Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Dangers of Neem Oil

Thread Title Search
Dangers of Neem Oil Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 PM #11
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I've noticed all the people with CHS I've come across (who have very bad symptoms), are also suffering from overblown H.Pylori infections in their gut. This is much more common in places with poor quality food like the USA.

Those who are not sensitive, you'll still hear them bitch about football injuries and such flaring up... within a couple days of beginning to use cannabis with neem/aza on it. It causes muscle tension all over your body. Just not a lot for those non-sensitive. Digestion issues you'd attribute to 2 days of too many chips and such, it's rather subtle.

Had I not suffered from H.Pylori AND CHS from aza, I never would have connected the two. It was only after I spontaneously vomited one day, after spraying an aza product, I started to do some research.

I'll lay dollars to doughnuts, aza is definitely an issue when combined with cannabis. My theory? The cannabis plant uses hyper/dynamic accumulator functions to bind the aza molecule intact to new tissue. Some folks have found aza tainted cannabis to be easier for them to handle, if they break up the flowers and expose it to flourescent light for 12-24hrs. This jives with how aza is supposed to break down under light, with breaking up the flowers allowing light penetration to more of the plant tissue.

So, if you're having really bad issues with it be sure to get tested and treated for H.Pylori. You'll feel amazingly better within 2 weeks. Especially if you've suffered from it for a decade like I have.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:10 AM #12
therevverend

therevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud of
One thing I find interesting is that it's so toxic to children but not adults. Humans are relatively large animals and can take a lot of toxins. Otherwise most of us would be dead. I found this interesting:

Quote:
In other countries, neem oil has been used on cats for flea control. Some adverse reactions have been reported. Symptoms include feeling sluggish, excessive salivation, impaired movement, trembling, twitching, and convulsions. Some of the cats died. However, most of them recovered within 1 to 5 days.
My cat had a nasty growth on his forehead. My grandma put some neem oil on it and it healed up after a couple weeks. She believed it was the neem oil but I don't believe it was. The reason it wouldn't heal, he kept scratching off the scab and making it worse. The neem is bitter, one taste of it on his paws cured him of scratching at it. Gives an idea for curing bad pet habits.

The problem here is a lack of research. There needs to be studies into cannabis and neem oil considering how common it is. Otherwise all the talk for and against it is interesting but not enough science behind it. As an earlier poster stated I'd love to see stats on what % of the population is allergic. Once again it shows how little regulation really goes into insecticides, not so much that I'm worrying about the Neem (but of course I am), but all the other nasty shit they approve.

As for the argument that it's in our foodstuff but we don't get sick. I do get sick, no idea if it's from neem oil. Once a month, give or take a few months, sometimes several times a month. I'll get a horrible migraine headache and lay in bed puking my guts out for a day or two. Feel like my brain is pushing against my skull. I'm not the only person I know who suffers from this affliction. I doubt it's from neem oil but it's one of the dozens of possibilities and we don't know how common Neem allergies are.

One thing I found annoying when I was looking for information on Neem Oil. There's anti-pseudo science websites out there that trash fake medicine. I checked a couple out they were saying this woman peddling skin care products had contaminated her stuff with a INSECTICIDE! Commonly used on fruits and vegetables. Guess what it was.

There was another dentist guy saying he could keep your teeth from rotting with a magical ingredient. Once again the pseudo-science de-bunker was horrified to learn an INSECTICIDE was involved. If he'd done his research he would have known that neem oil has been used on skin and teeth for thousands of years and it's relatively safe.
https://badsciencedebunked.com/tag/neem-oil/

There's also lots of websites saying Neem oil is perfectly safe for children and babies. That the toxic amount is huge and there's no way a baby could eat that much of their product. This one says their diluted mixture is good for pregnant women as well. Some of their links site rubbing neem oil mixes on teething babies gums.
https://www.bebebalm.com/single-post...pregnant-women
I looked into baby toxicity studies and 5 ml, a teaspoon, is enough to poison a baby. Crazy.

I'll stick to what I said earlier. I'd use the stuff for a small period of time in Veg, if I needed it. I wouldn't ever use the stuff in flowering and I wouldn't give it to my plants as a preventative, dousing them with it to keep them from getting a problem.

I know growers love preventative spraying but it's a bad idea for another reason. Insects, microbes, or whatever get resistant if constantly exposed to a substance. I'm sure it's a matter of time before we get neem resistant insects as much as the agricultural industry uses is.
therevverend is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2018, 12:20 AM #13
GGNo2

GGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the rough
I've always got a bottle of neem incase I need it. I've been using it since I first started growing. I honestly have never had any negative effect from using in my plants.
GGNo2 is online now Quote

Old 10-23-2018, 09:19 AM #14
DTOM420

DTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really niceDTOM420 is just really nice
Hey, if it worries you....definitely don’t use it. You gotta reply on your own “gut” feelings to know what’s safe for you. Personally, I haven’t had any issues nor known anyone with CHS. Thankfully, because it sounds awful. For me, though, Neem works great and I haven’t seen a single shred of valid scientific evidence that it’s dangerous or causes issues. So, until I see something more that internet chatter and stoner science, I’m going to continue to use Neem products; in my normal moderation. If I ever meet someone with CHS I’ll make sure to let them know my flower was grown with some Neem products.
DTOM420 is offline Quote