What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE GROW OFF: CALI HAZE VS MAX GOM VS LA BLANCA

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
For La Blanca to be the way you have stated, reminds me of a thread I have read about stabilizing the auto gene to become whatever strain you choose. the process consisted of many generations of back crosses to your select strain to be recreating it as an automatic.
Only the Breeder would know this information, but I believe the Super Auto's were created along the lines of
Sativa + Indica + ruderalis = Lowryder
Lowryder + Sativa = Super Auto
Super Auto + Sativa = Haze Auto.

From what I have gathered, automatic breeding needs such building blocks and a Sativa + Ruderalis cross would be far from a breeders intentions...
But maybe that is how it was made? IDK.

I'll get mine together As soon as I know I can support her! I also plan on finding her a Nice LR2 stud to mate with.

wikipedia:

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV, THV), also known as tetrahydrocannabivarol, is a psychoactive cannabinoid found naturally in Cannabis sativa. It is an analogue of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) with the sidechain shortened by two CH2 groups.

THCV is found in largest quantities in Cannabis sativa subsp. indica strains. Some varieties that produce propyl cannabinoids in significant amounts, over five percent of total cannabinoids, have been found in plants from South Africa, Nigeria, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and Nepal with THCV as high as 53.69% of total cannabinoids.

GW Pharmaceuticals announced that THCV is safe in humans in a clinical trial and it will continue to develop THCV as a potential cannabinoid treatment for type 2 diabetes and related metabolic disorders

:thank you:

from what i can gather though the breeder of the super autos stated that ruderalis/lowryder was not used in the creation of the superautos, however i did read somewhere that there was another plant found in eastern countries called a rudica/rudicalis and this is the backbone of the super autos but i have fukall idea about that strain??

ill have to research it

mr tank

the top 1 is onyx and the bottom 1 is mi5 both your plants look very similiar but the distictive thing between them is the high trich production on the onyx will out weigh the mi5, the stronger smell will also come from the onyx as she contains diesel which does hum and the mi5 that i grew was very fruity, thats just an educated guess ;)

either way both of them look fantastic and i hope they yield well for you, keep me posted on a smoke report :good:

peace

the END

Did some Googling and found a thread you started @ another site, Skotty

>>From the Breeder:
"We used rudicalis special genetics from eastern countries to make those strains,but never lowryder!

The base of the work is Haze special from KC for Nirvana sky and then we havecrossed Nirvana sky with some Kc 33 to make Annapurna and then Nirvana sky with snow white to make Number one.

as for ruderalis = potency loss i would put an autoflowering onyx or mi5 next to any normal strain you have and gurantee you the quality is as good if not better in some cases and this is from people who smoke daily but its all about what goes into it.
ruderalis is just the base starting point then you add to this to create your strains and with the new strains now on the market theres some good contenders "

So, that's very interesting!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Not a whole lot going on right now... But on the bright side they do look happy and healthy! This is gonna be an amazing diary in about a month or two...good luck ands hats off to ya bro:tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Not a whole lot going on right now... But on the bright side they do look happy and healthy! This is gonna be an amazing diary in about a month or two...good luck ands hats off to ya bro:tiphat:

the plants are vegging nicely and they are only 13 days from sprouting but the look really good imho, maxi is a couple of days behind the other 2 but she will impress in the coming weeks :)

im up in the air about topping the cali haze ive done a bit of reading and lots of growers are saying that sativas dont take to well to being topped, they will produce popcorn buds and be very airy,

my plan was to keep her medium sized and make her spread out but if its gonna have an effect on the quality of the buds im now in 2 minds as wether or not to break out the scissors and top her or just let her do her thang

any input on topping sativas is appreciated and lst is a no go

peace

mrtank

mr tank

the top 1 is onyx and the bottom 1 is mi5 both your plants look very similiar but the distictive thing between them is the high trich production on the onyx will out weigh the mi5, the stronger smell will also come from the onyx as she contains diesel which does hum and the mi5 that i grew was very fruity, thats just an educated guess ;)

