What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Question

Epod

Hi all I have a question about seeds how long can you keep them for before they are no good I have my own strain and don't wont to loose it.

And what is the best way to keep them :biggrin:

freeze them they will stay good for a long time. Long enough to were you wont have to worry about them. Don't get me wrong fresh seed is important but you can freeze what you want to save and store as back up.

Epod

freeze them ?wont this kill the cells of the seeds I have then in the fridge and have been there for a few years now that y I was wondering how to keep them for years

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got pics of your strain?

The trick with seeds is to remove as much moisture as you can, desiccant packs help.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got pics of your strain?

The trick with seeds is to remove as much moisture as you can, desiccant packs help.

EXACTLY for if you freeze them with to much the water will swell and bust the seed.

Mr Wags