What's new

Original Haze x Sweet Tooth#3

Underground

This is a test grow thread for Original Haze x Sweet Tooth#3 aka Tootsie. Parents used in this cross were Tom Hill's Original Haze female and Spice of Life Sweet Tooth#3. I grew out a pack ST#3 and chose the male and FarmerJohn had the female Haze. He made the first cross and now I'm doing the test grow. I will also do the first incross and hopefully a backcross to the ST#3 father.

So I started with 15 seeds. All seeds popped but one didn't grow. Another became a runt because of a grower error (overwatering) so I ditched it. 13 good Tootsie plants were left.

In early veg I used a 200w Envirolite. Plants were started in 4dl cups. Lights were put on 21/3. Then after two weeks I switched to 600w HPS, repotted the plants to 4 litre pots and put lights on 16/8 in veg to sex them early. Females were then transplanted to their final 10-11 litre pots.

After 16 days of veg first males were visible. Long story short I ended up with 7 males and 6 females. I chose three best looking and smelling males. Here are the chosen males. Pics from around 20 days veg.

I found three phenotypes. On the left you can see the indica pheno. This one was very rare. I found only one indica pheno from the whole bunch. None of the females are like this.

The two other males are the sativa pheno. I chose two sativa phenos because they have different smells. The third pheno was mixed but it had columnar branch structure (growing upward along the main stem). I don't like that kind of plants because I like to grow bushes so I killed all mixed phenos.

To be continued...

Ulysses

I like it!

A nice cooperative cross :listen2: ... An indica pheno- that is interesting... You're gonna have to keep an eye on that baby!

They look great for less than a month in veg...

T

TREE KING

that sounds like a great cross. are you gonna be selling any seeds of this cross?

Underground

Tree King: We have no future plans at this point. Who knows, it might be garbage. This is just the first test grow.

Here are the males at 16 days 12/12. They've been under 2x18w fluorescent tubes. The indica pheno and the bigger sativa pheno have nice clusters already. The smaller sativa pheno is slower and just starting to grow some balls.

From the left: #14 "indica" pheno (doesn't look that indica anymore), #11 smaller sativa, #10 bigger sativa

As you can see #14 has more loose flower structure than #11. No pollen yet.

Last edited:

Underground

Ok here come the real stars of the show. They all have been topped once at 6th or 7th node. Some have received also bondage. #9 and #13 didn't like it and split the main stem in half at the topped node. I had to "repair" them with some tape and remove the ties. I should have tied them earlier when the branches were softer. Oh well, live and learn.

Pics from day 10 12/12. There seems to be three phenotypes in this bunch with a ratio of 1:4:1

#2 Pheno1 Looks quite sativaish.

#5 Pheno2 Mixed pheno.

#7 Pheno3 This one leans to the fathers side. Smallest plant and a nitrogen hog. Bad branch structure and needed a lot of LST to get the tops to the light from under the big leaves.

#9 Pheno2 Biggest and bushiest. Split the stem.

#12 Pheno2 Another big one.

#13 Pheno2 Split the stem.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Nice cross....SOL genetics always seem to super-size everything that they are crossed to IMO. And when I say super-sized, I mean they add series vigor to the offspring. I hope your cross rocks

My THill Haze is almost ready for harvest. I hit her up with some NepJam pollen. A good 10 weeks behind you guys. We will see.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Veeeery nice cross guys :respect: for doing that!!!

It´s going to be pleasure to watch how they grow, but what im waiting most is FJ´s smokereport compared to Hazemum :chin:

Bacchus: Havent done many crosses yet, nether growed the existing ones out, but I made several crosses using SOL´s Blockhead daddy on folllowing strains:
- Whiteskunk (WL), Sweetpurple (Paradise), B-52, Unknown autoflowering sativadom (three phenos), Doublegum (WL).

I have only popped some beans from the cross with Whiteskunk & Doublegum nd must say they have very fat leafs looking exactly same, so that leads into conclusion that BH is very dominant in offspring regarding growingstructure, at least in early daze, regarding my very limited experience....

Underground

I killed #10 around day 20 12/12 after I found a female pistil on him. The others males were ok. I collected some pollen and got rid of them after that. They flowered pretty fast. Here are the last photos of the males from day 25.

#14 on the left and the #11 on the right

#14 had a funky structure.

The females have stopped their stretching and are slowly forming colas. They are pretty big, about 1m tall. If I hadn't topped and tied them, they would probably be man sized.

Last edited:

Underground

Females #2 and #7 will not be used for making seed. They are way too stretchy. #9 and #13 seem to be flowering a little faster than rest of the plants.

Some random buds at 24 days 12/12.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Beautiful bro, they look great :smile: Started some of these myself for comparison and will start a few more, been poppin seeds for a few eeks now and there starts to form a nice lil collection lmao :D pm me bro when you have time got some good news...:wave:

jrw

Looking awsome!

I'm growing the same cross atm.
1 female outta 3 seeds, now 80 days flowered from seed.
It's definately going beyond 100 days!
I'm looking sooooo much forward to the high.
I have big expectations :D

Good luck Underground, your plants look real healthy!

Underground

jrw: Cool. Who made the cross you're growing?

Some new pics from day 37 12/12. The sativa phenos just won't stop growing. The buds are getting longer every day. That's fine with me.

#9 and #13 have solid bud structure. They are also flowering faster.

Some sativa looking buds from different plants. Long and airy structure.

The smells on different plants vary from hazey to sweet candy. Very nice.

I pollinated some buds on #5, #9 and #12 with #14 pollen. There are some seeds forming already. #12 received also some ST#3 pollen. I'm not sure if the ST#3 pollen was still viable, because it had been in the freezer for a long time. It looked and smelled a bit weird. In a few days we'll see if it still works.

jrw

Looking real nice there!

I think I got it wrong though... :redface:

I'm growing Oldtimers Haze x SWT#3 made by Farmerjohn.
Got it from esbe :joint:

bigbag

Veteran
very nice!my BC Coastal Haze X Passionfruit(Grapefruit x Burmese)looks very similar.excellent choice for hybridization

Underground

jrw: I talked about this subject with FJ last week. He hasn't worked with Oldtimers Haze. What you have is Tom Hill's Original Haze x ST#3 aka Tootsie. The same thing I'm growing here. Looks like somebody mixed up.

Group shot from day 47 12/12. After 6 weeks the plants need support to stay up.

#13 looks like it might finish in 8-9 weeks. This one has the classic Sweet Tooth bud structure. Buds are solid and heavy. Looks like a good yielder.

#9 has some of the fattest buds I've grown. A little slower than #13.

#12 is a more hazy looking plant. This one is the biggest drinker and took some damage after I let her dry too much. Looking good now.

#7 another hazy pheno. In veg this one looked more like ST pheno but in flower she showed her trueself.

jrw

Underground said:
jrw: I talked about this subject with FJ last week. He hasn't worked with Oldtimers Haze. What you have is Tom Hill's Original Haze x ST#3 aka Tootsie. The same thing I'm growing here. Looks like somebody mixed up.
Thanks for clearing that up. Couldn't understand it either. They were labeled wrong then. Mine is 100 days today, 12/12 from seed.

Here's a pic from way back

Goldenseed

Hey Underground!!

How are the projects comin along? Looks like they do exceptionally well...what is the average height on them now?

Keep it up!!! Greetz Goldenseed :wave:

Underground

#13 was harvested at 54 days. She could have gone a little longer but I needed the smoke.

Whole plant minus two medium size branches I cut earlier. This one was the shortest plant, about 100 cm tall.

Nice colas

Closer