What's new

Lib Dems to Legalize Cannabis if elected!

mack 10

Veteran
As the title says, just been on the news that the Lib Dem's will legalize Cannabis if elected at the next election.

Shame they don't stand a cat in hells chance of winning.

But it's finally on the table, legal style!
Lets see where this goes...

G

ganjygav

We can only but dream. I'm an avid voter but didn't think I would bother voting this year. Now I have a reason and it won't be for May or Corbyn thankfully.

mack 10

Veteran
yeah, I was amazed to hear the guy talk about it.
about dam time.

Also did you hear that Jersey has given the go a head for legal medical herb!
They should be scripting by the autum!!!!

maybe we really have a shot?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Just spotted this myself.... as said, shame they have no chance of winning- although I may now have a reason to vote!

zamzia

Veteran
Just heard this on the radio too. Good they are talking about it either way. Just need a Government that is brave enough to do it.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Trouble is there's still too many people (dealers , and some growers included) who would prefer weed remains illegal in this country.

mr.brunch

Veteran
The worst part is , these lawmakers are handling a tax free lucrative market to organised criminals whose intentions may well be to invest their profits in expensive powder based products.
Surely it would be better to use the revenue for public services.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
would be nice to see that perspective from all the big 3,, lets tax it an start putting money in,, 1 day 1 day

zoo

You lot are very naive if you think the average Joe will be able to grow and sell cannabis in a U.K legal market

I personally am against legalization. It would never be recreational and they will probably punish home growers even harder so that you have to buy your bud through legal channels

Lib Dems are just trying to appeal to a few stoners and grab a few votes. They will do absolutely fuck all.

G

ganjygav

You lot are very naive if you think the average Joe will be able to grow and sell cannabis in a U.K legal market

I personally am against legalization. It would never be recreational and they will probably punish home growers even harder so that you have to buy your bud through legal channels

Lib Dems are just trying to appeal to a few stoners and grab a few votes. They will do absolutely fuck all.

I don't think any of us are that naive lol.
Legalisation in the UK will probably mean medical Cannabis in the form of pharmaceuticals not actual weed because of course it would be a money move.

It's just good that any talk of it is in the mainstream rather than the flat out home office stance of rejection.
I think you may find that's what we are happy about.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Naive? No. Hopeful, maybe.
In my view the sooner every smoker possible is growing, the sooner we can dispense with all the dossers trying to sell a gram for close to £20.
It ain't gold dust after all.

G

ganjygav

Naive? No. Hopeful, maybe.
In my view the sooner every smoker possible is growing, the sooner we can dispense with all the dossers trying to sell a gram for close to £20.
It ain't gold dust after all.

Yeah that stardawg was selling 20 a gram here last week. If something comes in that nobody has heard of before they take the piss with price's.
Someone was telling me about this new weed called stardawg and they just paid 20 for a gram.
I called them a mug and there's nothing special about it and it's not new. It grows exactly the same as all weed lol.
Doesn't help that it's 16 year old know nothings who are selling it and just run around saying anything to rip people off.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I know what you mean. People buy into the hype though- although they are welcome to it. Half these elite strains are only clones of hermie pollination or bagseed anyway.
No weed is better than the weed you grow yourself.

Anyway, back to topic ( sorry op) this may actually make me vote for the first time, as at least it gets the issue talked about more.
Anyone else thinking this?

G

ganjygav

Yeah, I vote every election for labour. Can't bring myself to vote for corbyn so I wasn't gonna vote this year.
This is something I will be voting for now. It's the only policy I'm interested in this election.
Everything else will stay the same. The nhs,schools and poor people will still suffer no matter the outcome.

Blazeee

Veteran
:laughing:

Stardawg aint no hermie polliantion or bagseed lol, check out the topdawg lads on here, keepers in every pack.

Back on topic though

Personally i just dont see them legalizing it making it recreational for everyone.

If we do get med or even rec, the government is going to take the piss as they know there is money in it, look at the US in cali and colorado, extortionate license fees etc.What if you want to become a med / rec producer, how much do you think a production license will cost, probably more than some of make in a few years. Got to pay to play...

They look at the US, now its legal and theyve got everyone on record etc, now they are looking at legal ways they are trying to screw you, either with plant count or if your gardens over size, producing too much, transporting too much etc.

Or maybe if they do legalize it they will only let GW handle production??

Didnt Ireland to medical recently, what happend with that, whose procuducing all the med weed for them?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Pretty sure I never said stardawg was a hermie pollination, although the chemdog ancestry apparently was... if the chem story is real.
at least if it's legal, the police won't have the funding to seek out growers. And a low plant count is better than no plant count.
If however you wanted to grow for rec sales (and therefore profit ) yes, I imagine you would have to pay for licenses/ taxes , but that's the same for any business.

Blazeee

Veteran
Pretty sure I never said stardawg was a hermie pollination, although the chemdog ancestry apparently was... if the chem story is real.
at least if it's legal, the police won't have the funding to seek out growers. And a low plant count is better than no plant count.
If however you wanted to grow for rec sales (and therefore profit ) yes, I imagine you would have to pay for licenses/ taxes , but that's the same for any business.

Im all for legalization, but i believe it should be handled the right way. If they did make it rec and allow home production, police wouldnt need funding to seek out growers if they implemented a program where everyone had to sign up then theyve got you on record etc. Think about how much money the police would lose from POCA on growers, they will just look for other ways to catch people out and fine / sentence them.

What if they make it rec but we can only buy from a select handfull of liscensed producers, who are only in it for the money, chop early and grow complete shit? What if they add some fucked up law saying they can only sell weed under a certain thc%? What if they make it only rec where we can only buy from LP's then implement harsher sentences for people caught growing at home? I know its alot of what ifs but its always things to take in to account.

If they did make it med / rec whats going to happen to GW and the sativex that they produce? Imagine sales of that would drop if anyone can grow their own, dont think the people at GW would be very happy.

As much as i want legalization to happen, i just cant see them letting everyone grow their own at home. Not when theyve had GW growing over here for years now.

Look at all the big businesses moving in to the industry in america, im sure the government is thinking they want a piece of the pie for themselves. Wouldnt be surprised if they cut a deal with GW, where GW become the only people allowed to produce canna in the UK. Especially considering as they are the only people who currently hold a license to produce in the UK.

After looking at a few of the articles most of them are talking about lib dems wanting cannabis to be legally sold on the highstreet, im not seeing much mention of allowing home growing etc.

I may be wrong but sometimes youve always got to think worst case scenario. Sounds to me like they just want our votes and money.