What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Not So Solventless Clear Concentrate From Harborside!

UNREGISTRD

So Theres alot of threads around the internet about these guys shady works and experiments on us patients and I figured we should get as much truth to the situation as possible!! Lets get the cat out the bag!
I think they really put there foot in there mouth when they entered 4 entries in the la cannabis cup that all looked and smelled very similiar! It was pretty obvius whose stuff that was in the judges pack! And then you look at the solventless judges pack and theres "Clear" in there as well! You can see on there instagram @theclearscientist that he claims theres 90% raw terps...:laughing:

Im not sure about you but I Smoke THC from the herb I grew myself not the manufactured terps this guy is using and selling to people..
Please educate yourselves before you hate on this post as well for im sure theres lots of opinions.. I wanna hear them all!!:dance013:

sadly when you start to see big business get into the game, you can expect more stuff like this.

this is part of the reason the partners are breaking up at clear... minor changes in descriptors that implies very different things. solventless versus solvent free. their product is derived from solvent extraction, butane, but I believe the distillation process gives a solvent free end product if that makes sense.

the basically can take crappy oil and refine through a particular distillation process I can't share and then they add back terps. I'd like to believe the terps they add back in are naturally derived, but I don't know the answer.

I don't think it is any different than a lot of stuff we consume that is processed and made to taste/smell a particular way. Unless you eat all raw foods or are vegan, you probably have experienced this process with no negative consequences.

is it natural, god no, but little is anymore unless you grow it yourself

Kozmo

Veteran
Move grass, grow food!!!

Smoke grass, eat food!!!

Organic. Grow your own...

mack 10

Veteran
this sounds nasty, cleaning dirty oil then adding fake terp's to trick your sense's..
Whats wrong with proper organic grown to make the headiest?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
not at all Krunch, but I know people who are working on the same process and they would rather me not explain it all.

What ever the hoopla is, wont be secret long, if it IS even a secret....

People are ridiculous these days....

well, the process has been around forever, but it obviously took clear quite some time to get it dialed in. The people I know just asked me not to disclose it all and I am being respectful of that. It isn't ridiculous, it is just being respectful.

if you liked it, keep smoking it. i do think the solventless vs solvent free was misleading and I guess that led to things falling apart with the partners. I think if they had been straight up about it rather than misleading, people would have been cool about it. live and learn

UNREGISTRD

sadly when you start to see big business get into the game, you can expect more stuff like this.

this is part of the reason the partners are breaking up at clear... minor changes in descriptors that implies very different things. solventless versus solvent free. their product is derived from solvent extraction, butane, but I believe the distillation process gives a solvent free end product if that makes sense.

the basically can take crappy oil and refine through a particular distillation process I can't share and then they add back terps. I'd like to believe the terps they add back in are naturally derived, but I don't know the answer.

I don't think it is any different than a lot of stuff we consume that is processed and made to taste/smell a particular way. Unless you eat all raw foods or are vegan, you probably have experienced this process with no negative consequences.

is it natural, god no, but little is anymore unless you grow it yourself

As expected with any game we play in life! Great response RB!

Im sure alot of us extract artists would love to turn our crap/old bho into some bomb gold product but at what expense? Maybe im completly off here just like you said..Is it bad for us? Maybe NOT I mean shit we all eat sushi! But I do know that If i have a choice Id much rather smoke Real weed than the fake synthetic shit.
So whats the difference with oil? We gunna be smoking olive oil next??
Im bout to make sum BHO PILLS with my old Bho see how it turns out! Maybe ill add sum gold food coloring and olive oil and call it "CLEAR"...

Drue Bleam

As expected with any game we play in life! Great response RB!

Im sure alot of us extract artists would love to turn our crap/old bho into some bomb gold product but at what expense? Maybe im completly off here just like you said..Is it bad for us? Maybe NOT I mean shit we all eat sushi! But I do know that If i have a choice Id much rather smoke Real weed than the fake synthetic shit.
So whats the difference with oil? We gunna be smoking olive oil next??
Im bout to make sum BHO PILLS with my old Bho see how it turns out! Maybe ill add sum gold food coloring and olive oil and call it "CLEAR"...
From what I hear...
http://www.greenterpene.com/d_Limonene_Orange_Terpenes_Food_Grade_p/001005527.htm

http://www.greenterpene.com/GreenTerpene_d_Limonene_Terpenes_s/20.htm

Not sure if Harborside is guilty of this. I'm not going to make claims about their shit, I've never tried it.

thank you Unreg

That is kind of the cool thing about what clear is doing... they are taking crappy oil and refining. Imagine how much mediocre weed will be produced by corporate farms in the future that can then be cleaned up and made to look/smell really nice. Sadly this is the future of marijuana once corporations get involved... processed oil to the masses :/

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
man oh man what a depressing thought. but if we look at the legal cig industry and how they grow their tobacco. also how they add 150 different additives to the end product you have to realize the RB is probably right. when it gets 100% legal the flavors will probably be synthetically added after the fact. they will use every allowed pesticide and fertilizer and make up for the shit quality they achieve with chemical flavorings and synthetic thc etc.