either way both of them look fantastic and i hope they yield well for you, keep me posted on a smoke report :good:

peace

:thank you::thank you:
Cheers skotty! great to know which is which, the oynx looks like its going to be super tasty :yummy: I think you were probably one of the people who prompted me to try both the Mi5 and Oynx :jump:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
the plants are vegging nicely and they are only 13 days from sprouting but the look really good imho, maxi is a couple of days behind the other 2 but she will impress in the coming weeks :)

im up in the air about topping the cali haze ive done a bit of reading and lots of growers are saying that sativas dont take to well to being topped, they will produce popcorn buds and be very airy,

my plan was to keep her medium sized and make her spread out but if its gonna have an effect on the quality of the buds im now in 2 minds as wether or not to break out the scissors and top her or just let her do her thang

any input on topping sativas is appreciated and lst is a no go

peace

I would just let the cali haze grow, but thats just me, ive never grown a super auto so im not sure how they will handle it... Ive never heard of topping producing airy, not dense buds, it could have been many of problems which lead someone to getting airy buds, could have even been a certain pheno, sativas in general on average are known to not have as dense of buds as indicas do... How ever, i must ask...why is LST a no go?...Even small amounts can be very beneficial....

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
:thank you::thank you:
Cheers skotty! great to know which is which, the oynx looks like its going to be super tasty :yummy: I think you were probably one of the people who prompted me to try both the Mi5 and Oynx :jump:

there is a lot of bunk autoflowers out there and its better to stick with the more productive strains over the others, im sure you wont be dissapointed with either of them :)

I would just let the cali haze grow, but thats just me, ive never grown a super auto so im not sure how they will handle it... Ive never heard of topping producing airy, not dense buds, it could have been many of problems which lead someone to getting airy buds, could have even been a certain pheno, sativas in general on average are known to not have as dense of buds as indicas do... How ever, i must ask...why is LST a no go?...Even small amounts can be very beneficial....

yeah im leaning more towards letting her just do her thing or instead of topping i may use the fim technique

the reason for no lst is beacuse i put the plants into freshly made up buckets every week and if i was to tie them down i wouldnt be able to move them from 1 res to another. i would much prefer to stick with topping and fimming

day 13

picture.php

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 16

no sex yet on any of my babies :)

maxi is giving off the most powerfull smell and she is 2 days behind the others

maxi

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LA BLANCA

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CALI HAZE

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

F

feral

I'm growing La Blanca non-auto and she does put out the frost pretty heavy and starts very early doing so.

uptosumpn

Veteran
Wow Skotty, the la blanca & cali haze are almost as wide as your buckets....! NICE & HEALTHY LOOKING BRO...! Keep it up!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i could be wrong but i think the cali haze is 100% male ive defo seen signs of nut sack formation, ill try and get some close up shots posted

seems weird considering they are adverstised as femlae seeds :(

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 17

CALI HAZE

while checking on my plants this morning i noticed the cali haze has started to grow balls, i know that males will always sex before femles at around 17 days so there is no chnace that this is a hermie but 100% male

im gutted cause the fact the seeds are advertised as female seeds when clearly it is a regular seed, im in the unfortunate postion now of deciding on which direction to take, i could just harvest the pollen and use it later on but im gonna have to remove it from the grow,

anyways here are some pics to see if you peeps can confirm what i already suspect

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

dargo

shame for you :( can you keep it going somewhere else to see if it hermies, my fem number 1 male started shooting hairs out the ball sacs! I hope your others do what there ment to do

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im gonna see what i can do dargo, but im having major doubts as to wether or not there has been a mix up over at my seedbank in regards to packaging these seeds ???

look at the heavy indica style leaves that the cali haze is showing this in its self is setting alarm bells ringing my end ?

i always get my seeds sent in original breeders packets aswell and i still have the female onyx and blue himalaya diesel seeds in my fridge.

if it has been a mix up by the seedbank then this is not gonna do the breeder any favours what so ever cause the amount of orders that got shipped in the promotion must of been quite big, its just a shame there are no other people growing out this strain on here so we can see if they have fuked up ??

i have major respect for the breeder and dont doubt his abilities but with your super auto thread and now this things arent looking to rosie :(

ive emailed the breeder anyways and hopefully get his opinion on it

peace

the END

Please Harvest the Pollen...
I very well think it is the real deal Cali Haze

Maybe it was the feminization process??
...Like say a stress induced female was used over a colloidal silver-stress induced female; resulting in only 90% feminized seeds??

