What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bruised Nuts

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
SD, so your tri plant also has the tri branches? if so thats cool.

DP, lol I didn't know they didnt all do that. The BN esp the tri's do like to spread their roots, and hate being root bound. If it gets too bad it will revert to a bi foliar, but since you already topped it, I guess no harm will come of it so long as theres enough food.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
They're getting plenty of nutrients from the flowering feed as far as I can see. :) they don't seem to be stressed, in fact the canopy is looking really beautiful :)

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
They're getting plenty of nutrients from the flowering feed as far as I can see. :) they don't seem to be stressed, in fact the canopy is looking really beautiful :)

Sorry for the misinfo, the branches are normal bifoliate if I may, the main stem is still three branches 60 degrees offset.

I do noticer she likes to drink,

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
DP, well.... don't be shy, where's the pics?

SD, np, yeah the 120 degree angles are the best, least likely to revert in my experience.

Last edited:

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I'm really having problems getting in-focus shots of anything with my lighting :-S I'll try to remember to have a go tomorrow while it's still daylight :) especially as I can now start posting early bud shots :)

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Awe Sweet!!! would love to see some early bud shots, my original girl has been trimmed back significantly as she was stretching more than I care for, She is almost ready for some early bud shots to.

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
ok here's todays update on the first Bruised nuts girl from this batch of seeds.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Don't ask how far through she is, I've lost track, prob some dates in the thread somewhere.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
you will know when she is ready, she is beautiful, what does she smell like, is it like pungent, do you need odour control? Not that we have the same genetics but prolly from the same regions of the world I am hoping.

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
no idea, I've got the worst cold going right now. Feel rotten. Not bothering with odour control, if it gets bad, i open a window.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Sativa Dragon: blueberry (afghan*Jamaican) and orange bud which is apparently Skunk derived (afghan*South American), this cross is where bruised nuts derives it's trifoliation from.

So basically if your plant is mostly afghan then yes, they've inherited at least one similar trait to bruised nuts from the same origin.

On the other hand Jamaican strains are the result of basically mixing of global genetics, even their landrace strains bear characteristics brought from all over the world by trade. South american strains of the 70's even with sativa characteristics could also have been a source of the inheritance of these plants. Of course since then BN has had black domina and Nutcruncher added into the mix and then been refined by inbreeding it may be that trifoliation is the only trait they share, I've not thought bruised nuts was a particularly aromatic plant, indeed it's smell is less of a concern for me than if I've been vaping lol

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Well I look forward to seeing what expressions there is to be had in the Buds of my trifol, I am so fortunate that only one out of 5 beans I popped out of curiousity all were females, never had such luck before. We shall see soon how she expresses herself.

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
arrrrgggg Harry i'm dieing mate. Just done a run for sweets, the only thing I can taste. Thanks for the sympathy. Glad you're over yours, not sure I'm gonna survive mine though.

DP and SD, I tried to trace the origins of the tri once, for a while it looked like it was from the OPT but turned out it seems to be from afghani genes in most cases.

I do love anything tri, seen a few diff strains show the trait now, (from other members here). I know someone holding a tri mob boss they plan to cross to my genes too, but my printer let me down. So packaging is gonna be just a boring plastic baggie for the first run.
I'll get them to the bay next week, if I survive.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I am glad to have a picture for reference I am trying out a 1k LED fixture to see if it will compare to the 1k Hortilux, so far I am leaning more towards the Hortilux being the Domintor, just so much heat.

Peace

W

willyweed

hey gmt ,those photo close up's are fantastic,some of the best close up photo's i have seen on here,still reading through my camera instructions hopefully will get to the real close up bit soon ! keep up the good work .willyweed

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
SD, I'm actually looking at T5 HO fixtures at the mo. Seems to be a comparable price to LEDs but much less hassley to change a bulb. More pricey than the hps I use, but so much less heat its gonna be a must buy for summer. I'll be showing a single cola grow soon, just need to repot before moving her over, I'll get to it in a few days.

Thanks Willy. I love olympus cameras. Nothing compared to the top end, but for the price they offer great shots.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
SD, I'm actually looking at T5 HO fixtures at the mo. Seems to be a comparable price to LEDs but much less hassley to change a bulb. More pricey than the hps I use, but so much less heat its gonna be a must buy for summer. I'll be showing a single cola grow soon, just need to repot before moving her over, I'll get to it in a few days.

Thanks Willy. I love olympus cameras. Nothing compared to the top end, but for the price they offer great shots.

Great decision on the T5's I had to try the LED thing, But the T5's seem to be good old faithfull, I start my garden veggies under them as well. So many more bulbs to choose from as well.
I had a camera on Macro and had no idea, I tried to take normal pics and they all came out fuzzy so I thought it was screwed, Bought another "Olympus" what a camera, pulled the pld one out of some rice as I thought it was moisture realised it was still on Macro switched it over works great. I can't bear to give any of them up though.

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've got an old sp310 with a macro lens on an extention tube I used to use, and an sp550 which is the one I always reach for now. I did buy a sp650 I think it was thinking it was an upgrade on the 550, but it didnt have half the functions the 550 has, took worse pic and was 4 times the price. I took it back. I think now I'd either go with a 590 or the pen which is the one I really want. But buying separate lenses isnt something I have the coin for right now.

W

willyweed

me either,but i borrowed a camera off my mate, quite a nice one seen them on e bay 50-100 uk pounds .when i went to return it to him he pulls out an identical camera in mint condition ans says,he swaped some games in one of those second hand cash converters shops 60 cash or 80 credit. the camera was 80 perfect owe him 60 even better Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 Digital camera and a 12 month warranty happy days.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
If you're looking at T5s, check out aquarium fixtures, Daylight/Full spectrum lamps are the same whatever the application, and aquarium stuff doesn't have the growshop extra markup.
My mate uses T5s with Arcadia control gear for all his mums and cloning, on a reasonably large scale.