What's new

El Chappo arrested AGAIN

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I thought sure he would be shot in the back and later they would say he was resisting arrest. You think they will watch him better on this vacation before he gets loose again?

MODS please move this if necessary as I can't find the forum I want. Thanks

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An official from the Mexico Marines confirms to ABC News that Guzman was captured after a shootout with Mexican Marines in the city of Los Mochis, in the state of Sinaloa, this morning.

Earlier today, The Associated Press reported that five people had been killed and six people were arrested when the Mexican Marines raided a house in Sinaloa. The government has not confirmed a connection between the two.

There have been other raids in Sinaloa in recent months as part of the then-ongoing search for Guzman, the AP said.

Guzman, 57, escaped from the Altiplano prison near Mexico City July 11 and there has been an active manhunt for him ever since.

When guards realized that he was missing from his cell, they found that a ventilated tunnel had been constructed and had an exit via the bathtub inside Guzman's cell. The tunnel extended for about a mile underground and featured an adapted motorcycle on rails that officials believe was used to transport the tools used to create the tunnel, Monte Alejandro Rubido, the head of the Mexican national security commission, said in July after Guzman's escape.

Guzman had been arrested five months prior to the July escape.

He had escaped before from a prior prison stint, also using a tunnel.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He is fearless. He gets discovered living in regular houses in regular neighborhoods. He got tired of living in the mountains like a outlaw and wanted the soft life.

When in the mountains he was way harder to get. Doubt they ever would get him there. An army of professional gunmen, some spec ops, hundreds with the best hardware money can buy. Meanwhile he runs off to a tunnel somewhere in the wilderness, while his men battle the Mexican army or whoever.

They get rid of him and 10 come along to take his place. No winning this drug war or any other drug war.

mack 10

Veteran
Oh well, he will have to go back to his private 5star hotel,
Oh i mean prison..
Iol.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Shit his stint in prison will be like a stay at the ritz Carlton. He'll have anything he wants. So I ain't shedding any tears for em.

N

noyd666

picture.php
he looked a bit grubbier when caught.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
taking out a cartel leader creates disorganized mess with everyone competeing to take over......he did a lot of good for the poor along with the innocent that got killed...sort of like the us government huh ?????????..its called collateral damage I believe......pick your evil...yeehaw

LostTribe

Premium user
I bet we hear about him disappearing again real soon. With that kind of money and POWER in that mess know as Mexico there is little doubt that he already has a plan to get out set in place even before his latest capture. Although I believe they did get his brother already for that last escape but I am sure he has others waiting in the wings ready to help. Might just need to hurry it up this time and why the heck is he still in mexico with his connections he could be in a non extradition country in South America running things by now.

Easy7

Veteran
El Chapo isn't easily getting out of the US prison system.

I never understood the dedication to any leadership. Can't imagine being friends with El Chapo.

CoCoSativas

You would think they would be more worried about taking out the pipelines and working guys than the guys who never touch product and just rake in money its just cause they want to jack their cash and make it look like it makes a difference.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
True story. The Mexican government claims the interview gave them clues to get El Chapo but I think that is BS as there were several lengthy plane rides, SUV rides etc. Do you think Sean Penn is watching over his shoulder now? I wouldn't be surprised if Chapo orders a hit on Sean. That adventure was playing with the BIG dogs and I wonder if Sean considered that before he interviewed El Chapo.