What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak-47 Vs. Ak-48

LLCoolBud

You would be alot better off using an outdoor sativa plant that will finsih on time as the AK will take a we bit long for a northern season.

G

I have both 47 and 48. but i am going to pull a nirvana .i have some old school cali-o that is just like sunshine in a joint .its basically a skunk plant with the best orange flavor and smell
with a sativa high. if the new ak47 from serious has changed to bland i want some akf2 seeds so i plan on doing a all ak grow with some cali-o and do a open pollination .
giving me some ak47f2 and some ak47xcali-o to give my ak a orange taste.i think it would be killer 47orange. i just have problems getting males. i guess i have to abuse a few hoping to find a male.

You get what you pay for with Nirvana. It really depends on the grower. Some strains are so well grown, that it takes minimal effort, and you look alot better than you really are. Nirvana's strains are legit, but more know how is required to really make that strains traits really stick out, like rezdogs Diesel strains for example. I use feminized seeds, used some Dutch X-line seeds 4 packs when they were selling, and that white widow strain was 10 times more awesome than my nirvana's white rhino... So who knows. Maybe it's seed, maybe it's me. But you get what you pay for. It's good for beginners and novices alike. but not the BEST.. I think that relies on you.. Seeds r ok.

lankyb

I am actually a bit disappointed about AK47. Yields ok but taste and high is too generic and spiritless. The high is pleasant but not very strong. Would at best call it a workable daysmoke. Got 6 ladies of 10. 100% germination. The dark green and not very resincoated pheno was the best of the lot. Surprisingly.
I am a heavy smoker though.

I was thinking the yields are some of the biggest I've ever seen

Agreed I saw an AK47 grown by Heath Robertson at the old 420 and I've still to this day not seen a bigger, bushier or just outright ridiculously massive plant grown in a GH water/aqua farm.(the blue one's) All together he yielded 40+ Oz's dry! I wish I still had the pic. If anyone thinks I'm talking BS ask around about the guy, awesome grower, probably one of the best hydro growers anywhere. Krusty had some jaw dropping pics and so did Heath I'd say they are equally good at the craft just in different ways...

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
This is Ak48 grown outdoors in Canada, finished in 9.5 weeks.

18859Ak48flowerweek9_5.jpg

Maijah

i was given an AK-47 cut that came out of vermont, and been grown, "same genes" for the last 10 years that i know of. The shit is great, 10 week flower time, but the smoke is one of a kind. Never seen ak-48 growing or dried

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Right now if I was looking to buy beans, I'd get the Nirvana AK-48 because I'm broke. If I had the money I would get SS AK-47. I think it's great that Nirvana makes affordable beans for us growers that don't have the money to spend hundreds on the original strain. Yes they are F2 but so what? The genetics are the same, just more variance. You can still find a great mom in a pack. :joint: