What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze Breeders/Growers....

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just wanted to simply post a thread giving the utmost respect to anyone "seriously" breeding and/or growing HAZE.

I had kind of stepped away from the Sativas, as you really have to be on top of every little detail when a plant is growing for that long. I had picked back up the Sativa projects (except for the Thai project, I just can't get the kinks worked out in the Thai project) and one of the projects was a HAZE that I had gotten from a man's family (that man passed away now. R.I.P) way way way way up in the hills.

Anyway I just ran it and bred it, and man it had been I believe 110 days and something went wrong but it didn't matter because it was a seed run and I didn't care how much bud I got. Well I still didn't get enough seed to do what I wanted (let some very good growers play with the beans and breed them to themselves again), and I got NO weight at all. But after a test smoke for me and a few buddies (blind test smoke for the friends), whoa!

It is a great head numbing high. My ears got really warm. Colors are very vivid. It tastes like coffee, with an incense type of exhale. Everyone said great Sativa. No one is really old enough to remember a real HAZE (the oldest smoker was 36) so no one said this is HAZE or this is a great HAZE, but every loved the Sativa high. I looked at one of the guys eyes and it looked like he was on some kind of speed, his eyes were wide open and huge. Seriously looked like he was on some speed or something. Kinda freaked me out (everyone of them are "just" pot heads).

I have enough seeds to do a personal run of it and make a few more beans, but after this 110 day run and then the problems at the end. I really think that I am going to take like a 4 year break. This really wore me out. I will be sending in a lot of my different work to seedbay later this year as "FREEBIES" and then that is it for at least 4 years.

I hope next HAZE seed run of this is enough to make it out to some great HAZE growers via the bay. I hope that they land in the hands of people that can really make sure that they reach their full potential. Like I said this HAZE run whooped me. I am worn out, but they need to be spread.

bigherb

Veteran
reservationlabs

I am worn out, but they need to be spread.

yes they do im glad you see it soo

way way way way up in the hills

now thats were she been hidin or they r all hidin

rip too your friend who also is too thx for his/fam consideration

It tastes like coffee, with an incense type of exhale

this haez sounds special the incense trait i believe is from traits of haze bros haze

No one is really old enough to remember a real HAZE (the oldest smoker was 36) so no one said this is HAZE

you kno its puzzin still to me as you mention again the lack of report detail decription of this legendary strain haze bros haze /ohaze
even those who claim they smoked her dont seem to remember much n cant give proper description

i asked since ive been here for a description still tryin get one aside from sams

much props too you for preserving n spreadin n understandin the importance of ibl n oldschool gems bein kept alive in our community

id lov too see pics live plant buds wateva any more info is also appreciated

best of luck

1luvbigherb
1luvbigherb

Bumble Buddy

Yeah, what bigherb said.

One of the Skunkman Original Haze x Skunk1 plants I tended (very poorly) has that incense on exhale that you describe, the buds didn't smell like it (aroma of caraway, rye seed, and mustard) but when I smoked a hit and left the room (busy feets :biglaugh:) then came back it reaked of frankincense, which surprised me. Gives a sensation of brain pumping pumping and whirring along at extra velocity, bouts of exhilaration/whoa, it won't make you have a productive day but sure can allow for that. After smoking some, I noticed that the vent pipe above my stove was off kilter, I've been here for years and didn't notice that! Half the exhaust from my gas stove was going into the crawlspace above and not out the roof, not too hazardous here but still pretty messed up, I immediately went up there and fixed it. :joint:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I've been wanting to start my haze (Tom Hill via CBF) but am scared! I have a lot of respect for those that grow these long flowering girls. I find it super intimidating, and I've been at this for a long a time!!! Gotta buck up I guess. LOL

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am in no way claiming this is a Haze Brothers Haze (just want that posted for the record). It was just given to me by the family and the Head of the Household (R.I.P) this is what he grew. It was given to me as HAZE. I have Sativas that lean way more towards thin leaves then this. I have Sativas that are more light green then this, but I represent it as what I was given it as, HAZE.

I have a "small" one still going that is in a vessel that is containing its roots, thus it growth size. It is full of seeds and was grown via 12/12 from seed. I will try to take a picture tomorrow morning and put it in my photo gallery. All my pictures remain in my photo gallery as I am so terrible with computers that I don't know how to post them in the threads.

I think people would really love the smoke of this. Like I said I hope that some of these beans land in the hands of some "experienced" Haze growers. This isn't for a first time Sativa grower for sure.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is an original haze lady ...grown with strong root restrictions
... i used an other clone from her for the creation of my Hazeberry
1501212_12_08_003.jpg

1501212_12_08_004.jpg

1501212_12_08_012.jpg

15012haze.jpg

15012haze_1.JPG

15012h_s_2.JPG

15012dcberry_and_bubbleberry_049.jpg

15012hazy_mac1.JPG

15012haze_mac2.JPG

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
:woohoo: Xyz bro :woohoo: Hazeberry :yummy: You just keep making it happen :respect:

What I have learned growing long flowering sativa´s & sativadoms is that they dont need that much at all! Maybe im lucky or not, but I always have harvested some great smoke from them, even if they had too little rootspace, too little light (250 hps) etc.. These long flowering sats shouldnt look healthy at the end IMHO!!!! :2cents: In fact.. If they do, I will say they havent reached their full potential! Long flushes are a must + long curing process is a MUST!!

