What's new

Herbies FREE seed - AFGHANI - what strain or any info about this?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just answered this over at _______ forum. Seedsman Afghani. Sativa looking plant with low yield, sedative, calming type of effect.Afghan #1.jpgafghan 2.jpg

Attachments

• Afghan #1.jpg
    Afghan #1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12
  • afghan 2.jpg
    afghan 2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 11
j9DmhaJ.jpg

Ebnmh9H.jpg

Nothing sati 'bout these bitches.

Got those from herbie about 4-5 weeks ago, so I have to assume they'd be from the batch going out now

Genghis Kush

I read somewhere that its Afghani #1 overstock from Seedsman originally.

I have one going now, small compact and exactly like the pic posted by stonedwarrior

lol its not the first time ive read this but im suprised im the first person to email them and just ask... ha ha anyway here is the answer from them....

The free Afghan regs are produced by Seedsman; they’re not on general release yet, hence they’re not currently listed on the site.
Please refer to the product info for Afghani #1 regs from Sensi Seeds, as the specifications are near identical.

Best wishes

Herbie

joe2

I got Afghan regs as a freebees, runnin em outdoors now and theres big wide leaf ones and some narrow. 10/10 popped, a bird ate one seedling a friggin deer ran rite throught one plant and killed it but the rest are growing with much vigor

joe2

Heres a couple of the males Wide leaf..

and one of the narrow . sorry the camera sucks its been outdated for years, it was the bomb when I got it lol.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a google search found some grows & pics im looking forward to growing these out i love afghans

from seedmans website
Afghani No 1 is a traditional landrace strain collected in the mountains of Afghanistan by Sacred Seeds in the 1970s. It was one of the first pure indica true-breeding strains used in worldwide cannabis breeding programmes. It is well known for its dense buds, copious resin production and its excellent properties for hashish production. This strain has been acclimatised to western growing conditions by selectively crossbreeding various Afghani No 1 parents and selecting offspring plants with favourable traits. The popularity of Afghani No 1 can be seen through its use as a genetic building block in many predominately indica strains created or preserved within the Sensi Seed bank gene pool and other seed companies. Afghani No 1 is a vigorous growing yet small bushy plant, with a strong stem that is renowned for its strong aroma when flowering. Its classic indica properties and true-breeding nature make it an ideal indica parent plant.

Genetics: Afghani No. 1
Variety: Pure Indica
Type: Pure-bred, true-breeding
Harvest Date: Mid-Late September
Flowering Period: 6-7 Weeks
No. of Seeds Per Packet: 10
Characteristics: Dense buds and copious resin.

oldCounty

Heres one iI have going now...

picture.php

Not so hyped on the nugs structure seen above, but, might hit it with pollen judging by the description.. This one is stinky in veg, the rest were culled because of limits and growth structure. This one bushed nicely with good node spacing.

joe2

nice bush Oldcounty, leaves look on the narrow side keep posting the progress, If I remember ill bring a camera out to the patch and get some shots of some wideleaf bushes. Theres a thread here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=85992&page=35 tons of afghani #1 info from Sam the skunk man and many other knowlageable folks, got me double stoked about my afghanis, tons of history in that thread.

oldCounty

Here's mine, classic pepper smell I've read about, dense enough nugs,not much stretch. Its been receiving a very light feed...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Has been crossed with an orange crush x sour diesel male, hoping the seeds finish in time. Code enforcement has me chopping early this year. Only letting her go another week.

oldCounty

These are all afghanis. She is the middle one in this, she was loud throughout the whole grow, the smell was just barely overshadowed by some quick finishing "the maestro" by norstar in early-mid sept.

picture.php
picture.php

And a chopped male which was used on a semi auto for shits and giggles...

picture.php

Last edited:

joe2

I tucked my Afghanis a little too tight under cover this year, the sun dipped too low for fall I don't even want to post any pics.... too sad lookin, but one of those girls has a great funk smell with an afternote of pure rotten egg! nothing else describes it

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I dont think all Afghan has the skunk smell. I grew GN collection Mazar I Shariff and it was bland shit with no smell or taste.

joe2

nothing skunky out of five females, one rotten egg smelling one late in flower but it cured to a savory hearty type of scent. I didn't like them, most phenos were leafy, not exciting smoke at all, I dry sift it and stash the kif. There was one rock hard dense phenol it was identical to a critical plant I grew near it this year. the cured buds looked and tasted the same. Still, I grew em because they were free but I would not buy them.

Heres one iI have going now...

View Image

Not so hyped on the nugs structure seen above, but, might hit it with pollen judging by the description.. This one is stinky in veg, the rest were culled because of limits and growth structure. This one bushed nicely with good node spacing.

That one looks just like Sensi's Afghani #1, which has some Skunk in it, and the leaves are not as wide as you would expect from a pure Afghani.

Latest posts

Latest posts