What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headband smoke report

20370headband02.jpg

20370headband01.jpg

Very good pot. This is a great treat to start the day off right! Careful though as you can over do it, leading to a slightly sleepy effect, not feelng like an indica but like an overpowering sativa, it pops your eyes out your head for a better view above the clouds and puts em back in right before ya doze off. The initial high from it is speedy and doesnt seem to have a ceiling, bowl after bowl it gets ya higher.

The taste of it was very much like OG kush, with a slight aftertaste of fuel which I guess comes from the diesel as regular OG kush doesnt have this ime. Really pleasant to smoke except for the expansion which is very strong. It will make you cough on the exhale even though it is very smooth herb.

Smells pretty mush like OG kush, a little bit of astringent smell in there, this stuff would stink up a room really quick if its jar was opened.

overall a good morning and early day smoke, it has plenty of uplift to it, but if you smoke enough of it you can be put to sleep or made drowzy.

and the SSR...

and the SSR...

Variety/Cultivar name: Headband

Breeder: N/A
Lineage if known: N/A
Vendor: Local Vendor
Price: N/A

==================================================
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: 7
Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.
comment: Smaller nugglets, similar to what ya would expect to get at one of the many disp in cali for this strain, havent really seen too many big nugs of it being offered for sale, so could all be from one grower or could be a lower yielder, or so nice no one wants to give away the tops.

2. Visible Trichomes: 7
Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.
comment: frosty nugs, good coat of crystal on the inside and the outside of the bud, has a nice sparkle to it when you break open the nugs.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome
heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report.

Clear: 25%
Cloudy: 75%
Amber: 0%
Dark: 0%

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more
detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.
Brown:
Green: 4
Gold:
Blue:
Grey:
White: 4
Red:
Rust:
Orange: 2 a few orange pistils
Purple:
Black:

5. Bud density: 7
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are
not in their natural state leave this field blank.
comment: Tight nugs but they are easy to break up, not very sticky at all, breaks up real nice. Be pretty easy to break up a joint with one hand even though its not overly dry.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a
subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [4] Licorice [2] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [5] Meat [ ] Petroleum/Fuel [2]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine-sol [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [2] Mold [ ] Skunk []
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [5] Spice [ ]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [2] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma: 8

Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled
bud for best results.
comment: Smells very much like OG kush, has that musk funk smell to it right of the bat, if you really stick your nose in it you can smell something astringent but not diesel smell. I like how it smells a lil better than standard OG kush.

8. Seed content: 0

Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information
below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc): PHX bong
Vaporizer (enter the brand name):
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass):
Joint (enter brand of papers):
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a
nine indicates a very pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [4] Licorice [ ]
Berry [] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [2] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [2] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [6] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ]
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

3. Taste: 8

Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

Comment: Super strong hashy tasting bud, very stong og kush flavor in there with the diesel in your throat. Really weird, when you enhale it i think its a lot like og kush, but the after taste is a tasty mix of diesel and og kush funk.

4. State of dryness: 5

Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. smoke ability: 5

Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

Coment: Burns pretty clean, had greyish ash.

6. Smoke expansion: 10

Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.
comment: Wow, this is by FAR the most explosive smoke i have smoked, besides herb that had stuff wrong with it, like pesticide/pm/mold - wish i could avoid smokin that stuff but every once in a while some sneaks past ya. The second this hits your lungs you want it out, i have iron lungs and can hold it in and it even makes me do that quag where you are coughing out your nose - makes a funny sound. Makes you cough like mad when you exhale - i think somewhere around the 5th cough you forget your name.

1. __[2 hits / .2g max ]__ Dosage

Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. __[2]__ Effect onset

Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.
comment: I so want to give it a one, but im savin that for something even more special - if i ever find it.

3. __[9]__ Sativa influence

Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa
influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. __[8]__ Indica influence

Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica
influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing
effect that affects the body.

5. __[9]__ Potency

Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. __[1.5 hours]__ Duration

Indicate the duration of time that the effects lasted.

7. __[2]__ Tolerance build up

Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this
field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability

Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day
to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [10]
Day - work [8]
Evening - relax [ ]
Night - sleep

9. __[9!]__ Overall satisfaction

Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. __[9]__ Ability and conditions
comment: Was purchased from a local vendor, no guarantee on the genetics.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes [XXX]
No []

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take
care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the
existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns
in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not
be construed as medical advice.

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[6]__ Appetite
__[ ]__ __[4]__ Anxiety relief
__[4]__ __[ ]__ Paranoia relief
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Sex drive
__[4]__ __[ ]__ Sleep
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Pain relief
__[6]__ __[ ]__ Ability to rest or sit still
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Thought process
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Speech process
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Imagination/creativity
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Humor perception
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Visual perception
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Audio perception
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Taste perception

FINAL COMMENTS:
Very good pot. This is a great treat to start the day off right! Careful though as you can over do it, leading to a slightly sleepy effect, not feelng like an indica but like an overpowering sativa, it pops your eyes out your head for a better view above the clouds and puts em back in right before ya doze off. The initial high from it is speedy and doesnt seem to have a ceiling, bowl after bowl it gets ya higher.

