Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > California > Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Thread Title Search
Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2018, 04:49 AM #5981
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
2+ years? I don't think anyone is keeping stuff that long. "Last last year's" lol. I am talking about 1 year. You know how people get stuck selling their 2 year lbs for 300$? They refused to take 600$ in July.

It absolutely losses some off the nose getting bone dry and rehydrating. Once it is bone dry it should be sealed so terps stop evaporating to minimize it. I use a trim machine so my stuff needs to be below 10% moisture to trim. But it starts oxidizing in a couple months if not fully dry. Even with nitrogen sealing or oxygen absorber packs.
I let it dry on the rack. Then i put it in cardboard boxes until it gets trimmed. I use a moisture meter and it won't be trimmed until it's 10% moisture or less. After trimming it's sealed. The faster that happens, the better the nose will be.

When it's time to go to market i will put it in a room with a humidifier to slightly rehydrate. I bet its about 15% moisture when it goes to market.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

Old 07-13-2018, 05:09 AM #5982
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgrow View Post
I do grow and I do buy, sell and supply cannabis and cannabis related goods. I have establish clients and I am established in my market.

Peddle- try to sell (something, especially small goods) by going from house to house or place to place.

Peddle is when someone sells small time goods and has to "hustle"(troll treads, make fake prices) always working to "make that deal". Most always peddlers are also lairs and cheats anything that will bring in an extra buck.

and now... back to Cali prices. A major part of my business lately is buying old grow ops and reselling them at low prices and scrap prices. Today part of a mid sized grow also came with a good amount of cannabis about 20 different flavors all trimmed and packaged 1-2 years old. $200 lb most of it will be used for concentrates.
Well shit, me too. I guess im not a peddlin tweaker according to you anymore.

Boutiques 17 to 18. Og, glue, ect, 14 to 16. Just watched 10 top shelf og ins go for 14000. Established relationship.

If it looks p loaded no one that knows any better will touch it.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2018, 05:14 AM #5983
Mountain Sprout

Mountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the roughMountain Sprout is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendull C. View Post
If it looks p loaded no one that knows any better will touch it.
Will you describe what p loaded looks like?
Mountain Sprout is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2018, 05:32 AM #5984
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Well, take a beautiful nug of sfv. The calyxes are huge almost to the point you can snap a few off a bud and get a good hit. The nug has foxtails and a classic triangular shape when you snap a nug off the cola or my favorite, right below the dominant bud.

P load a plant in the same room, the nugs round out, get unusually dense for an og and have noticiably shorter internodes. I call them grenades. Also, a pound of nug is slightly larger than a football when turkey bagged. The only strain I have personally seen not p loaded that makes football pounds is forum and other cookies.

Once you know how it looks, you wont forget. If you know the strains characteristics in the first place.

It is great for weight, if thats all you are after. But bad for consumption.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:16 AM #5985
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Well, take a beautiful nug of sfv. The calyxes are huge almost to the point you can snap a few off a bud and get a good hit. The nug has foxtails and a classic triangular shape when you snap a nug off the cola or my favorite, right below the dominant bud.

P load a plant in the same room, the nugs round out, get unusually dense for an og and have noticiably shorter internodes. I call them grenades. Also, a pound of nug is slightly larger than a football when turkey bagged. The only strain I have personally seen not p loaded that makes football pounds is forum and other cookies.

Once you know how it looks, you wont forget. If you know the strains characteristics in the first place.

I know what you are talking about. My friend pulled down an indoor run of glue. It was like this. The glue was rock hard, little nose. Nothing like glue should be. I was like wtf. He used a "bud hardner" and had his c02 cranked up. The buds never really looked ripe even though it was way passed when glue should be harvested. It sucked
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:11 PM #5986
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really niceNoonin NorCal is just really nice
Quote:

SFVOG, is dense no matter what. they should be rock hard nugs
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2018, 05:09 AM #5987
Wendull C.

Yeah, I agree. I said unusually dense.

The best way I can put it is you have regular stick to your ribs bisquits. Then you have break a window bisquits.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:31 PM #5988
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to all
Having just read the legal grow in Washington thread It is obvious what lies ahead for California growers as well as just about any other state that goes legal. 200 per pound with named strains grown well all turned to concentrates. The OP in that thread sees the same price for pot as hops which is 20$/#.

Now, I'm not in Cali, and I don't sling wholesale and I really don't know the lay of the land, but I can see the way the wind blows. This thread started with prices in the 4-5K a unit range back in 2011. Now they are down to 1k or less (for the most part) with no sign of a bottom. Evidence says $200/ unit are already in play and California is coming on line with major acreage, at the same time Colorado, Oregon and Washington are pumping out product in abundance.

Not trying to stir a shitstorm, but any discussion of trends and FUTURE pricing will have to include the reality of the situation, which is deflationary in the extreme. I grew gourmet mushrooms indoors on a large scale for many years. At first it was all good prices, support for local growers. niche market, boutique agriculture, but in the end any kitchen manager could order up all the mushrooms they want, looking just as good as mine, grown by corporate farms with unlimited capital to scale up to any need at prices I could not even produce for, much less profit from.

Good luck guys. It's a tough world out there.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:56 PM #5989
Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant futureStorm Shadow has a brilliant future
this thread is 50% bullshit and paranoia

The dudes with no Confidence in their game will be the first to hang up them cleats

6 members found this post helpful.