What's new

Where do I find that, in OZ/NZ?

Technique

im a plumber actually, i didnt read too much above but i can tell you its a lot cheaper to just buy 90mm or 100m PVC and a tub of blue glue.. bends are under $1 and pipe is also cheap. wont leak either. using pipe like that with o-rings will be expensive.

yeah nar i need to be able to move the pipes twist etc. and dis assembling would also be a bonus..

i think i have found some after searching and might be onto something. i understand its about 15 bucks per 100mm fitting.. its going to be expensive to setup but worth it for sure.

Technique

heres part of the catalogue..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-22 at 5.27.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-22 at 5.27.43 PM.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 18

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
im a plumber actually, i didnt read too much above but i can tell you its a lot cheaper to just buy 90mm or 100m PVC and a tub of blue glue.. bends are under $1 and pipe is also cheap. wont leak either. using pipe like that with o-rings will be expensive.

Yep, nothing wrong with pipe weld, I guess the ones with o-rings have to be used to meet sewer standards. Good to see more plumbers on board. I can only advise how to operate Kenworth trucks and other heavy vehicles and how to grow cannabis.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SSOG - In my thread for DE http://www.urbangardenershop.com.au was suggested from this thread. So all thats left to find is greensand ?

Aha thankyou what an excellent site! Have you ordered with them before?

I like the price for DE. Paid about the same for much less off ebay many moons ago.

The chunky gravel stuff is half the price but gotta smash it up...

Greensand would be nice. Soft rock phosphate and neem cake be better but.

:smoweed:

Nomiss

I haven't ordered from them yet. Just getting a safe addy together at the moment. They seem to have all bases covered though. Even have molasses, GH bloom & micro if you want to do h3ad/rez/lucas, DE, meters, CMH globes(would like to find em around $50 tho), they even have beneficial predatory invertabrates. If I end up putting an order through I'll let you know how decent they are.

Whats the go with your link saying that neem oil or cakes are restricted for sale/export only in aus ? I know the oil isn't since they sell it at bunnings are they just covering their ass or are they not allowed in the aus post ?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah thanks let us know how it goes.

The neem i am not sure... i got a good price on 5litres of cold pressed neem oil from ebay yonks ago that will last me ages. I think its just the neem cake and maybe seeds/plants. I want the cake as it is good to mix through medium and should last for a while kiling fungus gnats and keeping roots v.healthy. Not to mention it possibly being systemic mould killer.

barlas

That looks good technique, I havn't seen any pipe like that before but it looks good. The only other pipe like that I've dealt with is called brute and its designed for water mains and high pressure fire services, it relies on the water pressure on the rubber ring to seal but seeing that's designed for sewer you wont have a problem with leaks!
Just a heads up, by the look of that it wont be so easy to push and pull the fittings in and out though, if they are hard to work with just use some soap or something to lube it up with, makes it much easier. Good luck! :)

P.S Technique,
have you bought from http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au before? if so what are they like. very interested.

Technique

That looks good technique, I havn't seen any pipe like that before but it looks good. The only other pipe like that I've dealt with is called brute and its designed for water mains and high pressure fire services, it relies on the water pressure on the rubber ring to seal but seeing that's designed for sewer you wont have a problem with leaks!
Just a heads up, by the look of that it wont be so easy to push and pull the fittings in and out though, if they are hard to work with just use some soap or something to lube it up with, makes it much easier. Good luck! :)

P.S Technique,
have you bought from http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au before? if so what are they like. very interested.

Ah nice yeah i was thinking some Vaseline, but will see when i get around to it.. would love to have the pipes more compact.. i will check em out and see what happens..

cheers for the heads up anyway.. and yeah, Guppys is good. them compact fluros i linked to are awesome. great for veging! and i guess could flower ok aswell

barlas the bulbs and ballast you require can be obtained from any well stocked Centaj or JR Turk electrical store. reflectors that suit our purpose no. i got a nelson ind mag ballast that duz compact mh and hps its plug and play , will set you back 70 bucks ,bulbs about 25 bucks the price of electroniqe is prohibitive.150! i use a reflector from an old 400 .

would like to get double pl light for seedlings but guppy have been out of stock for yonks anywhere else that has the good price? happy growing

barlas

thanks ilegalalien, none of those shops have stores in my state so looking online, by chance do you know what the product was called? lots of items in their online shop lol

Edit: I'm just going to go with the guppys 150w ballast and i found an aussie website that sells the lamps, i got a few reflectors already so i should be right to go!
I don't yet fully understand why I'm replacing a 250w MH with a 150w HPS but we'll see how i go :)

bonsai

ANyone know where I can get bone meal?