Had to say ^that^ to cheer you up reservationlabs, I know what you mean be worn out etc.. after growing long flowering species for some years in row;) What im saying is dont push yourself into limit, just because perfect sativa flowers, most of the time they turn out great, even if they aint looking the best, the quality of smoke is most important factor for me, not the biggest yield by the burlesque of lousier quality, which is important factor with these long flowering sats, co´s you can f**k thangs up, even at the end like you experienced!

Anyways, that said.. Thank you for your work and this report, try to find some strengths and please dont give up with sat´s just because these Hazes did worn you out:wave:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is an original haze lady ...grown with strong root restrictions
... i used an other clone from her for the creation of my Hazeberry
1501212_12_08_003.jpg

1501212_12_08_004.jpg

1501212_12_08_012.jpg

15012haze.jpg

15012haze_1.JPG

15012h_s_2.JPG

15012dcberry_and_bubbleberry_049.jpg

15012hazy_mac1.JPG

15012haze_mac2.JPG

Now that is "true" Haze. That is not what I have. In looking at this little girl that I have with restricted growth space for its roots she looks a lot different from the ones that I let veg., this one looks a lot like a "MEXICAN".

Edit:
For some reason it isn't letting me upload the photo of it that I just took into my gallery even. Why do sites make things so hard?

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ima haze head, luv em to death.
alot of people get turned off by the long flower periods, but its sooooooo worth it.
haze aint just a craze, its a lifestyle.
a pinner of some high flyer will hit ya like a line of coke.
off the wall speedy, digg it!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo: Xyz bro :woohoo: Hazeberry :yummy: You just keep making it happen :respect:

What I have learned growing long flowering sativa´s & sativadoms is that they dont need that much at all! Maybe im lucky or not, but I always have harvested some great smoke from them, even if they had too little rootspace, too little light (250 hps) etc.. These long flowering sats shouldnt look healthy at the end IMHO!!!! :2cents: In fact.. If they do, I will say they havent reached their full potential! Long flushes are a must + long curing process is a MUST!!

Had to say ^that^ to cheer you up reservationlabs, I know what you mean be worn out etc.. after growing long flowering species for some years in row;) What im saying is dont push yourself into limit, just because perfect sativa flowers, most of the time they turn out great, even if they aint looking the best, the quality of smoke is most important factor for me, not the biggest yield by the burlesque of lousier quality, which is important factor with these long flowering sats, co´s you can f**k thangs up, even at the end like you experienced!

Anyways, that said.. Thank you for your work and this report, try to find some strengths and please dont give up with sat´s just because these Hazes did worn you out:wave:

Told you I am tired and worn out (also a pot head, lol) and I totally forgot to respond to this post earlier. Thank You dearly for your kind words and telling me to cheer up. And you are right Sativas shouldn't look as healthy as a thick, hardy, dense, short flowering Indica. Like I said I am going to do another run of this, and I feel that I owe it to our community to pass on this beautiful gift I was given.

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I appreciate your commitment to keeping the genes pure and to sharing them, that's awesome. Your smoke report says it all.

FWIW, I've had much better luck growing long-flowering Sats from clones that are at least a few months old than from seed. I'll start the seeds up to about the 7th or 8th node, clone the tip, sex those clones and cull them once they show sex, then clone the plants I want to grow and let them sit around for a while, then clone them again and grow those clones. It's a bit of a juggling act and kind of labor intensive, but it shortens the overall flowering time and helps keep the plants from taking up the entire garden space like it's a tropical jungle. I'm doing that right now with some of Chimera's Highland Guerreran x Blueberry, a plant that has already brought several master indoor growers to their knees with her growth habit when grown from seed. Wish me luck!

A

alpinestar

Some people live by the phrase "if you cant fuck a 10 then fuck 5 2's"
These kinds of people have never slept with a model before

I think the same goes for ganja...

sure you could bang out 9 harvests of shitty buds in one year
or you could be patient and have your way with that perfect hazegina...
:canabis:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAZE Photo:

HAZE Photo:

Attached should be a photo of a small wispy nug (if you can call it that) of the HAZE (looks like it leans towards the Mexican side), and below that is one of the smallest nuggs from a Big Bud x Purple Urkel cross that I did for comparison.

Attachments

• Haze vs Big Bud.jpg
    Haze vs Big Bud.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 18

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
XYZ,

How long did you veg your Haze lady for? What is the medium that she is in? What is your nutes and feeding schedule?

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High'

The clones were in 0.2 liter yoghurt "pots" on the balcony during the last summer, & later flowered indoorz with only 1 liter root space. Total veg'time was around 3 months but they were growing in the shadows, which was keeping them low like i wanted. Medium was some cheap soil. i used organic nutes and lots of water.

15012IMG_0231.JPG
150125E84AE6C.jpg
15012EFFF5B5A.jpg
15012IMG_0378.JPG
15012haze2.JPG

hello my name is canna and i am a haze addict. first off thanks for starting the thread, i am interested to know who is working the haze line these days. looks as though a few of us are still interested in keeping the pure line alive and well. i will be doing some pollen chucking with a pack of 23w old timers haze from ace. my plan is to do an open pollination within the haze, and to make hybrids with my mother stock. nevils haze, mango haze, SSH, shark shock, og kush X blue sat. (2 phenos), pre98 bubba kush, NY diesel, destroyer. possibly a few others if they show medical value. if all goes well i will send in some freebies to the bay. i won't get into this for a few months as i am sifting through a few new strains looking for quality mothers. once these have been evaluated the haze project begins. that reminds me, i need to get with charile and dubi over at ace.

Latest posts

Latest posts