The taste of it was very much like OG kush, with a slight aftertaste of fuel which I guess comes from the diesel as regular OG kush doesnt have this ime. Really pleasant to smoke except for the expansion which is very strong. It will make you cough on the exhale even though it is very smooth herb.

Smells pretty mush like OG kush, a little bit of astringent smell in there, this stuff would stink up a room really quick if its jar was opened.

overall a good morning and early day smoke, it has plenty of uplift to it, but if you smoke enough of it you can be put to sleep or made drowzy.

JDOG6000

Veteran
The Fuel comes from the chemdawg in it.
Chemdawg smells and tastes alot like fuel.
So does OG Kush.

Rootstyle

I got some headbands runnin outdoors cant wait to try it see if shes a keeper or not. I have quite a few that are apart of the Diesel Family so we'll see. Nice report Sauron.

Just went down to santa barbara today and the santa barbara collective had the headband cuttings in stock - picked one up of course, they said they will be getting more in again in the future.

Thanks rootstyle, i have a few diesels too, chocolate diesel was the strongest in my collection until i tried this, it is much stronger. I also got some sour kush down there that is ecsd x valley kush instead of og kush, so says the budtender who does seem to be pretty knowledgeable. It is very stoney, like the headband but a step below it in the sativa column i think. Also got some hindu kush hash, lavender, mr. nice, and cheese. reports to come soon

wick650

Thats the OG'ish Headband I've been talking about, its different than the orignal D or underdawg cut.

Hey Sauron, which disp. did you get headband cut from?

G

guest3854

Your taste description is dead on STB , and tha same thang I stated to ***** , tha first time I sampled it ; hella OG tasting . Can't agree with potency , though smoking bubble hash most of tha time really ups yer tolerance . It appears tha duration of high is in question with these diesel family lines , as it is a very short lived high .
Loved tha taste though .

Steele

G

nice smoke report bro. looks dank. so this is the same as original d or d#1 right? chem x mss?

wick650- it was the "santa barbara cooperative" which is on haley street. It is next to the rear of the office max and has its own parking. they are $15 a cut by the way.

steele- glad we on same page most likely with this sample. I sampled this in the morning after not smoking the night before, that is how long the high lasted for me from start to finish, i find the diesel has a short lived sat high and a longer finish that is more indica based. I dont get high off most diesel at all for much longer than a few seconds on the initial rip. Im a bubble fiened as well, thought admittedly not as much as i was a year or two ago :)

thx for kind words, glad ya enjoy report

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Very nice report on the headband.. sounds like some tasty nugs... nice to run across this smoke report seeing i was smoking some fullmelt bubble hash Headband the other week that a buddy had... it was most definitely a pleasant high.. very tasty and melted right into the bowl. Looking forward to hopefully coming across more to come.. and possibly the genetics..

some very nice pictures of the buds as well....

Peace

T

trem0lo

Very nice smoke report! I found this in the chemdog 101 thread:

Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

Definitely top notch genetics :joint:

wick650

The S.B "headband" comes from Nor Cal growers, and is'nt the original diesal/diesal#1 etc. the s.b headband is nearly identical to O.G kush

JJ-NYC

shake said:
nice smoke report bro. looks dank. so this is the same as original d or d#1 right? chem x mss?
No unfortunately it is not the same. It's not the 91 Chem X SS/NL. The real one has a spicey, skunky, diesely taste. No OG characteristics here. Someone renamed some kind of Chem cross or something. Headband, Original Diesel, Daywrecker, Diesel #1, Underdog its all the same strain, just named by different people. I know I have the real one and someone else on here has it too. We will be seeing the truth come out when both cuts are grown side by side.

Last edited:

wick650

word JJ, can't wait to see what your verdict is... BTW this Santa Barbara Headband that Sauran is describing is very very good. This headband is sold to S.B dispenciarys by Nor Cal growers, although some is grown locally by now I'm sure.

Whats really intrigues me is that when Chemdog was visiting the Cali folks last summer he kicked down nugs of this same og'ish Headband to the owner of Hortipharm is Santa Barbara as well as Swerve. Chemdog supposedly made it sound like this Headband was "the real O.G" when he visted my S.B buddy. So who knows, hopefully swerve will chip in.

P.S
Not to further confuse people but another friend of mine who is associated with a different club in S.B told me that his Disp. has for the last few months been relabeling an 818 OG cut as Headband after the "S.B headband" began to create a buzz in town, and patients began to request it. Other folks in S.B have been telling me that the S.B headband is Sour D x O.G K... but I beleive this is just speculation. I just find it really odd that chemdog himself has been passing a OGish headband that is obviously different than the Underdawg cut.

G

could be for the imposter 'headband' cut going around. jj would know though, the original is '91 chemdawg x (mss x nl). there should be comparisons in the near future, if the god of roots shows his mercy. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts