- second thing to depart... but...

Being able to score at a concert or street fair when you look like everybody's aged grandpa.:biggrin:

I think that's the second thing to go. Maybe even the 1st.

And dignity. When the folks you approach at said events suspect you of being a UC, all the while you know you've seen more weed, etc., than most of them ever dreamt of. But you're not gonna' blurt that stuff out. :biggrin:

The indignity of aging!!

brickweeder

great throwback thread. For a Freak Brothers movie...imo, it has to be animated in the original style of the comic books...live action will jack it up.