Seems it's been outlawed as an animal feed due to mad cowes disease, so none of the produce places stock it anymore. Same with health food shops.
I've tried a few nurseries, all come back with "I've got blood and bone"

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya you wont find bone meal in Oz unless you make it urself... i have a cows skull i found that i was thinking about charring with a batch of charcoal and crushing up...

Really want soft-rock phosphate!!!

bonsai

Damn. Thanks for the reply :)
I have now found it in Aus as a health supplement, but we're talking ~$25 for 400grams. No thanks.

Soft rock phosphate is also known as "colloidal phosphate", correct? I think I saw a bag of it in a local nursery. I'll phone them tomorrow and find out.

Can I please ask what you are using as a P source in your soil?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not sure about the colloidal stuff but sounds good!

Google =

Colloidal phosphate consists of clay particles surrounded by natural phosphate. Total phosphate is around 20% and "available" phosphate about 2-3%. An efficient use of colloidal phosphate is to add it directly to livestock manure in the barn or lot, where the manure acids dissolve much of the total phosphate and the phosphate stabilizes the nitrogen in the manure. Many of the same advantages can be had by adding 20-50 pounds of colloidal phosphate to one ton (two cubic yards) of manure when composting. The ATTRA publication Farm-scale Composting Resource List directs the reader to many useful resources on composting. When direct land application of rock phosphate is the only possibility, spreading rates between 500 and 2,000 pounds per acre are appropriate, depending on phosphorus status, soil acidity, and finances.

Rock phosphates are usually derived from ancient marine deposits. They have a different composition than collodial phosphate, generally making them less available. Total phosphate is around 30% and available phosphate 1-2%. They are best used in the same manner as colloidal phosphate, and it is worth paying for several tests to determine how effectively this phosphate moves into manure and soil. It may or may not be a better buy than colloidal, depending greatly on conditions and circumstances.

So the colloidal stuff is actually better!!!

Mixed in with some horse poo and coffee grounds sounds like the go!

I use dynamic lifter, seamungus and other organic based premade dry ferts which have decent NPK. I also use PK 13/14 at about week 4-5 of flower. I think chicken poo has a decent amount also...

Let us know how you get on wiv the colloidal!

:smoweed:

H

hard rain

Where in Oz would I find cheesecloth? I know it should be simple but I have tried everywhere I can think of (without buying online). I want it for straining butter. At the moment I am straining through dish cloth and I think cheesecloth would be better.:gday:

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
i'd go to a Fabric Shop, a place where gals buy cloth to make thier own clothes. i found cheesecloth in my local one there ;)

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where in Oz would I find cheesecloth? I know it should be simple but I have tried everywhere I can think of (without buying online). I want it for straining butter. At the moment I am straining through dish cloth and I think cheesecloth would be better.:gday:
Butcher Shop bro, we use it every day
we get it supplied by Corona Dry Supplies
most Shops will give you a bit if you ask
We have customers come in and put an order in for a full roll from time to time

H

hard rain

Thanks cornflake and shaunmulok. Hadn't thought of either of those. They both make sense. Cheers.

If I choose the fabric shop I might get someone else to get it for me..

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.trugradematerials.com.au/
link to a place if your in W.A.

EDIT: also try Muslin its another product like cheese cloth that is used for straining stocks in the restaurants we supply its another option

Last edited:

bonsai

Let us know how you get on wiv the colloidal!

Called by on my way to work... fail :(
There are a heap of nurseries & suppliers @ Monbulk in the Dandenong Ranges and I go there fairly regularly. Next time I'm up there I'll ask around about soft rock phosphate, colloidal phosphate and bone meal.