What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

B

bench warmer

Truly inspiring noreason.
Thank you for sharing your talent through these pics. :good:

Are the feminized seeds going to be available through the bay?

cannalopehaze x california or exodus cheese? :woohoo:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Truly inspiring noreason.
Thank you for sharing your talent through these pics. :good:

Are the feminized seeds going to be available through the bay?

cannalopehaze x california or exodus cheese? :woohoo:

Thank you guys for following :)

I'm talking about the exodus cheese clone.

If seeds production will be generous, I'll try to send some at the bay, but overall I decided to do female because this pheno should be keep alive as possible, it's one of the best smoke I ever tried. It has to ce shared with other growers!

One more thing is that clones are not having the same great smell and strawberry aroma as the mother. So further research should be done.

4 clones in rdwc are fattening up day after day, sprouting foxtails everywhere. Buds are giants and fully covered in resin but I still can't smell that fragrance I like too much.

:wave:

ps: for those interested, when I got some time to spend in the post office (hope soon), I'll send at the bay some chocolope F3 pheno#2 and some (chocolopeXagentorange)Xchocolope.

Last edited:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
39 days 12\12

Botrytis time! One of the bigger cola has been infected. Not so much damage, just a couple of grams, but that bud was so nice!!!

That's what it looks like at now

picture.php

Unfortunately this is the risk of having fat flowers. Water can't evaporate properly in the inside and boom, that's it!

Tonight I did a complete check of the other colas and everything was fine. Had to hang some buds as the weight is becoming consistent.
Also add an intake fan (250m3) and all the ventilation/extraction goes 24\7. I started de-humidifier too and set at 50% RH.

The buds are really great! maybe the more productive grow ever for myself, and they're just at 39 days with 95% of white pistils.
Only thing really scary me is mold! This strain does not seem to be resistant with mold. What kind of product you would use at this point without altering flowers?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dark Helmet

yeah very nice indeed i keep wanting to go coco but, i see threads like this and rdwc just seems so much better lol mate u could always lighty defoliate the plants start taking out alot of those leaves would help alot with air flow..

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah very nice indeed i keep wanting to go coco but, i see threads like this and rdwc just seems so much better lol mate u could always lighty defoliate the plants start taking out alot of those leaves would help alot with air flow..

You're right, rdwc is more productive than coco (IMHO).

Coco is way better than any rdwc system for one mainly reason: you can move plants. You can have a bunch of genes in the room without any pain, yes, maybe you have to level height but every pot can be moved and well...this is a big thing to consider. Rdwc setups are great for identical clones.

About this I made one more mistake, but it's not a real mistake....I placed the growbox with two side just in the room's angle, near the walls. No good. Having 4 side access is way better, this imply more control on the plants and what's going on in the box.
Next time I'll keep some space to work from all sides.

About defoliating....you're right about increasing airflow but....there are a couple of things I have to consider.
I like to keep the leaves till the end, well it's not me, but I noticed happier plants without removing leaves, they also are a energy reserve for deficiencies. I mean, if a deficiency it's ruining some leaves, making them useless for photosynthesys, there are a lot more to be used for it.

I can remove leaves, but mold still is coming on the fattest colas wich receive a constant airflow from the fan, the upper colas, where there aren't so many leaves. So, if I remove leafs from the underside, I can increase airflow on the lower buds, but I think they're not a big deal. The upper and bigger colas are the ones to watch out for mold.

However I will buy soon an ozone generator to use in the entire room. Hope this will help to keep mold away from plants? Any feedback on this?

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
For mold you should by a big fan and point it directly to the bigger colas, and a dehumidifier would help alot too, specially with the lights out!!

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
:jawdrop: .. No words noreason..You're a master..Why don't you open a thread also in italian section?! We need example like this! Hola bro! :wave:

:smoweed:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
44 days 12\12

Time for a new update.

First bad news is that I had to chop the bigger cola because it was too hard and big, and mold was running up the central stem. Lost around 3 grams.

Second bad news is that the deficiency did not stop after I switch my fertilizers to Metrop. It slowly continues to affect upper leaves.
I tried with Ec 1,5 and pH 5.5 for some days and no good signs.
Now they're at Ec 1.4 and pH 6. I'm try to change parameters to understand what the trouble come from.
It comes in my mind that the plants pot are tiny for all that root mass. Somehow related? Not sure...

Third bad news, and maybe the worst is that I had to seal the room and use a couple of de-humidifier to keep RH around 50%.
This increase temperature and mites are coming back. I found a couple of leaves with few adults.
This mean they're starting to reproduce and with high ambiental T° they will do flowers damage in 10-15 days.
The plan is to give'em cold. How? I'll try to switch on air-exchange with outside. 12 hours of cold and wet air, and then change back ambiental values. Doing this on a daily basis I should have enough time to do a good harvest. Also planning to start an humidifier in the cold hours, mites hate it!
Don't want to spray anything on buds, I'll prefer to cut before a full ripen than ruin flowers.

Actually is a battle against mites and mold. One prefer hot and dry. The other cold and wet. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass being an indoor grower! I need some more equipment to do a great job!

After bad news, here comes the good ones.
Flowers are fattening up more and more, I can see huge colas everywhere in the box. This will be an excellent grow-run in flowers weight. If they can stay 15 days more it will be for sure the best harvest did.
Yesterday I had to hang up a lot of stems with fatty flowers because they collapsed on each other. A lot of work and not so easy. Next time I have to leave some space to open the two other box sides.

I really did a stupid mistake not considering this, so for the next one I'll use a web, like the scrog ones, with large openings. It is just 120x120 and fits exactly in the box. It should work giving support to the canopy. It should be quick and easy. Very few work and good result. Any feedback on this point?

And now let the pictures talk themselves

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy new year to everyone!

Today I started a new run in r-dwc with the same ex.cheese clones.

The last clones were grown too much, buds collapsed on each other for the weight, and mold attacked 3 large colas. Not so many damages, but the overall situation told me to harvest and start a new run, remember to switch to flower when the clones are still little.

The next one will rock for sure, I acquired more knowledge using this setup. Actually I have to find a good strategy to fight mold when the buds are so large! Any of you hydro guys use any kind of product directly in the rez?

Pics pics pics....

Just before the chop, 52 days 12\12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kitsch Arjan approve the work

picture.php

picture.php

Lower flowers sometimes produce a large amount of trichomes even with poor lightning.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One more big cola

picture.php

And roots.....

picture.php

picture.php

A couple of days before the harvest I found the bottom of the growbox full of water. Overflow! This is one reason along others why I decided to chop everything. Roots were going into the return line, causing clogs.

And finally, new run is ready to start!

picture.php

picture.php

Green vibz dudes!

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello NoReason, wonderful cheese your plants ... I seem to feel the smell ....
I follow you.
:tiphat:
My plants are slow, they begin to swell time (six weeks) but I'm not very happy with how things are going ... I hope to participate in the cup ... If you have any advice do not let problems ... shoot!

Latest posts

Latest posts