Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > How long are folks flushing?

Thread Title Search
How long are folks flushing? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2018, 05:51 PM #1
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of light
How long are folks flushing?

I grow in 3-5 gal containers of coco and have done anything from 10 days to no flush. I usually do 5-7 days. I have tried flawless finish but prefer plain water phed to 6.1-6.2. I have read of people going 2 weeks and I like the idea just looking for what others have experienced. Thanks.
Itsmychoice is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:11 PM #2
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
What is your definition of flushing?

If you mean just using plain water til the end of flower, I usually do that for the final week... That would be the last 2 watering's
MrBungle is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM #3
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah that is all I mean, plain water or any of the products out there like flawless finish. Your question did get me reading about it and it seems the idea is not as decided as I believed so I might need to do a side by side to recheck my beliefs.
Itsmychoice is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:14 PM #4
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
A week of plain water
madalasatori is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2018, 11:04 PM #5
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
I go from ten to fourteen days depending on whether or not I manage to avoid burning them.

If it's a finicky strain and I over feed or if it was just a heavy feeder I usually flush a full two weeks.

I pH my water and soak the pots then wait an hour and put half the volume through.

Next watering I again put half the pot volume through then just to normal spec after that.

I find using pH adjusted water helps get the salts out of the coco better and lets the plant use what it has left naturally.

If I use plain water I find the salts not really rinsing as well or maybe the plant not metabolizing what it has left as efficiently.

Whatever the case the better the fade the better the flava!

Happy harvests!!
mean mr.mustard is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:10 AM #6
Fuel

Fuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of lightFuel is a glorious beacon of light
The whole process take me the last week in coco, but i prepare it weeks before. I don't start from "full throttle" dosages.
Fuel is online now Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 05:20 AM #7
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
I flush 14 days. I just started last night actually. I find that best to give me the fade I'm looking for. I don't run any medium either so the switch to plain water is immediate as there are no trace nutrients.
Here's an example of what 14 days flush does.
This is day 42 of flower, start of flush.

This is day 56 after 14 days plain water.

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:27 AM #8
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
I just had an eyegasm
mean mr.mustard is online now Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 07:05 AM #9
Mlewis1987

Mlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really nice
Nice looking plants insomniac. That’s really impressive. I can’t ever get quite that fade on mine. I’m actually mid flush right now about 5 more days to go. I think I need to start sooner. You read so much conflicting reports on coco and flushing or whatever you want to call it. Plain water feeding. This time I tried plain water and hygrozyme so we will see what comes of it here in a few days. Anyways thanks for sharing guys
Mlewis1987 is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 07:13 AM #10
Ignignokt

Ignignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to all
Meh.... no flush.

(sorry, i grow in soil, i didn't realize it's in the coco section)
Ignignokt is online now Quote