What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain

H

HaHaHashish

I just can't comprehend just how dark and deep the hole must be that makes a person think that offing themselves is the best choice..I just can't get my head around that.

Anyway, like many posters here, I really enjoyed watching and listening to Bourdain, to say I miss him is an understatement.I have read just about every article about him since his death and have re-watched several Parts Unknown, his death has affected me like no other celebrity. Among the hordes of fakes, he was smart, funny, real and very likable, which is why he is so missed.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Well he probably had a contract with CNN to keep doing those shows. If he was so depressed, angry and upset, he couldn't be himself and continue to do his work the same. It seems to me it had a lot to do with his girlfriend.

insomniac_AU

Asia Argento ‘paid off’ sexual assault accuser

Asia Argento ‘paid off’ sexual assault accuser

PROMINENT Harvey Weinstein accuser Asia Argento settled a sexual assault claim with an underage actor in 2017, new reports claim.
The New York Times reports the actress paid former child star Jimmy Bennett $US380,000 ($AU520,410) just months after she came forward and accused Weinstein of sexually assaulting her...

...his initial notice of intent to sue asking Argento for $US3.5 million ($AU4.7 million) in damages for emotional distress, battery and assault.
Argento agreed to pay Bennett $US380,000 over an 18 month period, with her lawyer Carrie Goldberg describing the money as “helping Mr Bennett”...

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/1c867deb2b28a0240b5298a2a785a044

EvergreenState

Tony was a really bad alcoholic who had really bad friends and family. They repeatedly encouraged his heavy drinking; as you could see on any episode of his show. The amount of alcohol he used to consume and was encoraged to consume, was freightening. With friends and family, who encouraged a man who had addiction problems, to feed his alcohol addiction, was what caused his death.

Badfishy1

PROMINENT Harvey Weinstein accuser Asia Argento settled a sexual assault claim with an underage actor in 2017, new reports claim.
The New York Times reports the actress paid former child star Jimmy Bennett $US380,000 ($AU520,410) just months after she came forward and accused Weinstein of sexually assaulting her...

...his initial notice of intent to sue asking Argento for $US3.5 million ($AU4.7 million) in damages for emotional distress, battery and assault.
Argento agreed to pay Bennett $US380,000 over an 18 month period, with her lawyer Carrie Goldberg describing the money as “helping Mr Bennett”...

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/1c867deb2b28a0240b5298a2a785a044

Won’t lie, kind of fun watching Hollywood cannibalize itself!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Anthony was murdered the more I look into it.

Nah, major depression,isolation more likely fueled by alcohol leading to suicide. And no, the Clinton's were not involved even though they supported Weinstein. <He'll get his due diligence.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Been watching Parts Unknown a lot lately. Still hard to believe the dude is gone. On the outside it seemed like he had the perfect life. Got to travel the world and kick it with so many cool people, not to mention eat the best food the world had to offer. Just goes to show you never know what someone is going through.

I

Ignignokt

Been watching Parts Unknown a lot lately. Still hard to believe the dude is gone. On the outside it seemed like he had the perfect life. Got to travel the world and kick it with so many cool people, not to mention eat the best food the world had to offer. Just goes to show you never know what someone is going through.

As beautiful and vast as the world can seem it can be just as vast but not so beautiful on the inside when it comes to depression and other mental illness. :frown:

I am reminded of this every day.