Awaiting Breeders Response
:)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Please Harvest the Pollen...
I very well think it is the real deal Cali Haze

Maybe it was the feminization process??
...Like say a stress induced female was used over a colloidal silver-stress induced female; resulting in only 90% feminized seeds??

Awaiting Breeders Response
:)

i have spoken with *stitch* and he is looking into the situation, i dont think he will post in my thread due to all the shit that surrounds him as a breeder, however he has offfered to send me out some replacement cali haze seeds which is a sterling offer, so thanks to him i might be able to have another go at growing her out and salvage this thread :)

it must be very rare to see a female seed to show only male traits, and the plant itself does look like a strong male and does show some good charectaristics in his structure and size so his off spring would probably be good, i can imagine that a male super auto pollen is pretty sort after thing as all the seeds are sold as fems

how long do i get before he blows his man fat in my tent??

peace

the END

You've got weeks there Skotty, You can allow them balls to safely form around females for some time actually....
I would say up to a good 3 weeks from now. At that time you will have to start considering snipping off ballsacks that would be bursting soon (you will have time if your keep a watchful eye), or moving to another location, which considering is a male would not be such a bad option since you don't have to be worried about maximum amount of light when it comes to just getting it to do it's thing and drop some pollen for you to save in the freeze until deciding to make some seeds.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
You've got weeks there Skotty, You can allow them balls to safely form around females for some time actually....
I would say up to a good 3 weeks from now. At that time you will have to start considering snipping off ballsacks that would be bursting soon (you will have time if your keep a watchful eye), or moving to another location, which considering is a male would not be such a bad option since you don't have to be worried about maximum amount of light when it comes to just getting it to do it's thing and drop some pollen for you to save in the freeze until deciding to make some seeds.

:thank you:

ive had a move around in my grow space and pushed him to the back so the other 2 plants can have more of the light,

ive picked the set of balls off and gonna let him do his thing untill i think its time to remove him, should see him stretch now he has sexed

ive got some sour 60 beans on the way and may try and create some super sour sixty cali haze or call it sssch for short :)

the breeder does seem to think it is heavy on the indica side so im not to sure what to think

he does look quite promising for a breeding partner ;)

maxi is showing signs of being female and she proper hums im really impressed with her and la blanca is massive for just 17 days but no sign of sexing from her which is good cause id expect it to be around 21 days

cali haze male

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

its just a shame there are no other people growing out this strain on here so we can see if they have fuked up ??

peace

I received this seed as a freebie and never could get it to germinate. I gave it a week and a half and finally gave up. I cracked it open to find out it was nothing but the shell. Was bummed out since I was really interested in this variety and wanted to see it grow out.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I received this seed as a freebie and never could get it to germinate. I gave it a week and a half and finally gave up. I cracked it open to find out it was nothing but the shell. Was bummed out since I was really interested in this variety and wanted to see it grow out.

you aint the only 1 who is dissapointed i can imagine most the people following this thread are gutted they didnt get to see a finished product, but all is not lost as i have more being shipped out to me so i should be able to salvage something :)

both my la blanca and maxi are putting out sexual organs but i cant make out wether they are female or male at the minute, i know that all the seeds in this diary are feminized but my arse is twitching big time,

i have a bug bear about buying auto female seeds due to past expeiriences and even in this grow diary with the cali haze, at least with regualr seeds they can go either way but with female auto seeds you still aint guranteed females and they do cost more money

we will know for deffinate in the next 24 - 36 hours

peace