Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2018, 05:57 AM #3411
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Thats cool my friend but from the abundance of green in the block it hasn't fermented or cured yet.
Maybe over time it will cure. Generally the fermentation will change the color of the green leaves to yellow, orange or brown if it has fermented.
On shorter ferments the green takes longer to change but will usually turn a golden yellow if it has cured.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:29 AM #3412
willydread

willydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to beholdwillydread is a splendid one to behold
Thank you, honestly, I was just impatient to taste it, but the idea is that of a long ageing ...
willydread is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2018, 11:13 AM #3413
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Its cool to taste it regularly that way you can see how it changes over time and get the time line you prefer in the future.
Once you nail it you will see how good it can become the basic principal is easy to grasp but hitting the sweet spot on any cure takes a little luck or experience depending on which you get first.
A little luck first time is always a thrill.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:32 PM #3414
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
A purist huh? I challenge you to tell the difference. Actually, you'd probably choose the washed bud.

I'm not talking about putting it through a wringer washer and a spin cycle. Just a quick dip and rinse.

Hahaha....I know and agree. I once had a massive rainstorm knock over 30-40 of our 6-8 foot tall plants. When we showed up at the garden these plants were drooped over, with many colas, upper side branches, and tops in the mud.

The soft ground allowed the blasting winds overnight to tip them almost completely over. It was just at harvest time anyway so chop, chop, dip, dip in the creek, and hang to dry. It was still Skunk#1 at its finest....well at least as far as anyone who had never had it before could tell....haha.....
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:13 AM #3415
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:14 AM #3416
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor

~

------------

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:18 PM #3417
Tangwena

Lovely colors in those close ups of the corners of the blocks better dry them a bit to slow fermentation and enable the cure.
They could end up very aromatic my friend dont over ferment them they are on track.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:30 PM #3418
Fermented

Fermented will become famous soon enough
My first post!

Ha Ha!
Fermented is offline Quote

Old 11-17-2018, 03:44 PM #3419
TychoMonolyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Lovely colors in those close ups of the corners of the blocks better dry them a bit to slow fermentation and enable the cure.
They could end up very aromatic my friend dont over ferment them they are on track.
Thanks Tangwena. I did dry them a bit more. Two were cobbed a little quick from fresh, but I'll see what happens to them.

I'm getting pretty excited. I cut up a few blocks in three and vac'd them to make samples. They're about 2.5 gr per piece. I have people asking for samples already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
My first post!

Ha Ha!
Welcome brother!

~

------------

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:13 PM #3420
Tangwena

Awesome brother with airy sativas like swazi less is more. They are very delicate but so worth the effort.
You should get an idea of what true African cures can do to bring out the smooth taste and effects.

The Swazi is a very energetic euphoric high cured like that. Nice job my friend they look on point.